Crazy to sell the S2 Mira??

Russ73

It was my first PRS in 15' that would lead to 7 S2s at one point plus a few SEs that came and went and a Core....keeping lol....I just seem to reach for the Standard 22s....3 of em....its stock and doesn't have the balls of my Standard 22s...when I grab it I'm like hello old friend buy not sure...thoughs??

I struggle whether to sell my Squier Classic 60's Vibe Mustang and my Guild Polara Limited, one has the crazy controls. You know the one. And the other I just can't seem to get it set up the way U need to.

Then I always decide "Maybe I should keep it" in the end, because it's just unique. When I have 4 strats, 3 teles, etc. I only have one Mustang.

Is it unique enough to justify keeping? Even if you don't use it often, when you do use it, do you like to play it? I have around 25 electrics currently and there are only 2 that I can't seem to have jell with. The Guild Polara which I can't seem to get set up well enough to stay in tune (took it to multiple Luther's and techs). And the Squier Classic 60's Vibe Mustang which, when I first bought, I thought the out of phase/parallel options were really cool but in the end I found them to just get in the way more than anything.

Go figure, out of all my guitars, these are probably the two most unique. Because I don't have another SG type or Mustang type.....

If you love it, but the tone isn't there, mod or sell.. As simple as that to me.

But, I get it. I have a few I hang on to, but rarely play for whatever reason. When I do play, I ask myself why don't I play this more? The biggest mistake I make is when I decide to sell a guitar is to give it one more session. Just to wind up keeping.

Gosh, I have to say, my all hog S2 Mira is stock and I can say I won’t change a doggone thing. I will say I have put a substantial amount of time adjusting the pickups and it is a wonderful rock machine. One of my faves;)
it is very inspiring!

It was my first PRS in 15' that would lead to 7 S2s at one point plus a few SEs that came and went and a Core....keeping lol....I just seem to reach for the Standard 22s....3 of em....its stock and doesn't have the balls of my Standard 22s...when I grab it I'm like hello old friend buy not sure...thoughs??
Are your Standards "interchangeable" in terms of how you use them, or do you have different pups, string gauges/tunings, etc. to differentiate them? I ask 1. because I'm just curious, and 2. because I would suggest - if the Mira feels like an old friend - find a mod that will give her a place to sit in your sonic palette.

"If you have to ask people on a forum, then chances are a bigger portion of your heart wants to keep it but you are seeking validation to get rid of it." -Atila Da Bun (not to be confused with Atila The Hun)

Are your Standards "interchangeable" in terms of how you use them, or do you have different pups, string gauges/tunings, etc. to differentiate them? I ask 1. because I'm just curious, and 2. because I would suggest - if the Mira feels like an old friend - find a mod that will give her a place to sit in your sonic palette.
I have different pups in my standards....

Back