SE Mira vs S2 Mira

kirellah

I've recently acquired a Road Worn Tele, and it's changed what I'm looking for in a guitar. I've been playing SE Standard/Custom 24's for a while now, but since the Tele's become my main guitar, going back to the 24's doesn't feel right. I'd still like to have a PRS humbucker guitar to compliment the Tele, and I'm pretty set on moving my SE Custom and picking up a Mira.

Question is, do I save up for a bit and find a used S2 Mira or just grab a used SE Mira for $5-700? I like that the SE has the intonatable stop tail, and would likely add that to the S2 at some point.

Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts!

I am not a fan of Tele's, but I have a core Mira with P90s that is awesome. Me, personally, I save for core, there is just a slight difference in my opinion of the quality that I definitely can tell. I know there are a lot of people who are fans of the SE and S2 and I am not saying they are not quality, they are. But for me, I won't settle, I'll get the "right one".

I am not a fan of Tele's, but I have a core Mira with P90s that is awesome. Me, personally, I save for core, there is just a slight difference in my opinion of the quality that I definitely can tell. I know there are a lot of people who are fans of the SE and S2 and I am not saying they are not quality, they are. But for me, I won't settle, I'll get the "right one".
Yep.

I was also not a fan of Tele's. I had a Nashville Tele a few years ago and I swore I'd never own another Tele in any form. But, my tastes have been changing and got the Road Worn in a trade, and now it's my favorite guitar I've ever played. Doesn't make sense!

I think a core is years away if ever for me. I've had an S2 and some SE's, they don't feel much different from each other and the SE Mira would be less, so that's angle I'm looking at.

I've heard people say the same. So many variances in it. Maybe one day I'll find a tele I like.

I've heard people say the same. So many variances in it. Maybe one day I'll find a tele I like.
I think it's the road worn aesthetic I really like, I feel really at home on it. Sounds way less bright and shrill than I thought it would. Could just be a good one. it makes me play differently and has helped open up my playing, so I think that helps too.

S2 or core would be me all the way. It's not difficult to find a Mira for a fair price.. I'd actually watch for core..I've seen too many smokin deals on em. I Just missed one the other night that I decided to sleep on.

S2 or core would be me all the way. It's not difficult to find a Mira for a fair price.. I'd actually watch for core..I've seen too many smokin deals on em. I Just missed one the other night that I decided to sleep on.
You must mean the 25th anni. Yeah that was a great deal and went QUICK!

I am an S2 convert. Hard to beat at used prices. But did I mention I am a bit of a tight azz.

Op I have both...the S2 has different carves...pups....and pattern regular neck....of the two I much prefer my S2...the SE is more for gigging but at home I jam the S2....

For me, it’s the core all day long. There are some very good deals to be had if you move fast when you see one. Mine was under 1K about 4 months ago in very good condition. As my tele playing luthier likes to say,”If I was a rocker, I’d get a Core Mira and a Marshall and go destroy the world.” Think SG on steroids.

I've never played an SE or Core Mira, but my S2 Mira is my go-to guitar. If my house caught fire, I'd grab my dog with one hand and the S2 Mira with the other. It's far from being my most valuable or rare guitar, but it's the one I couldn't live without.

Back