Low E string on my SE Standard 24 is flat on higher frets, even though I have the saddle all the way extended.

floydgibbons

Hi all,

I’m new here on the forums. Huge fan of PRS and absolutely love their guitars (if only money weren’t an object)…

Anyways, I’ve been learning to setup guitars and have a decent idea of the basic mechanics involved. Everything plays great on this guitar with a good truss rod, action height, etc. The intonation is not an all an issue on any of the other strings, just the low E.

When I go to check the intonation at the 12th fret, it just sounds flat to my ears and to my tuner. I have the screw pushed as extended as possible (to shorten the string) and it just is still flat.

Has anyone else had experience with this or have any solutions? It’s incredibly frustrating, as everything else sounds and feels fantastic on this guitar. If it helps, i’m also playing with 9’s and it has all stock hardware.

Maybe the string or possibly the nut, tried with a new E? Not sure but maybe try capo in the first fret and check against the 13th to see if the same behaviour

Maybe the string or possibly the nut, tried with a new E? Not sure but maybe try capo in the first fret and check against the 13th to see if the same behaviour
I tried the capo on 1st and it was still flatting out. The strings aren't particularly old, but maybe a last resort would be to swap it out? They are Ernie Ball Paradigms, which are also meant to last longer.

If you haven’t tried I’d go with string change first could be a faulty one and probably easiest to eliminate as an issue

If you haven’t tried I’d go with string change first could be a faulty one and probably easiest to eliminate as an issue
Just changed it out. Intonation is slightly better, but still falling a few semi-tones flat at full extension.

Check the other thread I tagged you in as that may be the issue

Back