SE Tremonti Custom!

OK, I just bought one :D
It is not the UK one, but close, but it is so new it is not up on the PRS products page yet.

It is called a SE Tremonti Custom which means it has a thicker carved body, 245 pickups, tremolo, and wide/thin neck unlike the current SE Tremonti which has the standard SE treble/bass pickups (same as my Santana and Custom 24), and a wide/fat neck.

Comes in black/gray only, and I should have it within two weeks.
It will get the same treatment as all of my other guitars such as Ernie Ball Cobalts in 9-42, Schaller Strap Locks, and Planet Waves Autotrim tuners.
I have a set of black Schaller Strap Lock pins in black at home, so I will use them on it.
My straps though have the nickle colored locks on them.

I saw some pics of it at the store from his email, it looks nice.

I have an empty spot on my wall since my son has his SE Semi-Hollow at his home, so this will takes its place on my wall ;)

Oh, my dealer is looking into a hard case for it too, perhaps a PRS one if it fits, or one he has in stock.

Wow Every year the SE line impresses me more and more. I was about to dop in some Tremonti pickups to my Singlecut SE, but looks like I will be waiting a little to see if more these show up around here. PRS really took these to the next level!

Wow this would be a huge hit with PRS and some of the crowd who can't afford the big daddy version. I'll purchase one myself as soon as it is available in the US.

Good video of Mark's newest USA version Tremonti Signature in action.
Hope this inspires some to check out the new SE model.

I have heard him on Sirius satellite radio a bit on the Octane Channel, I ended up buying his newest MP3 album today off of Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to get down to Toneworld or Sound Affects and try one out!

Just spotted this vid by Paul Glover... Guitar looks and sounds amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I have it cued up to watch on my Blu-Ray player that has YouTube on it, and watch this bad boy on my HD TV.
I love that new player, just picked it up a few weeks back.
Sure beats watching them on the PC.

It has been confirmed, the standard PRS Vintage case like I have for my SE Custom 24, SE Santana, and my son's SE Custom Semi-Hollow will fit the SE Tremonti.
I called up Sweetwater and my sales guy there confirmed it, and also my dealer who ordered the new Tremonti for me said it would fit, and he has one coming for me.
I already placed an order online yesternight for one, oh well, I will hold onto it for a future PRS SE guitar :D
Once can never have enough PRS's.

22.jpg

I just created an account to say that I would order one of these guitars TODAY if it was available in the States. PRS, please take note that there is demand for these models in the USA!

PS, what does trem up routing mean like the USA version has?
It is mentioned here.
http://www.musicradar.com/totalguitar/prs-unveils-se-tremonti-custom-564553

Here is another link to the same guitar, but it is called a Tremonti Signature.
http://www.toneworld.co.uk/electric...-signature-limited-edition-in-grey-black-p998

It means you can pull up on the whammy bar to raise the pitch. Many tremolo bridges only allow you to dive down on the bar to lower the pitch.

Does anyone know how deep the up-routing is? From the review video posted above, it sounds like a full step, but I can't be sure.

I would like to second this!

Hahah yes!!!

Of course, I'm assuming that the SE Tremonti Custom would be sold for $700 in the US, given that it goes for £700 in the UK, and the Tremonti SE sells for the same price in both locales ($550/£550).

Just a hair higher, but not much.
At least at my dealer it was a tad over that.
I do not believe we can discuss what individual dealers charge.

I was wondering when they would update the Tremonti SE, I'd get one if I didn't already have the USA version, AND I'm jonezin for one of those new SE 7 strings!
photo.php

I would have liked to get the cherry one too, but my dealer said only the gray/black one was available.

Mine shipped on Friday, but I do not expect it until early next week.
My Planet Waves Autotrim tuners showed up at the dealer today though.

From ordering three SEs in the past, it seems to take close to two weeks from Maryland to Washington state via UPS ground for some reason.

I will for sure have pics up in a NGD thread when I get it home.

Just got done hanging another Hercules wall mount for it.

I was Googling the new guitar and this popped up.
http://www.marktremonti.net/newsitem.php?id=206

They are still saying it is only available in the UK.

So what do I have coming next week?
Hahaha, that's actually my website. The article was based off of what I had read elsewhere about the guitar, as well as my own knowledge of the history of PRS Tremonti models.

I emailed my nearby PRS dealer, who responded with the following:
I just spoke with Rick at PRS. He told me that initially, this Tremonti was released in the UK only. They are now preparing for US distribution. Which means, if you would like, I can place a special order for the guitar and in the next week or so PRS will start thier first shipment of the Tremonti SEs. As of now the only available finish is Grey Black...
(Emphasis my own.)

So it looks like these guitars will be available in the US soon!!

I have updated the MarkTremonti.net article accordingly.

Back