Is PRS "Killer Quilt" name copyrighted?

JohnGA

Hi guys, my name is John and I'm also youtuber/twitch-er as much as I'm musician. I was wondering; is PRS "Killer Quilt" series of guitar copyrighted by name or? Can I use name "Killer Quilt" for my channels or? I've read FAQ on PRS guitars page and I saw that only inlays and PRS signature are copyrighted, and also by American law I can use short term names without worrying. Anyway: thanks for answer.

Not sure if they copyright or trademark model names or not? Even so, it's almost like a series name, not even a model. Doubt it'd be an issue. Maybe just email them and ask?

I send PRS message on facebook, still didn't get answer. Tnx anyway.

...use the direct email above. They are really good about answering emails.

FB is a horrible way to try to get someone's attention - too much extraneous noise. Almost half a million people are following the FB page - hard to get a message to stand out.

?

20548424ad505e53767ec678c5ded1a5.jpg

A Killer Quilt is what old ladies roll bodies up in for transporting and dumping, right?

No - that's a post-kill quilt. A Killer Quilt is one that they roll someone up in and it suffocates them - doubly functional. And if the old lady makes it her self, then she's a Killer Quilter, if she's not mentally unbalanced. A mentally unbalanced Killer Quilter is technically an Off-kilter Killer Quilter.

Of course, if she's Scottish and in traditional dress, she's a Kilted Off-kilter Killer Quilter.

BTW, you can stop me from doing this.

You just need a Kilted Off-kilter Killer Quilter Filter.

You know where to get one, right?

From a Kilted Off-kilter Killer Quilter Filter Builder.

This is "PRS GA Guitar Asylum Limited Artist Custom 24" .. "Killer Quilt 2.0". :D

2r2omdc.jpg

I see both Fender and Gibson have "Killer Quilts" so I would say so no, it ain't copyright. I have a "Big Quilt" PRS and Googleing Big Quilt brings up all sorts of things so that doesn't look unique either.

Back