The Itch To Switch

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
I Woke Up This Morning With The Idea Of Restringing Several Guitars For Something "Fun" To Do. Then The Brilliant Idea Came Along On Top Of That To Make A Couple Of Pickup Swaps On Those Guitars When You Get To Them And Now I Am Strongly Considering That. Hopefully The Brilliant Ideas Stop There. :)

The Guitars I Am Thinking Of Swapping Are Singlecut Models...One Is OG Trem And The Other Two Are Full Thickness Fixed Bridge Wrap Tails. One Is A 245 And The Other Is A Traditional Artist Model. The Pickups I Am Considering Are Suhr Aldrich, BKP Rebel Yells, BKP Black Dogs, Lollar Imperials. I Have All Of Those Pickups On Hand And Also In Other Similar Guitars And Am Happy Yet Have Kept These Stock To Be Different And Original. I Dislike Soldering So When The Mood Hits I Usually Go For It But Am Not Sure.

Should I Go For It Or Sleep It Off And Let It Be? :) If I Go For It, What Pickups In What Guitar Is The Next Hurdle. I Know They Will All Work And Sound Good But Not Settled On Which Ones To Put Into Each Guitar.

Thoughts?

I say go for it! Big fan of the Aldrich, and also BK. I've had Abraxas, and a Black Dog/Holydiver mixed set. Love their customer service and communication.
I Have Them In My Other Similar Models And Love Them. I Have A Bunch Of Brand New Pickup Sets In A Bin And You Know How It Goes From There...

I Just Need To Solidify Which Pickup Sets To Put In Each Of The Guitars And The Trouble Will Ensue.

Last edited:
The Pickups I Am Considering Are Suhr Aldrich, BKP Rebel Yells, BKP Black Dogs, Lollar Imperials. I Have All Of Those Pickups On Hand And Also In Other Similar Guitars And Am Happy Yet Have Kept These Stock To Be Different And Original. I Dislike Soldering So When The Mood Hits I Usually Go For It But Am Not Sure.

Thoughts?

i'D bE mOST cURIOUS aBOUT tHE lOLLAR iMPERIALS, sO i'D pUT tHOSE iN sOMETHING fOR sURE.

tOO bAD yOU dON'T hAVE aN aLNICO 2 sET oF wOLFETONE mARSHALLHEADS. tHOSE aRE bECOMING a fAVORITE sET oF mINE.

tHEY'RE sIMILAR tO tHE pRS 57/08's bUT hAVE mORE oF a rOCK aTTITUDE. i lOVE bOTH sETS.

gAWD tHAT wAS a lOT oF wORK!

Last edited:
the aldrich needs to be tested for sure
I Am Throwing Those Into The Singlecut Artist. Easy Decision There As The Pickups Are Gold And I Have A Gold And A Silver Set Of Aldrich But Only Found The Gold Set. The Other Guitars Are Silver Covered Or Zebra Uncovered. Whatever I Replace The Zebra's With Will Be Covered.

i'D bE mOST cURIOUS aBOUT tHE lOLLAR iMPERIALS, sO i'D pUT tHOSE iN sOMETHING fOR sURE.

tOO bAD yOU dON'T hAVE aN aLNICO 2 sET oF wOLFETONE mARSHALLHEADS. tHOSE aRE bECOMING a fAVORITE sET oF mINE.

tHEY'RE sIMILAR tO tHE pRS 57/08's bUT hAVE mORE oF a rOCK aTTITUDE. i lOVE bOTH sETS.

gAWD tHAT wAS a lOT oF wORK!
I Have Some Wolfetone's In A Kauer Guitar And Like Them A Lot. They Aren't Marshallheads Though. I Do Like The Lollar Imperials In The Colling's Guitars I Have. I Am Thinking Of Throwing The Lollar's In The Singlecut Trem.

Of Course It Was A Lot Of Work For You...You Did It Wrong. ;)

I Am Throwing Those Into The Singlecut Artist. Easy Decision There As The Pickups Are Gold And I Have A Gold And A Silver Set Of Aldrich But Only Found The Gold Set. The Other Guitars Are Silver Covered Or Zebra Uncovered. Whatever I Replace The Zebra's With Will Be Covered.
excellent choice! my SC responded exceptionally well to the aldrich bridge

He has a rare condition we call "itchy pinky finger syndrome." "Shift-itis capulitous" in medical terms.
Had It Since My Keyboard Birth And Stopped Fixing It Because I Stopped Caring After All These Years. It Is A Great Revealer To Me Of The People Wh Are Set In Their Ways And Unable To Adapt To Reading Beyond The First Word Of Every Sentence And A Larger Majority Of Fixed Things On This Forum Than They Are Even Aware Of. ;)

Had It Since My Keyboard Birth And Stopped Fixing It Because I Stopped Caring After All These Years. It Is A Great Revealer To Me Of The People Wh Are Set In Their Ways And Unable To Adapt To Reading Beyond The First Word Of Every Sentence And A Larger Majority Of Fixed Things On This Forum Than They Are Even Aware Of. ;)
I'm not a weirdo or anything, and truly am only teasing you about it, but even after all this time, I can't get used to it. Something just "not right" about it. Maybe I'm just a backwards country boy. I'm sure if Julie Bowen did it, I'd be ok with it. HAHAHAHAHA

Back