Well I heard a rumour that...

Having perfected the guitar, this year at NAMM PRS is unveiling the future of music with it's line of DJ mixing consoles. Order yours today in either flame or quilt top.

The star in the pickup cavity of the early production PRS CU24's indicated that the guitar was played by Paul, and met his standards before being offered for sale.

No...really!

The star in the pickup cavity of the early production PRS CU24's indicated that the guitar was played by Mike Deely, and met his standards before being offered for sale.

No...really!

The star in the pickup cavity of the early production PRS CU24's indicated that the guitar was being offered for sale.

No...really!

Afraid that hacks like me will try and buy a 'Pauls Guitar', you will have to pass a test before you're allowed to buy one.

:)

PRS combine levitating magnetic superconductor technology with 408s so there's only one pickup, but it can be freely moved anywhere between the bridge and neck (including height and angle) and then locked into place with a mini toggle.

Paul can hear the difference if you hold your pick with the logo towards your thumb or your fingers.

Also, PRS will announce at Summer NAMM a line of redesigned Explorer guitars, with the shape adjusted to be identical to a PRS double-cut.

Oh, and Paul can listen to an MP3 and tell you if the amplifier was put in standby mode first or flipped directly to on.

I heard PRS is going to stop offering Limited Editions

for a limited time.

New for 2013: PRS CE Kit Guitar -

Shipments will begin on 4/1/13 for the resurrected PRS CE. This iteration will be sold in a new kit format. Various components will be randomly pulled from part bins and placed in a large reinforced cardboard box. In some cases the new owner may reach in and pull out a Brazilian Rosewood Neck or maybe even Pernambuco. No two kits will be alike. In some cases you may need to route the body or use body filler depending on which pickups you end up with. Each component will be tested and certified to function within certain parameters that may change without notice. Check with your local Walmart for more details!!

New for 2013: PRS CE Kit Guitar -

Shipments will begin on 4/1/13 for the resurrected PRS CE. This iteration will be sold in a new kit format. Various components will be randomly pulled from part bins and placed in a large reinforced cardboard box. In some cases the new owner may reach in and pull out a Brazilian Rosewood Neck or maybe even Pernambuco. No two kits will be alike. In some cases you may need to route the body or use body filler depending on which pickups you end up with. Each component will be tested and certified to function within certain parameters that may change without notice. Check with your local Walmart for more details!!

That for me would be like Toys-r-Us on x-mas eve, Vaselined-up, with a sock with a cue ball in it, high on crystal meth, deranged madness!!!!! Think "The Great Cabbage Patch Kids Christmas Massacre of 1982" and multiply that by a thousand. I would be ducking calls from "Matt" at Discover Card until early may 2034.

That for me would be like Toys-r-Us on x-mas eve, Vaselined-up, with a sock with a cue ball in it, high on crystal meth, deranged madness!!!!! Think "The Great Cabbage Patch Kids Christmas Massacre of 1982" and multiply that by a thousand. I would be ducking calls from "Matt" at Discover Card until early may 2034.

I gotta go off topic for one moment.....back circa 10/82 we got the call from "Toys R Us"....the cabbage patch dolls we had reserved 3 months ago had just come in.....$39 bucks a piece, IIRC for a doll that was selling for $200 "on the black market at the time". We arrived....went to the back...got our three (3) reserved dolls....paid for them...and were almost crushed by the masses who literally tried to pry them from our hands as we attempted to get back to the car....at the time, my now soon to be 31 y/o son was about 8 months old and the dolls were supposed to be for him....as it turns out, they still sit in their original cases.....with their original adoption papers....and the entire purchasing experience....to me....represents a great memory of how I envision the mogul hordes must have looked to their enemies. What an experience!!

OK...back to rumors...here's a related one...Paul is trading a new Private Stock for 3 original Cabbage Patch Dolls. That's the deal I made on my most recent build!

Back