What is your second favorite guitar ?

I call it Chocolate Chip. I love how it looks, but to be honest it doesn't sound very good lol. SUPER bass heavy. It's not the fault of the pickups because they sounded great in my Yamaha Pacifica. I have the guitar setup with a pretty low action, but it doesn't like hammer-ons or pull-offs very much.

It's a great proof of concept for me though. I LOVE the 2 volume 1 tone controls, the 5-way super switch, and the Floyd rose. I'm going to build one more next summer and hopefully that one can dethrone the PRS.

wz8i3YI.jpg

N0FVFD5.jpg

9qyRSuF.jpg

Nice woods. If your next build includes a walnut top and ziracote neck, I’d consider an ebony FB.

Nice woods. If your next build includes a walnut top and ziracote neck, I’d consider an ebony FB.
That one is a goncalo alves fretboard. My next one will be a canary neck and either pau ferro or rosewood fretboard. My first guitar I built has canary + pau ferro and it does not have any of the sound or feel problems of this guitar. Canary is like the nicest wood ever to work with. And it feels and looks so nice.

If I ever work with ziricote again I'll strongly consider ebony for the fretboard. Thanks for the tip!

Back