USA Pickups for SE Mira

wantaprs

I picked up an SE Mira a few weeks ago at Sweetwater and love the guitar. It weighs in at an amazing 6.2 pounds and is very comfortable to wear. I was also able to snag a used set of PRS USA 85/15 Pups pulled from a CE24 on Facebook Marketplace and would like to install those into the Mira. There is a ever so slight difference in PUP size but I am thinking they will fit however a bit snug. Anyone done this mod?

Last edited:
There is literally 1/32 difference between the pickguard opening for the PUP and the pickup. My luther may have to sand off a little of the pickguard. I know he can make it work though.

FYI, My luthier was able to fit the USA pickups in the SE Mira with no mods. There is very little clearance but they do fit. They sound amazing! I also upgraded the tuners to the locking variety.

The combo of those two upgrades gave the guitar a tone boost and improved tuning stability. Not to say it wasn’t great right out of the factory. The SE’s are great and beat many other manufacturers hands down right out of the box so it’s a great beginner guitar. Now, it’s closer to a pro.

P.S it seems a lot of folks swap the stock tuners for locking. Why don’t the SE’s have them to begin with? Just curious. 🧐

FYI, My luthier was able to fit the USA pickups in the SE Mira with no mods. There is very little clearance but they do fit. They sound amazing! I also upgraded the tuners to the locking variety.

The combo of those two upgrades gave the guitar a tone boost and improved tuning stability. Not to say it wasn’t great right out of the factory. The SE’s are great and beat many other manufacturers hands down right out of the box so it’s a great beginner guitar. Now, it’s closer to a pro.

P.S it seems a lot of folks swap the stock tuners for locking. Why don’t the SE’s have them to begin with? Just curious. 🧐
Money I would assume. Adds at least 50 to 100 for the cost of the guitar.

If I buy the PRS SE Locking tuners from Amazon they are around $80 I think. Since PRS manufactures those it might only add $50 to the price. I’d be willing to save $30. 🙂 just me though.

Back