My Second PRS Guitar should be?

Moab99

I currently own a 2021 CE 24 and am looking to purchase a second one for the band I am in. Mostly original and mostly playing with crunch or clean tones with occassional distortion. No Metal. For my next guitar I was thinking Fiori or a semi hollow CE 24 since I know I love my solid body CE. Any thoughts on either choice or something I'm not thinking of? I say it will be my backup but of course it could end up being my main ax...who knows

If you can I'd go give any PRS in price range and comfortable driving radius a play. Take a buddy and have a guitar roadtrip, it's fun and best of all you might find an answer you didn't consider. Semi-hollow 594s, Regular double cut and single cut guitars, another CE, and older CE or other older PRS. Who knows what you will find!

I played the Mccarty...To fat of a neck...I like the thin and wide necks ..Also played the semi hollow SE version and liked it...Phoenix has a bunch of guitar centers.... Its 2 hours away....Maybe ill do that....

For me there's not enough difference between the two to go semihollow unless you wanted a back up like what you have. Fiore would bring something different to the table for sure.

Exactly. That's what I'm not sure about. Do I want to back up to what I have or so I want something different that could also be a backup if needed. Therein lies the question

GC is a hard pass unless I have to.. I'd look elsewhere with a better PRS selection. Now if they have a platinum room there can be a decent selection, but its still GC. Otherwise I'd find a better PRS dealer.

Phoenix has Sam Ash but that's about it. I hear you on guitar center. Not impressed. Unless I just roll the dice and order something online that I haven't played. I'm trying to stay used to save some cash. But only excellent or mint condition

Phoenix has Sam Ash but that's about it. I hear you on guitar center. Not impressed. Unless I just roll the dice and order something online that I haven't played. I'm trying to stay used to save some cash. But only excellent or mint condition

That's where I'd go and call GC to see if they have a platinum room. If so, they'll probably have more than se, a random s2, or bolt on here or there.

A Westie , there are a few out there .. Quilted Sapele top, BRZ fb and Carlos all the way and of course The lil Dragon!
foiqak3v8t0vxhy964zg.jpg

Something with Narrowfields would give you a complimentary, but not same, flavor to what you have. The Studio is a perfect “in between” guitar, and both new NF models (NF53 and MK Signature) are good options. The NF3 is a wonderful instrument, and there are actually a few at non-crazy prices around now. A reasonably priced NF3 was quite the unicorn for the last 3 years.

Those would be my suggestions for you, @Moab99 Happy hunting with whatever you decide.

These guys weren't reading your post with an eye for detail. You said you dislike fatter necks, and want a wide-thin.

All you have to do to is head over to the PRS website and beneath each model the neck will be listed. That will eliminate many of your potential choices, f'rinsance, the Westie a couple of guys mentioned. It also eliminates the Studio, the McCarty models, and a few others.

The Custom 24 only comes in wide-thin now, for example. Might be worth checking one out, they're fantastic guitars. But there are others.

If you can swing it, maybe try on a Dragon for size! They are a bit pricey, but I would bet you fall in love with one of those once you try it!! Don't discount the Vela either before you try one!!! I tried one in August '22 and I was thoroughly impressed with it's tones (but was not able to pull the trigger) ;~))

Back