What Else Are You Into? Let's Talk

Guns, Fishing, Motorcycles (Ultra Ltd), increasing my vinyl collection, and making pizza (of course beer is involved). Guns are becoming more important these days with the way society is going to hell.
Pizza and whoo ass. I like it!

My sons and I still dirt bike and I have an HD ultra classic. I love motorcycling.

I love fabricating/welding. It is incredibly satisfying hanging out at our shop and building stuff.

I think I'd like to teach kids the art of building cool stuff with steel when I retire.
That would be great for them and for you I would imagine. Very cool ! ! !

. ! Nice catch!!
Tony is a serious surf fisherman. I caught a Stingray that was at least 50 lbs or more, and he made fun of it… like I caught a carp or something. :D:p:p

The funny thing is, in Europe, carp are serious fish while bass are trash fish… so it’s all relative. For a guy who only gets a bait in the salt water once or twice a year, a 50+ lb stingray is a heck of a catch. But yeah, I’d rather eat that one he caught. Especially if he prepared it, because he seems to have some game there too.

So, since it’s been a few years since I’ve caught one, hopefully I’ll land a shark this fall when we go back. (What I’m really shooting for is some nice Reds!)

(I’m teasing. He hooked me up with a few good salt water tackle dealers and advice on a good surf rod. So I can overlook calling my stingray a mud… something. HAHAHAHA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Had?

I used to be able to jump out of the gym. Now I can't even get to the dang thing...lol.
I’m over 60. I don’t think I can touch the rim any more. But yeah, I had some game. I played pretty serious rec ball into my 50s. Without mentioning any names… UC had a league player or the year a couple years go who is from my area, and I played ball against his dad years ago. WHILE he was an all league player at UC, I played in a rec league with him. I’m not bragging because shooting was his weak point (no matter what the announcers said) but I was playing 5 times a year and could EASILY outshoot him, and with his NFL linebacker body, he couldn‘t stop me from getting my shot any time I wanted. I was not in shape to guard him well (he’s way physical), but he couldn’t stop me either At +50, and not really in basketball shape, I was pretty happy to light him up a few times.

I’m over 60. I don’t think I can touch the rim any more. But yeah, I had some game. I played pretty serious rec ball into my 50s. Without mentioning any names… UC had a league player or the year a couple years go who is from my area, and I played ball against his dad years ago. WHILE he was an all league player at UC, I played in a rec league with him. I’m not bragging because shooting was his weak point (no matter what the announcers said) but I was playing 5 times a year and could EASILY outshoot him, and with his NFL linebacker body, he couldn‘t stop me from getting my shot any time I wanted. I was not in shape to guard him well (he’s way physical), but he couldn’t stop me either At +50, and not really in basketball shape, I was pretty happy to light him up a few times.
I love when that happens. If I had a bit of time to get back in the swing of things shooting wise I could still outshoot most. I was a very gifted and talented player but that seems like a million years ago. My post college career was over before it really got started (Knee injury) but I did get to play with and guard a lot of great NBA players before the various teams waived me along and finalized their 12. A lot of good memories but it was a LONG TIME AGO...lol.

I love when that happens. If I had a bit of time to get back in the swing of things shooting wise I could still outshoot most. I was a very gifted and talented player but that seems like a million years ago. My post college career was over before it really got started (Knee injury) but I did get to play with and guard a lot of great NBA players before the various teams waived me along and finalized their 12. A lot of good memories but it was a LONG TIME AGO...lol.
I’ve played with, and against, more than a few NBA players. And some ABA! LOL. Used to play weekly with Oscar Robertson.

Ha! Violent is so true! The game was invented at my college, U of Mich.

I was hit in the eye by a racquetball hit by my own brother. Spent two days in the hospital with a hyphema (bleeding in the eye). Royal PITA. Sidelined me for a whole summer!

Yep did that with a metal tape measure about a month ago. Sore as!!

Guns are lazy, I should totally get one.

“They put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of there’s in….”

I like to build stuff. Music rooms, pedal boards, guitars…..

Too many other things that I can’t do at the moment.

I love motorcycles! The for thing has grabbed me the last several years. I always loved great food but I never thought I would be making things. The more time goes by the more I get sucked in to the bar b q, smoking, cooking thing. If I learn to really make sushi it is over. Firearms are awesome and video games are cool too in my book. Are you talking arcade machines? Or are you talking Play Station / Computer games? I love pinball machines too!
I am not a fan of sushi or I am sure I would have already gone down the road of making that. My wife likes it but evidently my palate is not sensitive enough to pick up the flavors. It all just tastes like rice to me.

My daughter and son-in-law gave me a Nintendo switch a few years ago for Christmas. I had been thinking about picking one up was hadn't really decide to. I love that thing. If I had room for pinball machines and arcade video games, I would probably have them. I like those too. I was thinking about building one of those arcade type machines that uses an emulator to play old arcade games. We had one at work. The cabinet is made like a professional arcade game and it has a flat screen TV and a PC inside of it to run the games. It looks legit when playing it. I wanted one of those but really have nowhere to put something that big. My place is filled up with music gear. lol

I like fishing too but don't really have the equipment to do it right. I have had boats in my past but never lived closer than at least an hour drive from a good place to fish. I now live near the ocean. I have been out on head boats but that is about it. I was strictly a fresh water fisherman up to the point of getting out on the ocean. It seems like most fish that I catch out there are new to me and I have no idea if they are good to keep or eat, or if you can end up in jail for keeping them. I caught one fish on a head boat that the guy was in a big hurry to get back in the water. He told me that would be the most expensive meal I had ever eaten if I kept it. It was what they call an aquarium fish and was protected by law. It was big enough that it would have taken quite the aquarium to keep it.

I am not a fan of sushi or I am sure I would have already gone down the road of making that. My wife likes it but evidently my palate is not sensitive enough to pick up the flavors. It all just tastes like rice to me.

My daughter and son-in-law gave me a Nintendo switch a few years ago for Christmas. I had been thinking about picking one up was hadn't really decide to. I love that thing. If I had room for pinball machines and arcade video games, I would probably have them. I like those too. I was thinking about building one of those arcade type machines that uses an emulator to play old arcade games. We had one at work. The cabinet is made like a professional arcade game and it has a flat screen TV and a PC inside of it to run the games. It looks legit when playing it. I wanted one of those but really have nowhere to put something that big. My place is filled up with music gear. lol
That game idea sounds legit! I bet it is awesome and would take up some space but worth it if you did have the space. My wheels are turning...lol. No way I am getting rid of gear though...

Regarding the sushi, you may need to drop the rice and go Sashimi which is simply the small pieces of fish by itself. If done right, glorious (and a great way to discover what you really like).

Regarding the sushi, you may need to drop the rice and go Sashimi which is simply the small pieces of fish by itself. If done right, glorious (and a great way to discover what you really like).
I had a guy that I worked with make me try salmon sashimi on a business trip once. We had a great day and really did some great work for the company that day and he said we deserved a good meal out on the company. He out ranked me so who was I to say no... I was not really into it but he made me try it. He said if I ate one piece and didn't want any more that I didn't have to eat more. I am not a big fan of seafood. I am definitely not a big fan of salmon. It tastes very fishy to me. He said that he can't stand fishy fish either but he loves this. He said it has zero fishy taste. I tried it. Honestly, it had no flavor at all for me. He was right, it wasn't fishy. It just didn't have any flavor. I have had rare tuna too. It was kind of the same thing for me. I could taste the spices they rolled it in before putting it on the heat but that was about it. Once it started to cool off it turned me off on a texture front.

I like bold and spicy flavors. I use a lot of spices with the BBQ stuff. I like hot sauce as well. Maybe I have burned my taste buds out to these more delicate flavors.

Back