Well I heard a rumour that...

Paul Smith and David Grissom read the DGT Club President thread with detached amusement until they saw the DGTØ prototype.... It is now in super-secret development.

DGT0.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck Norris was asked if he could contribute to the "Rules Of Tone". He said he wasn't up to it because, quoting Norris, "Paul rules tone."

Chuck Norris was asked if he could contribute to the "Rules Of Tone". He said he wasn't up to it because, quoting Norris, "Paul rules tone."

Sorry....Paul may rule PRS....but EVERYONE knows that "Tag knows Tone!!"

(Tag..you know I say that as a complement...build process of TKT 183 awaiting word back from Shad!!)

I've heard that PRS is now offering 10-tops on amps for better tone, is it true?

2013 will mark the end of the electric guitar production line. As of next year, only Private Stocks, Collection series, Amps and Acoustics will be built.
Paul is retiring to Bora Bora where he will have a permainant room in a 5 star hotel to run seminars on the "rules of tone" to a vacationing travelers. He will share the suite with the Hotel's official Chiropractor.

PRS are working on a 3 channel amp, with several modes per channel, incorporating the best of the PRS amp line in one amp, switchable eq, solo boost, fx loop, tube or solid state rectification, pentode/triode and variable wattage. It will be released at Exp14, where I will come and buy the first cab off the ranks.

I heard from a friend working at a Dutch silver alloy manufacturer that PRS are on the verge of releasing their non-ferro-coil pick-ups; they'll probably be called the 60/14 and 62/14, by using an alloy of silver/aluminum/zinc. This AgAlZn coil produces slightly less output than conventional pickups, but the tone is supposed to be very "organic". The pick-up is wound with metal tape instead of round wire, in a low number of windings - only a few dozen, I've been told. I think the pickup numbers means there's both a single-coil with 60 windings, and a double coil with 2x60, to be released into production early next year - although the numbers could have a different meaning. I hope to be able to get two pre-production models for my Santana SE coming autumn!

PRS HR department gives each new hire an ink blot type psych exam using figured slabs from the private stock library

Back