Tell Me All About Your Favourite Models

Out of the ones I have seen on this forum my favorites are
Kevin's (Dinktat) guitar and that purple thing Les owns.

Out of the ones I own it's gotta be this one.
In fact, I like it better than the many core models I have tried.
(That violin carve thing...)
It's an S2 (obviously) but it's a really good S2.

Ig0nLzr.jpg

meYrGyJ.jpg

Much like OP I believe my favorite is the core Tremonti. It’s the only model I own 2 of, albeit one is a stoptail and the other is a tremolo. I also share the love for satin. My two wood library guitars are both satin. I own various other models that mostly live on the racks pictured below. If I had to pick #2 and #3 favorites they’d be my custom 24-08 and mccarty 594HBii. The tremonti is my favorite because of the vintage neck pickup/hot bridge pickup combo, neck carve, and 22 fret design. The 24-08 is my ideal “super strat” and the rosewood neck adds the bass I miss from most my double cuts while the unfinished neck is just divine. The hollow body just rings and sounds so beautiful that it rounds out my favorites.

92185374-CBE4-4-F78-B69-D-0-ED4536-A8-C4-B.jpg

#1 (also my first PRS)

B0043-CA2-7-F88-4-C62-B3-A7-BB62946-DBB54.jpg

#2 Custom 24-08 Wood Library

64-C23410-367-D-4-DBC-A371-D646-E1-EEF20-A.jpg

#3 Hollowbody

B1551-C5-D-AB04-4-C4-C-8382-FF3195-F62-B34.jpg

The original 594 still rules all for what I do. It has topped the CU24, CU22, HBII, and an armful of S2 and SE models. I tend to like lower output humbuckers and the original LT is a fantastic pickup. Add in the locking tuners and the first iteration of the 594 gives me the modern features with very good ergonomics, but with enough of the vintage sound I like.

The original 594 still rules all for what I do. It has topped the CU24, CU22, HBII, and an armful of S2 and SE models. I tend to like lower output humbuckers and the original LT is a fantastic pickup. Add in the locking tuners and the first iteration of the 594 gives me the modern features with very good ergonomics, but with enough of the vintage sound I like.

Your 594 rules!! I wholeheartedly agree that the first iteration of 594 is IT!!!

BTW - my 594 totally kills now!! Thanks so much!!

I really like the 22fret old stoptail double cut platform. There are many different versions, being the mccarty, custom22, probably the odd CE22, with different neck shapes and body thicknesses. I am very happy to own two of them. A McSoapy korina (my plainest, but "best" guitar) and CU22 20th. Both guitars received PU swaps, which made them even better instruments.

I like the neck angle (better than de trem versions), the way how the stoptail feels when played, the looks etc. Tone works the same as other guitars, but the fundamentals of these guitars are awesome.

My favorite is the McCarty 594 HBII (2021 WL), but that is in part based on it's light weight (5.6 lbs). The other factors that make me lean on this one are the tones being perfect for the material I play the most (Dylan, Petty, Prince, Willie Nelson, etc.) and the diversity of the controls giving me access to several usable tones. I love my CU24's as well because of where it positions my left arm/hand. I find the 24 fret scale length to be much more comfortable, but both of those are over 7 lbs, so playing them for more than a couple of hours results in sore shoulder/neck the next day, so they get limited time. Here is a photo of my fav (I have since this photo was taken made some cosmetic upgrades and it looks even better):

PRS_HoormanGitfiddle_Born_2021Jan15.jpg

In terms of ergonomics, my S2 Satin Standard 24s are ideal for me. I played a Strat for decades, so a double cutaway just feels like home. And the beveled front of the guitar’s body is every bit as comfortable as the Strat, with its contours; I find deep dish carved tops really strange feeling. Also, I hate the feel of a tune-a-matic under my right hand, and the trem on the S2 is really smooth feeling (I mean smooth to the touch, since I don’t use the trem). And I think the Standards, with the big pickguards, really look cool and classic.
IMG-4938.jpg

Last edited:
Back