What is your second favorite guitar ?

A PRS does have the #1 position for humbucker equipped guitars though. This rather plain 594 is just a beast.

6qK4sFUh.jpg

Man, I love that finish, and how it looks so good with the back. Just, wow.

Man, I love that finish, and how it looks so good with the back. Just, wow.

This 594 has the torrified maple neck which is just a joy to play. Funny thing is I wasn't a fan of the color to start with. A more traditional goldtop is more my style but it sounded so good that I couldn't put it down. I like it now.

These are Both Wonderfull guitars I have them both (Suhr custom pro and Knaggs kenai for me) and agree very nice instruments. I may ad my Tom Anderson is no slouch either. Man I need to learn how to post pics.
Here is a tutorial (both a video and a PDF) thread that also has links to the other known posts regarding posting images here at the forum - Picture Sharing Tutorials . If you have any specific issues, feel free to PM me!

Tough to choose a second "one" but easy for me to choose a second brand, and that would be Martin! I have never played a Martin that I did not like the tone on. Now playability wise, that is a different story. So I guess my second (after the 3 PRSi) would be my Martin J-40. That said, when I pick up my EBMM Stingray, it is hard to put it down. I recently swapped out all chrome hardware for black on Pele (my Stingrays name, I have a black pick guard for it as well but have not yet found it), gave it a proper set up and it is playing like a dream right now. It has always played well, but oh my. Due the the meager holdings in my collection, I can post pix of the whole family pretty easily, although my PS CU24 is not in any of these pix, and it is currently fighting with my HBII as my favorite!!! Anyway, here is my humble collection (FYI, colors are horrible in these photos especially for the EBMM Stingray which is a killer Lava Pearl paint job that shimmers in the right light):

Electrics_001.jpg
Electrics_002.jpg

Acoustics_001.jpg

Acoustics_002.jpg

Basses_001.jpg

Basses_002.jpg

Tough to choose a second "one" but easy for me to choose a second brand, and that would be Martin! I have never played a Martin that I did not like the tone on. Now playability wise, that is a different story. So I guess my second (after the 3 PRSi) would be my Martin J-40. That said, when I pick up my EBMM Stingray, it is hard to put it down. I recently swapped out all chrome hardware for black on Pele (my Stingrays name, I have a black pick guard for it as well but have not yet found it), gave it a proper set up and it is playing like a dream right now. It has always played well, but oh my. Due the the meager holdings in my collection, I can post pix of the whole family pretty easily, although my PS CU24 is not in any of these pix, and it is currently fighting with my HBII as my favorite!!! Anyway, here is my humble collection (FYI, colors are horrible in these photos especially for the EBMM Stingray which is a killer Lava Pearl paint job that shimmers in the right light):

Electrics_001.jpg
Electrics_002.jpg

Acoustics_001.jpg

Acoustics_002.jpg

Basses_001.jpg

Basses_002.jpg
Beautiful collection you have there. I agree with the Martin I love my D41 as well. Great addition to this thanks for posting.

Electrics_001.jpg
Electrics_002.jpg

Acoustics_001.jpg

Acoustics_002.jpg

Basses_001.jpg

Basses_002.jpg

That Hollow body is sick!:eek:

This 594 has the torrified maple neck which is just a joy to play. Funny thing is I wasn't a fan of the color to start with. A more traditional goldtop is more my style but it sounded so good that I couldn't put it down. I like it now.

By coincidence, I wasn't a fan of the finish on my Special Semi-Hollow. The purple burst over blue stuck me as a bit strange, but it's a great instrument.

The finish has grown on me as I've come to enjoy playing it. I guess that's the most important thing. If I had money to burn, I'd probably send it to the PTC and have it refinished without the purple burst, even though I've come to like it.

At the moment, I only own PRS for guitars (I'm not counting my 1987 Peavey Patriot Bass). However, were I to venture to another maker, it'd most likely be Reverend. Ken Haas, Joe Naylor, and the Reverend crew have the same sort of innovative spirit that I love so much from PRS and crew.
I would be very interested to hear your opinions on Reverend, I am looking at one!!!!!!

I would be very interested to hear your opinions on Reverend, I am looking at one!!!!!!

Really well made guitars with innovative pickups that sound great, and have the best factory setup of any guitar I've played. If you're looking used, the setup may have been changed, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Reverend if you like the features.

Well, my favorite guitar is a PRS and so are my #2 and #3 favorite guitars.

But after that my Ruokangas Mojo Grande is quite excellent. The neck profile is not the best for me, it’s too thin. But it resonates like a grand piano. And the pickups are fantastic.
[url=https://postimg.cc/zb7j2YC9]

[/URL]

But, honestly, I probably prefer my Gibson Flying V better. It just has that classic sound and it’s a joy to play standing up for hours.

There are other ones I like as well, from many brands, but none are as good as PRS.

Last edited:
Over the last few months I've found myself going to this guitar more and more (Don't get me wrong my PRSi are still pride of place) but there seems something really special about this one.

Gordon Smith GSG-1 Korina
51984202196_c9d15b3ee9_o.jpg

1 piece korina neck
2 piece Korina body
Holly face veneer
Klusion tuners
Brass nut
60's profile neck
Thick rosewood fingerboard
Custom made alnico III P-90 (sent to Gordon Smith and they wired it in and put their cover on it)
Aluminium (none stepped) wraparound tailpiece (perfect intonation with either 9's or 10's)
Bournes 500k pots
Ebony volume and tone knobs
Gotoh Aluminium strap buttons
Satin finish

Last edited:
My real favourite is my old '86, but I hardly ever play it these days - I've shifted so much towards S-types (which we build here ourselves) that the 24 stays mostly in its case. I'm aware of being a little too careful with it on the odd occasions that I get it out, having kept it in great shape even through the early days, when it got played a lot more. So I'm not really counting it here.

I bought a goldtop McCarty back in the Noughties, because I wanted one that I could be less cautious about using hard. Among my frequently-used guitars, this one and my Hamer Chaparral are a tie for second place.

I call it Chocolate Chip. I love how it looks, but to be honest it doesn't sound very good lol. SUPER bass heavy. It's not the fault of the pickups because they sounded great in my Yamaha Pacifica. I have the guitar setup with a pretty low action, but it doesn't like hammer-ons or pull-offs very much.

It's a great proof of concept for me though. I LOVE the 2 volume 1 tone controls, the 5-way super switch, and the Floyd rose. I'm going to build one more next summer and hopefully that one can dethrone the PRS.

wz8i3YI.jpg

N0FVFD5.jpg

9qyRSuF.jpg

Back