Refinishing my McCarty, need help choosing a color.

I doubt they will do something radically different like a completely different stain. Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that options are limited to stains within range of the original colour?

I do think the top is nicer than the colour shows atm.

I doubt they will do something radically different like a completely different stain. Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that options are limited to stains within range of the original colour?

I think it's that they can't sand out every last trace of the original stain, so the new color needs to be similar, and you're likely not able to go to a significantly lighter shade (i.e. if it was Charcoal, you won't be able to get McCarty/Amber)

I think it's that they can't sand out every last trace of the original stain, so the new color needs to be similar, and you're likely not able to go to a significantly lighter shade (i.e. if it was Charcoal, you won't be able to get McCarty/Amber)
Especially in the ripples that is gonna be challenge. Those dyes penetrate deep in the grain.

Something to keep in mind

Yep, that is correct. I had a Whale Blue Cu22 refinished. Had to stay in the same, or related, color palette. Couldn't go to anything with a Yellow in it since they can't get 100% of the old stain off. I ended up with Purple Hazel.

Color has been approved!

Appointment has been set!
May 13th. So hopefully have it back by christmas? lol
Nice! Not sure what they quoted you for time, but here's my experience. I've had two refinished to different colors. I was quoted 16 weeks on the first one (also a pickup swap, and two mini toggles added). It was every minute of 16 weeks. On the second I was also quoted 16 weeks. It was back in 5.

Nice! Not sure what they quoted you for time, but here's my experience. I've had two refinished to different colors. I was quoted 16 weeks on the first one (also a pickup swap, and two mini toggles added). It was every minute of 16 weeks. On the second I was also quoted 16 weeks. It was back in 5.
We shall see. I am in no rush. Lol who am I kidding

Back