My First PRS--Paul's Guitar Core

Congrats & welcome!

I had a very similar experience with my old 58 RI Les Paul. Spent A Lot of money trying to get it right. Shortly thereafter I gave up guitar altogether for a decade.

When I returned to the instrument last year I looked at Gibson, but nothing had changed. Didn’t want to go down that road again, and turned my attention to PRS. Couldn’t be happier!

The “Paul’s” guitar sure is a fantastic instrument— enjoy!

Last edited:
The only issue is it came with a little bit of a blemish on the inside of the top horn. The guitar looked like it had not been touched. So my guess is movement in the case or some other issue. Shot an email PRS to get their thoughts on it. But what do you think....just polish it out?

5GcYjMel.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been playing guitar on and off for about 45 years. I've always played Gibsons and Fenders (and Martins for accoustic). Decided to dip my toes in the PRS world with a Paul's Guitar. Loved the specs and the feel of the neck. Founds a new 2023 model for a really good price. Holy crap. I am loving this guitar. I can't believe the quality of it. It came out of the box with a perfect setup from the factory. Not sure I have to tweak too much on it. My 2008 Les Paul, which I love now, took a lot of money to get right. Frets weren't great. Neck had a hump in it. Electronics sucked. Stock pickups sucked. It is a great guitar now after spending another $2k to get it there over time. My fenders are all really good, but all required some fret work, new nuts and fret work.

This guitar is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is incredible. It sounds really good, but it also feels amazing. I am so impressed and super bummed out that I didn't consider PRS guitars earlier. Will never buy a Gibson again. And most likely will never buy a Fender again. I am already thinking about which PRS guitar I want next!

Here she is.

ACtMVRQl.jpg
Absolutely stunning!!

Once a guitar reaches a dealer, all bets are off as to how a little scuff happens. Could be anything, including the dealer just putting it back in a case annd hitting the horn on the case’s edge, after inspecting or play testing it.

Should polish out; I think the Virtuoso polishes do the best job on nitro.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning!!

Once a guitar reaches a dealer, all bets are off as to how a little scuff happens. Could be anything, including the dealer just putting it back in a case annd hitting the horn on the case’s edge, after inspecting or play testing it.

Should polish out; I think the Virtuoso polishes do the best job on nitro.
Yeah...I reached out to PRS last week. Haven't heard back. Wanted to get their thoughts on it before I try to handle it myself. Really don't want to send it to PRS to get "fixed" but if that is the option, then I might take it. Dealer hasn't been as helpful as I had hoped.

Yeah...I reached out to PRS last week. Haven't heard back. Wanted to get their thoughts on it before I try to handle it myself. Really don't want to send it to PRS to get "fixed" but if that is the option, then I might take it. Dealer hasn't been as helpful as I had hoped.
If you're not comfortable polishing it out that seems like a smart plan.

If you want to hand polish it yourself and not have to bother sending it to PRS, I'd recommend a dab of Virtuoso polish on a soft, clean thick microfiber, light hand pressure, quick strokes rather than digging in hard, and it'd take about a minute start to finish.

So I've been playing guitar on and off for about 45 years. I've always played Gibsons and Fenders (and Martins for accoustic). Decided to dip my toes in the PRS world with a Paul's Guitar. Loved the specs and the feel of the neck. Founds a new 2023 model for a really good price. Holy crap. I am loving this guitar. I can't believe the quality of it. It came out of the box with a perfect setup from the factory. Not sure I have to tweak too much on it. My 2008 Les Paul, which I love now, took a lot of money to get right. Frets weren't great. Neck had a hump in it. Electronics sucked. Stock pickups sucked. It is a great guitar now after spending another $2k to get it there over time. My fenders are all really good, but all required some fret work, new nuts and fret work.

This guitar is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is incredible. It sounds really good, but it also feels amazing. I am so impressed and super bummed out that I didn't consider PRS guitars earlier. Will never buy a Gibson again. And most likely will never buy a Fender again. I am already thinking about which PRS guitar I want next!

Here she is.

ACtMVRQl.jpg
That’s a beautiful guitar! I know what you mean because I’ve been playing for 38 years now and I got a core silver sky last April and it’s the first guitar I’ve ever gotten that is perfect in every way. Perfectly done frets, super smooth rolled edges fretboard with absolutely no fret sprout, perfect electronics, and stays in tune better than any guitar I’ve ever played. It’s just perfect. It’s so refreshing to finally have a guitar that doesn’t need this or that changed.

PRS customer service is going to take care of it. Feel bad about sending it to them to get "fixed." Hopefully it won't take too long. Figured it was better than me trying to do it. Almost tempted not to risk it.

And not to be a total a-hole, I also have a Dead Spec Silver Sky coming in this week that I ordered months ago! I am a huge dead fan and love Mayer in Dead & Co. It was too tempting. I was lucky to get it from a dealer. I wasn't supposed to come in until April. So that was a bit of a surprise. Got the email yesterday from the dealer.

Back