SE Tremonti Custom!

Hahaha, that's actually my website. The article was based off of what I had read elsewhere about the guitar, as well as my own knowledge of the history of PRS Tremonti models.
I emailed my nearby PRS dealer, who responded with the following:
(Emphasis my own.)
So it looks like these guitars will be available in the US soon!!
I have updated the MarkTremonti.net article accordingly.
You never know who you will come across in these forums. Nice site man. Top google result when searching for mark!

Good news about the US version. Would be great if they added more color options.

waiting-game-meme-generator-and-now-the-waiting-game-07fc04.PNG

Hahaha, that's actually my website. The article was based off of what I had read elsewhere about the guitar, as well as my own knowledge of the history of PRS Tremonti models.

I emailed my nearby PRS dealer, who responded with the following:
(Emphasis my own.)

So it looks like these guitars will be available in the US soon!!

I have updated the MarkTremonti.net article accordingly.
Nice site!
I was on it during the weekend and was looking at the rig run down and other stuff related to Mark on there.

I had a feeling this guitar was going to be released here also very soon.
I was lucky my dealer was able to snag one of these, as I think he said only 14 of them were sitting there in Maryland.

You never know who you will come across in these forums. Nice site man. Top google result when searching for mark!
Lol, I kind of feel bad that Mark's site (MarkTremonti.com) doesn't even show up among the search results for "Mark Tremonti". I guess my site's been around for a lot longer. A couple weeks ago when Wolfgang Van Halen was announced as the new bassist for Tremonti's current tour, a bunch of press outlets started linking to my site as the official source for Tremonti tour dates. So at that point I put a notice up with a link to Mark's real site.

Nice site!
I was on it during the weekend and was looking at the rig run down and other stuff related to Mark on there.
Thanks man. The equipment section is a bit out of date, but Mark's rig changes so often that it's impractical for me to keep up. For instance, on his current solo tour he's basically only using two half stacks and a wah.

Cool, they got them in.
I had talked to my sales guy who I order my PRS hardshell cases from if he had heard of this guitar yet, and he had not, that was last week.

My dealer has assured me mine is on the way, so not sure if it will be in this week or next.
Next week at the latest I hope.

PS, dang :D
Great Guitar! Great Deal! Love Sweetwater!
by Westerly Propst from Virginia
September 20, 2012
Music Background: Hobbyist
I already own a black DOT Tremonti SE that is probably 4+ years old. It's a great guitar. I've had this new Tremonti for about a total of 4 hours and it's a whole step above the old version. It just plays itself (cliche I know, but it's true)The pickups are pretty good for what they are. Like I did with my black Tremonti SE, I will replace with EMGs, install locking tuners, strap locks and a new nut. Other than that, this is now my main Axe.

Sweetwater was great to deal with. I LOVE the guitar gallery. Will be buying a Santana SE from Sweetwater ASAP.
I thought I was going to be the first to get one of these in the US, oh well...

Last edited:
Funny how fast it went from a "UK only" to being over here. I'm ordering mine as we speak. Can't wait to get my hands on this. It'll replace my current Tremonti SE, which I'll take back to stock and give to my dad as a present since he loves it.

Funny how fast it went from a "UK only" to being over here. I'm ordering mine as we speak. Can't wait to get my hands on this. It'll replace my current Tremonti SE, which I'll take back to stock and give to my dad as a present since he loves it.

Looks like the UK still has exclusive finishes - only Grey-Black in the US... for now.

Never had a black one before, kind of looking forward to the color.
Called my dealer, still about an hour to go before UPS makes its rounds there.

Ha, no worries dude. I might get mine first, but I'll also be doing all the work that your dealer is doing myself. So it's a tradeoff. I'll post plenty of pics no matter who gets theirs first. ;)

Yeah, I have a pretty good dealer.
Two free $60 setups.

They set it up when it arrives, throw the Planet Waves Autotrim tuners on for me, and put on Ernie Ball Cobalts 9-42.
Then intonate it, adjust the pickup height if needed, ect.

Then down the road I can take it back for another free setup.
Something Guitar Center does not do.
I had this shop setup my SG for me too that I had bought last May at GC.

That's awesome. I do all my own work except for fret jobs (I'll probably throw stainless 6100's on this next year at some point), so I love getting it factory fresh and doing my own thing. It's rewarding for me to plug up and see my work come to fruition. Though it does drive my girlfriend crazy. ;)

If anyone buys one from Sweetwater, it may be a good idea to call first and verify the specs. The website lists it with the specs of the standard Tremonti SE.

I'll wait for the black cherry model.

If anyone buys one from Sweetwater, it may be a good idea to call first and verify the specs. The website lists it with the specs of the standard Tremonti SE.

I'll wait for the black cherry model.

Their specs are all sorts of wrong, not to mention there's two versions that contradict eachother. The blurb at the top is accurate though, "Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Flame Maple Top, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and a Gig Bag - Grey Black"

I didn't order from them, but they're great at answering questions. Seems they just copy-pasted the specs though. It happens. You might be waiting for awhile though, everything I've heard here and elsewhere is that we just get the one color.

I did not really need this one either, kind of an impulse buy :D
But it has been a long time since I have had an LP shaped gidfiddle.

No phone call today, maybe tomorrow UPS will show up at the shop.
If not, then next week.
I hate not being able to track this.
Everything else I buy I have access to tracking numbers so I know exactly where my stuff is.

hmmm not liking something. All 3 of the sweetwater models look almost black, I barely see the gray there. May be a lightning thing. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/snM21062

Compare to those showing up on UK sites:
http://worldguitars.co.uk/se-tremonti-gey-black-ltd-edition/
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/copy-prs_se_tremonti_custom_black_cherry.asp
http://www.guitars4you.co.uk/prs-se-tremonti-custom--trem--bird-inlays---grey-black+++921

The top from the one in the last link is insane for an SE! I would buy it that one in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I just looked at Sweetwaters pics again, and it is a lighting thing.
You can see the grain black/gray thing going on, just dark pics.

Says they still have three of these in stock.

Back