What was your very first PRS...??

My very first was Custom 22, blue. I had it breathly in 2006 or 2007. I wasn't too crazy about the pickups, but I liked the guitar. I sold it to fund a Gibson Zakk Wylde V

I sold the CU-22 a few years later when I bout an Artist III in Natural Quilt (I thought they were redundant)... I still miss both of those guitars...

Funny, both the BRW Soapbar and the Artist III now reside with the same forum member who just returned from Germany...
And just to complete the circle, 'twas I who sold the Artist III to you (for a very fair price, BTW ;) ) that fateful day in Columbia Mall parking lot. :)

2007 PRS SE Semi-Hollow
With the Crescent Moon inlays.
Since then picked up numerous SE signature models with the Santana still my favorite.

I believe it was a 96 Custom 24 in black cherry finish (10 top) with birds. I ended up trading it for a 2001 Singlecut not long after, but it still holds a special place in my heart.
217738_9820200595_4112_n.jpg

216186_9820205595_5682_n.jpg

WOW!

I have ZERO recollection of that day...

But it was a KILLER guitar... Pretty sure Hans has it now...
Lol ... it was a quick meeting at the end of the parking lot closest to Merriweather, if that jogs your memory. Maybe you were intimidated by my sculpted 6'5" frame and dangerous aura and wanted to get away while you could. 😒 OK, maybe I'm more like a skinny 6'1" with a friendly demeanor. 🙂

Anyway, last I saw it (here), Hans did indeed have it. It was a beauty though and extra special with it's fully chambered body. Definitely had its own distinctive, resonant palette of tones.

In the early 2000s I bought a pre-owned 1994 Alder CE-22 with Dragons. Amazing guitar. I still have this guitar. It bear out my 2006 Custom 22 that I had at the time. Since then, I've chosen the PRS Singlecut as my go to guitar. I still am a big fan of Les Paul's and have one, but would like another, one day. I've sold a handful of Gibsons, SGs and LPs over the years. Sold my 2003 McCarty because my CE22 and Singlecuts just sound and feel better to me. My McCarty had a very tubby low end but it sounded so fat for leads, even though it sounded wooly.
These days I have settled and prefer my PRS Singlecuts, LP and CE22.

In the early 2000s I bought a pre-owned 1994 Alder CE-22 with Dragons. Amazing guitar. I still have this guitar. It bear out my 2006 Custom 22 that I had at the time. Since then, I've chosen the PRS Singlecut as my go to guitar. I still am a big fan of Les Paul's and have one, but would like another, one day. I've sold a handful of Gibsons, SGs and LPs over the years. Sold my 2003 McCarty because my CE22 and Singlecuts just sound and feel better to me. My McCarty had a very tubby low end but it sounded so fat for leads, even though it sounded wooly.
These days I have settled and prefer my PRS Singlecuts, LP and CE22.
It really is tough to beat a CE -22 with Dragon I pickups. Mine has plenty of battle scars from being played and gigged since I got her in mint condition back in 2000. Mine is the first "good" guitar that I've ever owned and I saved all of my summer job money to get her.

Lol ... it was a quick meeting at the end of the parking lot closest to Merriweather, if that jogs your memory. Maybe you were intimidated by my sculpted 6'5" frame and dangerous aura and wanted to get away while you could. 😒 OK, maybe I'm more like a skinny 6'1" with a friendly demeanor. 🙂

Anyway, last I saw it (here), Hans did indeed have it. It was a beauty though and extra special with it's fully chambered body. Definitely had its own distinctive, resonant palette of tones.
That's why I'm an idiot for selling it. That chambered body made that guitar sing!

Plus, it was "easy on the eyes"...

That's why I'm an idiot for selling it. That chambered body made that guitar sing!

Plus, it was "easy on the eyes"...
Well if you're an idiot for selling it then I'm certainly also an idiot 'once removed' as well! The good thing is that at least we know where it is, and that it stayed 'in the family' here. 👍

Back