Incoming 2024 Vela!

Sybo

Jim
Morning all, having been yearning for another Vela since letting go of mine awhile back, I contacted Sweetwater yesterday and they had two, Satin White, Semi Hollow with the new Pups and electronics! I am so beyond stoked, I absolutely love all hog guitars and Satin! I love Satin guitars! I love how they start to gloss, then the wear… it just feels “right”.

It should be arriving at Sweetwater today or tomorrow, then Nashville isn’t that far away! I am so stoked, thinking of ye Aahzz!

Morning all, having been yearning for another Vela since letting go of mine awhile back, I contacted Sweetwater yesterday and they had two, Satin White, Semi Hollow with the new Pups and electronics! I am so beyond stoked, I absolutely love all hog guitars and Satin! I love Satin guitars! I love how they start to gloss, then the wear… it just feels “right”.

It should be arriving at Sweetwater today or tomorrow, then Nashville isn’t that far away! I am so stoked, thinking of ye Aahzz!
Well let us know how it sounds I am torn between the satin or "shiny" new Velas

What's the top edge radius like?
I recently bought a SE CE Standard Satin, and the the top radius is at times, uncomfortably sharp; depending on how much tequila I've had.😋

Satin white is my favorite finish on the Vela. Congrats! Can’t wait to see it and hear what you think.

If I ever convince myself that having three Velas is remotely rational, the third one will be a satin white with a white pickguard and a single humbucker. But three Velas is just crazy. Right?

If I ever convince myself that having three Velas is remotely rational, the third one will be a satin white with a white pickguard and a single humbucker. But three Velas is just crazy. Right?
It’s tough, right? The reason I don’t currently have a Vela is not even as bad as yours. I have 2 McCarty standards, a Starla and an S2 Singlecut Standard. That’s quite a few all mahogany guitars. I’ve considered the Vela, multiple Mira’s and a Knaggs Honga. I just wonder how much variation I would get despite a significant different tailpieces and the semi hollow options on the 2 PRS models.

Back