What is the Most Durable Fadeproof Color?

Truth be told, I dig the color. It's different. I actually really love the guitar as a whole, too. If I was still making the money I was last year, I'd buy up a couple of them - like that Candy Red one on Reverb. It looks sweet. I would LOVE to find a Burgundy Mist EG as well....

For that first series of EG I like that color you have the best, closely followed by the purple. I actually won an eBay auction a few years ago for one just like yours, but then the seller d!cked around and canceled the auction all shady like and returned my money.

I’d really like one, but I have a mental block that won’t allow me to pay for what they sell for now. In my mind (and it’s unfair, I know) they’re $600-700 guitars.... at least they used to be when I was passing them by all those years ago. Kinda how I think every SE is worth $350. :p:rolleyes::oops:

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Lol, I feel you. I paid $7-something for mine, and have a hard time with them being +$1000....even the one I love on Reverb is $999, and that's pushing it. It would be totally worth it, but....meh, I have one.

I am the same about SEs....they are all worth $350 - even though it has been RARE that I have ever played a "bad" one.

Lol, I feel you. I paid $7-something for mine, and have a hard time with them being +$1000....even the one I love on Reverb is $999, and that's pushing it. It would be totally worth it, but....meh, I have one.

I am the same about SEs....they are all worth $350 - even though it has been RARE that I have ever played a "bad" one.

Ha! Yeah... when I hear $1000 I think that’s what LP’s cost, and I still think Gibson SG’s are $400... I can’t get past prices these days.

A couple of SE’s I bought were like, $400-500, and totally worth every penny but.... IDK, I guess they’re $800+ guitars new.

Ha! Yeah... when I hear $1000 I think that’s what LP’s cost, and I still think Gibson SG’s are $400... I can’t get past prices these days.

A couple of SE’s I bought were like, $400-500, and totally worth every penny but.... IDK, I guess they’re $800+ guitars new.
Inflation gets us all in the end! Wait, I might be mixing concepts again... :)

My current guitar collection includes nickel plated pickups (50/08's & 58/15LT's) which tarnish VERY easily, so I routinely go down the guitar lineup on the wall and run a soft cloth over those pickups to buff off the tarnish (until such time as they no longer respond to my buffing attempts).

Ha.. don't i know it.

Here is my neck pickup on my R9:

And here is what the bridge looks like, where my greasy mitt lies:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hkYkm8]

That funk aint comin out. Its where the mojo lives.
[/url]

Orange is pretty fade proof..
Let's see how it goes:

Seems to work now...
obRVY3W_d.jpg

YIF3ybk.jpg

On the other hand, Tortoise Shell has faded a bit at the front. The back seems ok...

o6etEm5.jpg

QsES6ps.jpg

Last edited:
I find that if i keep all my PRS guitars out of the sunlight and in the case at all times they stay like brand new,

Back