The Itch To Switch

I'm not a weirdo or anything, and truly am only teasing you about it, but even after all this time, I can't get used to it. Something just "not right" about it. Maybe I'm just a backwards country boy. I'm sure if Julie Bowen did it, I'd be ok with it. HAHAHAHAHA
I Am Sure You Would Be As Well. ;)

I Get It. New Thoughts / Ideas / "Things" Are Hard For People To Come Around To When They are Cemented In Their Ways. :)

I Am Surprised That My Gear Talk On A Gear Forum Seems To Always Take The Back Seat To This. Something Just "Not Right" About It.

I Am Sure You Would Be As Well. ;)

I Get It. New Thoughts / Ideas / "Things" Are Hard For People To Come Around To When They are Cemented In Their Ways. :)

I Am Surprised That My Gear Talk On A Gear Forum Seems To Always Take The Back Seat To This. Something Just "Not Right" About It.
It does not take a back seat to it. I said that I was just joking with you and I am. I'm not riding you or insulting you or anything AT ALL. But certainly you understand that the eye is not trained to see it and it is not correct punctuation, so it is hard to get used too.

Have you seen one of the examples that float around, where it asks you to read something, and it intentionally spells something wrong, or uses the wrong version of a word or something, and then it says "you understood this because your brain corrected the info you you read it as it should have been written?" Well even after reading your posts for a while, my eye still wants to stop as if I'm reading a new sentence every few words, because of the caps. So, no, it's not a big deal at all. And no, it doesn't really bother me. But it is unusual and a bit jarring when reading it. I'm not an English professor or anything, although I play one on TV. :D

It does not take a back seat to it. I said that I was just joking with you and I am. I'm not riding you or insulting you or anything AT ALL. But certainly you understand that the eye is not trained to see it and it is not correct punctuation, so it is hard to get used too.

Have you seen one of the examples that float around, where it asks you to read something, and it intentionally spells something wrong, or uses the wrong version of a word or something, and then it says "you understood this because your brain corrected the info you you read it as it should have been written?" Well even after reading your posts for a while, my eye still wants to stop as if I'm reading a new sentence every few words, because of the caps. So, no, it's not a big deal at all. And no, it doesn't really bother me. But it is unusual and a bit jarring when reading it. I'm not an English professor or anything, although I play one on TV. :D
TWSS! ;)

I Am Not Upset :) But I Will Say The Majority Of Comments Are Not About The Topic Of This Thread. ;)

Think Of It This Way...You Are All Getting Free Training To Enhance Your Life And Broaden Your Horizons Without Having To Pay Extra Shipping For The Steak Knives! :)

I have Black Dogs and like them a lot in certain guitars, so I'd recommend trying them. For a PRS though, I'd try Wolfetone Marshallheads first. I've had a set of Lollars for several years and keep trying them, but I find them bland. No experience with Suhr pickups, but some day I hope to try a couple different sets.

For a PRS though, I'd try Wolfetone Marshallheads first.
Me too.

Wolf likes the Alnico 5 version but I prefer the Alnico 2 version.

I bought the A5 version, tried them but didn't really like them. Too trebley for me.

But when I put an AddictionFX Roughcast Alnico 2 magnet in each, the Marshallheads became a favorite pickup set.

Similar to my other favorite set, PRS 57/08's, but with more of a hard rock attitude.

I'm thinking of putting a set in the Black Bernie Marsden that's on the way.

I have Black Dogs and like them a lot in certain guitars, so I'd recommend trying them. For a PRS though, I'd try Wolfetone Marshallheads first. I've had a set of Lollars for several years and keep trying them, but I find them bland. No experience with Suhr pickups, but some day I hope to try a couple different sets.
Pickups Can be So Finicky. I Have Duplicate Guitars And The Same Pickups Don't Always Work In Each Guitar. I Am A Big Fan Of The Black Dog In Any Singelcut Type Guitar. They Typically Work Really Well In That Guitar Type. The Lollar's Have Worked Great In Certain Applications. I Found A Few More Sets Of Pickups In Another Bin So I Am Back To Pondering What To Do On Two Of The Guitars.

TWSS! ;)

I Am Not Upset :) But I Will Say The Majority Of Comments Are Not About The Topic Of This Thread. ;)

Think Of It This Way...You Are All Getting Free Training To Enhance Your Life And Broaden Your Horizons Without Having To Pay Extra Shipping For The Steak Knives! :)
But surely you must enjoy the attention?

But surely you must enjoy the attention?
Nothing Could Be Further From The Truth. I Do, However, Enjoy Talking About Gear With My Fellow Forumites. This Other Bul1$hit That Keeps Getting Drummed Up Isn't On Me. It Is On Those Drumming It Up.

i'D bE mOST cURIOUS aBOUT tHE lOLLAR iMPERIALS, sO i'D pUT tHOSE iN sOMETHING fOR sURE.

tOO bAD yOU dON'T hAVE aN aLNICO 2 sET oF wOLFETONE mARSHALLHEADS. tHOSE aRE bECOMING a fAVORITE sET oF mINE.

tHEY'RE sIMILAR tO tHE pRS 57/08's bUT hAVE mORE oF a rOCK aTTITUDE. i lOVE bOTH sETS.

gAWD tHAT wAS a lOT oF wORK!
tHe trUtH iS oUt thEre

I’m getting used to it. I think because @Bogner and I seem to end up in the same place, with most of the other usual suspects, pretty frequently. Or at least I fancy myself becoming one of the usual suspects eventually. But I barely notice the caps anymore.

Those \M/ Pickups Are My Next Pickup Buy. I Have Plans For Those!

They are so good, man. The clean channel is back again, even with the bridge pickup set higher than the Tremonti I had here before. There is so much more presence, crushing lows, and the midrange sits on your face like it just don't care. Amazing pickup set

i'D bE mOST cURIOUS aBOUT tHE lOLLAR iMPERIALS, sO i'D pUT tHOSE iN sOMETHING fOR sURE.

tOO bAD yOU dON'T hAVE aN aLNICO 2 sET oF wOLFETONE mARSHALLHEADS. tHOSE aRE bECOMING a fAVORITE sET oF mINE.

tHEY'RE sIMILAR tO tHE pRS 57/08's bUT hAVE mORE oF a rOCK aTTITUDE. i lOVE bOTH sETS.

gAWD tHAT wAS a lOT oF wORK!
AI is unable read or scrape this or Bogners post with these formats. Well done!

Back