What is your second favorite guitar ?

guitarforlife

Let me start out saying I am a huge PRS fan I have been since I bought my first one in the mid eighties.
Since we are on a PRS forum for a lot of us. PRS must be their favorite guitar.
After seeing all the awesome guitar rooms and collections on here. I was thinking it would be cool to hear what would be the second favorite guitar brand, modal, custom built, or what ever.

I do not intend this to be a brand bashing please do not do that. If this is in the wrong place or this has been done please just ignore. I am new and have not read over the thousands of thread and post on here.

So let's talk guitars.

I will get started if it were not for my PRS Guitars, Ernie Ball music man would be my next go to guitars.
The build quality is second to none they play like a dream and the hardware and woods are top notch.

TpxvBSv.jpeg

I started off on a Squier Strat, so something along the Fender style would round out a hypothetical "four no more" electric collection. I would love owning a Tele or two (those Squier Offset ones are pretty tempting), maybe a Tom Delonge-inspired partscaster, and the EBMM Stingray finally caught my attention within the last year or so. I've heard plenty about them from YouTubers and whatnot, but finally started taking notice when I heard that Stephen Egerton from Descendents/ALL has been using them for years.

Those are the "other" guitars that I desperately want to be able to afford lol

I would say this is my favorite second….Knaggs Severn X, amazing guitar that has a huge rock tone, ebony board, Evo frets, killer trem, etc. it’s the dealers pic, but I like it.

lKXXe41.jpg

just got this in a few days ago and is quickly challenging to be my favorite. Perfect color, amazing dark roasted maple neck, stainless frets, solid smooth trem, and plays and sounds amazing. It is lightly aged and the lacquer already has spider cracking, going to look amazing over time. Plus truth be told the Strat body is home for me, just feels right. Mateus Asato model Suhr. Not my pic but it shows it off well.

jP7XcG3.jpg

It would be Fender for me. Not just Fender but partscasters. I love building the dang things. Passes the time, teaches me guitar luthiery, and temporarily calms GAS without breaking the bank.

Many other brands I like, but increasingly more I have a hard time looking any others besides PRS. I'd like to honorable mention my Porter. That's a guitar I absolutely adore that would make the short list of last to go incase you can't tell by the photo bomb.

Screenshot_20211115-132153_Gallery1e99ac07c34ae97f.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-132325_Gallery2b6905e87d364d2d.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-132230_Gallery0c7cd8ccc191da9e.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-132137_Gallery1429dd77695ba77c.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-132037_Galleryffd74c61bffacac5.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-132048_Gallery01e899014ca9799e.jpg

These are Both Wonderfull guitars I have them both (Suhr custom pro and Knaggs kenai for me) and agree very nice instruments. I may ad my Tom Anderson is no slouch either. Man I need to learn how to post pics.

Yes you do!!! Looking forward to em

There's a couple tutorials on here. It's really easy to do once you have a 3rd party hosting site

My second fave? Believe it or not....its a $95 Squier from 2008. Yeah, really. After going thru it and dressing the fretboard, sanding the neck, and swapping for a mojo tone quiet 67 loaded pickguard ($350 alone...yah), it's a ridiculous value. Every bit as good as American strats I've played. Squiers can be secret wonders, it just takes a little finishing, but the value is nuts.

Strictly going by the thread title, it would be this bad boy here of unknown brand sporting a jet black metal smooth neck :p. Occasionally it comes in first though, depending on how much the jealous others cry foul.
lArB8D6.jpg

Last edited:
Back