NGD - SE Custom 24 Quilt (new to PRS, new to these forums)

re: the block swap... the screws holes on the original block look counter-sunk, and the brass block holes don't appear to be... were you able to get a flush fit of the brass block against the trem plate despite the difference?

Belated happy new guitar day, btw!

Good point, I hadn't noticed that. Upon closer inspection, it does appear that the block is just a hair off the plate.

Next time I change the strings, I'll take the block to the drill press and make some receses. No big deal though, the guitar sounds good as is for now.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Good point, I hadn't noticed that. Upon closer inspection, it does appear that the block is just a hair off the plate.

Next time I change the strings, I'll take the block to the drill press and make some receses. No big deal though, the guitar sounds good as is for now.

Thanks for pointing that out!
I get Musically is cheaper, but if you do it again, check out John Mann's kit. Definitely recommend it and no worries for fitment and quality, being he's the OG PRS trem mann.

Either way, huge fan of the tone benefits of brass.

Hi there, I'm new here and just got my first PRS guitar - the SE Custom 24 Quilt. I don't think I can post a picture until I have a few posts, so I'll post one after a couple replies.

I'm actually blown away by how good this guitar is. My other guitars are a Fender Am Strat, a Gibson LP, and 3 MIJ Ibanez. This thing definitely hangs with them no problem. I'm particularly loving the ebony fretboard, first time owning a guitar with ebony.

Although the stock pickups are actually pretty decent, I bought a set of Seymour Duncan JB and 59 since they were on sale at the store I bought my SE at, and I know these are known to be good pickups for mahogany guitars. I also have a set of PRS SE locking tuners on the way.

As I said, this is my first PRS, the first PRS that I've played really (been playing guitar for ~20 years). I don't know what took me so long, but I think I get PRS now, I just love playing this ting. I've always thought they looked good, the people over at PRS really have good taste in guitar aesthetics. Unlike Ibanez, which I love, but they seem to only have awful color options these days.

Anyway, I actually had a few questions for you PRS experts:
1- what is the nut material? I see that all model levels (S2, core, SE) all say "PRS" nut, but are they all the same?
2- what is the fret size on these?
Congrats! They are great guitars, the ebony board is nice & I like the Zebra pu's on mine. I can't put my Eriza Verde Quilted Custom 24 down.

Back