SE Tremonti Custom!

Yeah, I just looked at Sweetwaters pics again, and it is a lighting thing.
You can see the grain black/gray thing going on, just dark pics.

Says they still have three of these in stock.

They should change the specs too since they are all wrong.

Yeah, I just looked at Sweetwaters pics again, and it is a lighting thing.
You can see the grain black/gray thing going on, just dark pics.

Says they still have three of these in stock.

They should change the specs too since they are all wrong.

PS, I looked at that guy's review again, and it is from September 20, 2012.
I think he is talking about the regular Tremonti SE, not the new UK style.

Ooops, not sure how I got three posts here when editing.
If mod can delete the first two above...

I'm almost certain his review is the "birds inlay" revision of the Tremonti SE. But yeah, they're definitely grey/black. And beautiful. I can't wait!

(And yes, they badly need to revise the specs on Sweetwater. A lot of their guitar information is off. I wish PRS would put up their page.)

I let my Sweetwater sales guy who I get my PRS hard shell cases from know about the wrong text up for this new guitar, and pointed him to one of the UK sites that has the correct specs.

No phone call from my local dealer, so no NGD thread this weekend :(

I am not sure why PRS does not give the dealers a UPS tracking number when they place an order for a client.
I have bought four PRS guitars now from my local dealer, and one was already on display, my sons SE Semi-Hollow.
But the ones for me he had to order PRS never sends him a tracking number.
Very disappointed in that, and most people who pre pay for a guitar kind of like being able to track where it is at so they will know when it lands at the store.
He claims they never send him a tracking number when they email him that it has shipped.

Last edited:
I like how they did the video - and I was standing next to the guy filming when Mark did his bit at the beginning.

If that purple burst was released here, I might cave on that...

These look amazing. If I didn't already own a USA I'd be all over one of these.

If I do not hear from my dealer today that it is in, I will call when I get home and see if he can try to get a hold or PRS to find out where it is.

It was ordered on Friday the 5th.

Last edited:
Dealer spoke with PRS sales yesterday morning, and she asked if it had shown up yet, and my dealer said no.
She thought it would have shown up by now.

The shipping department I guess some guy is out right now and is in New York, so it it hard to get any info right now where my new guitar is.

I think the ideal thing would be for PRS to include the shipping/tracking info when the guitars get sent out to their dealers, then this would save a big hassle of trying to find out where it is.

That's...very peculiar. Granted, I know you said you've dealt with this dealer but I've never seen a company send hundreds of dollars (thousands even) of product across the country with no tracking. Hell, I don't think you can since we're talking UPS or FedEx usually as the carrier. And I would think/hope PRS would have a centralized system for checking that info, not "some guy in New York." And that's nothing directed at you, you've just got me paranoid since I'm also waiting on mine. ;)

I hope your guitar arrives soon. I wanna see pics to tide me over until mine gets here!

Yes, it is strange.
Third PRS guitar now I have ordered from him, and he always calls up sales there to get it shipped to his store once I put $$$ down on it.
He says they never include the tracking # with the confirmation when it ships.
His two carriers are UPS and FedEx.

I have even emailed PRS support before to get the tracking info, and was told shipping is a separate department, and they have no access to the info.
I guess I am use to the way we operate here at Boeing, we always know where our stuff is when we order it, or I order stuff for my self for personal use.

I could have had the guitar now if I had gone through Sweetwater.
Order on Monday, I would have it by Friday, and that is FedEx ground to WA. state.

But...Sweetwater does not really do mods, so I would have to take it to my local shop to get the Planet Waves tuners put on since it requires drilling/filling holes, ect, and I would not get the two free $60 setups my dealer includes when you buy a guitar from them.

If I hear nothing today, perhaps it got lost, or it is sitting in a UPS breakroom getting some playing time on it :D
I have heard stories ;)

Last edited:
Well, at least we both have our other guitars to keep us busy. Here's hoping it shows up any day now. I've got my locking tuners ready to go, Dunlop straploks, US Tremonti pickups and so on. Just need a Black Tusq XL nut and new pots/switch and I can knock this baby out. That's after I've taken a couple of days to appreciate it as-is of course. It's not nearly as sweet for me to mod a guitar if I can't do a before/after. ;)

BTW, I wonder: Why no word from PRS on this (the model itself, I mean)? We've got stores stocking it, orders being made, but no official spec sheet or anything from the company? Seems odd, especially with the SE Custom 24-7 and SE Lowery being up on the site but not available yet. Is this a stealthy release, the "new" Tremonti that'll replace the current one?

Either way, I can't wait. Still drooling over pics.

I have very bad news, and I am pissed off.
PRS shipping sent it to the wrong A Sharp Music store.
Mine is in WA. state, they shipped my paid guitar to a store with the same name in Pennsylvania.
I am sure it arrived last week there, and it has been put out on display or sold already.

There are more at PRS, but they are still unpacked and not ready to ship, as they have to go through QC, setup, then shipped.

Looks like I start all over again and play the waiting game.
My dealer was not happy at all.

I may cancel and get my $$$ back, I am not sure yet.
This should not have happened.

Last edited:
I may cancel and get my $$$ back, I am not sure yet.
This should not have happened.

Take a deep breath... No, this should not have happened, but there isn't anything you can do about that particular guitar... You obviously want this thing, so ask yourself - are you that mad or just that disappointed?

If you cancel your order, you only punish yourself - PRS and the dealer won't feel the sting of the loss of this sale nearly as much as you will by not having the guitar you wanted.

Chalk it up to a new life experience (another lesson in delayed gratification) and play the one you finally do get until your fingers bleed, the neighbors call the cops and the dog is deaf.

Take a deep breath... No, this should not have happened, but there isn't anything you can do about that particular guitar... You obviously want this thing, so ask yourself - are you that mad or just that disappointed?

If you cancel your order, you only punish yourself - PRS and the dealer won't feel the sting of the loss of this sale nearly as much as you will by not having the guitar you wanted.

If I understand him correctly, he means cancel with his current dealer and order from Sweetwater or someone with the guitar in stock who could ship it today, as opposed to waiting all over again for PRS to ship the guitar to the dealer.

Dude, that's horrible though. How in the hell could that happen? I hope you get the guitar soon, however you go about it.

Back