The dreaded intonation screw loose

Gtrbldr

Not a new member
Well, picked up my beautiful CU24 tonight and noticed something was "off". The intonation screw on the high E string left the building, leaving me screwless. Nowhere to be found of course and probably missing for some time. Have not played it that much lately.

What to do? Since I am europe based, I have little options and I would like to stay as close to PRS quality as possible. Noticed @John Mann sells these buggers in a set (guess it is not getting much better than that). Are there more options?

The first thing I would go is check the case and make sure it isn't in a crevice in there somewhere. That would cause some real damage to the guitar if it is in there and comes out while carrying the guitar to somewhere.

The screws from John Mann are where I would go. They are essentially the same thing that came in it stock.

Took me a while to learn this and you may already know. When you put the new screw in, put a small drop of fingernail polish over a location where it goes into the saddle, after setting the intonation. The nail polish will hold it in place but be weak enough to break free if adjustments are needed in the future.

Took me a while to learn this and you may already know. When you put the new screw in, put a small drop of fingernail polish over a location where it goes into the saddle, after setting the intonation. The nail polish will hold it in place but be weak enough to break free if adjustments are needed in the future.
As an alternative to nail polish, you can always use blue Loctite. I use the stuff all the time for grip screws on pistols and on cabinet fixtures in my house. It's got enough grab to hold the screw in place, but screws can easily be removed as needed. I also use this on various nuts and bolts under the hood of my car.

Back