Introduce yourself!

I’m also in possession (somewhere) of a degree in English, so the errors in my post above are driving me nuts but the forum won’t allow my edits thinking they are spam-like, so please forgive any grammatical errors. ;-)

I’m also in possession (somewhere) of a degree in English, so the errors in my post above are driving me nuts but the forum won’t allow my edits thinking they are spam-like, so please forgive any grammatical errors. ;-)
Welcome to the group! Hang around and you'll find your grammar style will be fine and may be better than some :)

The SE HB II Piezo is a fantastic platform I'm sure you will love it. The band should love it too!

Good morning! Please allow me to introduce myself…I’m Jason, a 50something musician in the hills of Western Massachusetts. I’ve been playing music most of my life. After some school band saxophone, I started playing bass at about 15 because, well, that was what my friends’ band needed. I picked up my first guitar about a year later, but was primarily a bass player into my mid 20s when I started playing mandolin and quickly found myself as a popular “guest” with a couple of bands, playing some pretty cool gigs. I went back to playing mostly bass in my 30s, bought and sold a LOT of basses, guitars, amps and other gear (I’m a definite GAS-oholic), had a bass custom made for me, did a lot of gigs with a folk/rock band and later a “fusion” group, recorded in some nice studios and…by 40 life took over and my “career” as an active musician waned. Increasingly I turned my focus to guitar and songwriting to feed my musical appetite. A few years back, my grandmother passed away and I convened two of my oldest friends (yes, the guys I played with when I was 15!) to play something at her funeral. The spark thusly rekindled, we “put the band back together”. The pandemic stalled our plans to start doing some small gigs, but my transformation to primarily a guitar player stuck.

I’ve got a number of instruments around the house but the main once’s are a Martin DM, and Ibanez AR325QA and my beloved custom 4 string bass. I have at long last purchased PRS (Hollowbody II SE Piezo) which I should have in April. A friend from another musician’s forum had recommended this place as a good place to talk about guitar and music, so after a lurk about, here I am.

So yeah…hi!
Welcome Jason! Great to hear that your passion lives and thrives in the world of sound waves!! Can't wait to see your HBII. Mine (though not piezo) is my favorite guitar at the moment!!!

Here's pic of the Ibanez. Love this guitar.

C6-B44167-E4-C7-4-ECE-8067-720-D581-CB3-B5.jpg

Welcome to the Enabler's Club Jason! Mid 50's, former western MA/current central CT resident here.

So...what's your next purchase??;)

I’ve do my share of enabling, I should fit right in. :D After this upcoming guitar, the next major pursuit is reducing the weight of my bass rig to better suit my advancing age ;)

Carlos can do wonders with anything. Unlike myself..."anything" makes me wonder if I can do something with it.
Jason, there was only one ES model I found that wasn't cumbersome to play (read: large and heavy) for me. The owner said it was an ES Artist, but I've never seen another one. Was almost identical layout as a 355 but more compact, about the size of a LP. Was some years ago I played it but I still found it heavier than I like. Sounded great, forget what amp we used that night though. There was some liquid embellishment involved...lots of embellishment.

I think we all have those instruments we played "somewhere" that hold a special place in our gear acquisition dreams. I played a bass in a studio once that I loved, ended up using it for the entire session. I've never been able to figure out exactly what it was. Should have taken pics but that was before I always had a "camera" in my pocket. Probably just as well, because I'd invariably own one by now otherwise. ;)

Hi All! Thought I'd just say "Hello" and introduce myself. I'm a luthier and tech on Columbia, SC, and recently had a friend bring three different PRS guitars through my shop for some attention. Believe it or not--in all of these years of playing and working on guitars, I'd never had a PRS of any kind in my hands--and so these three seem to have led me on a quest to get one of my own, which I feel like will be happening pretty soon. Anyhow, I've enjoyed getting to know more about the various guitar models, Paul, and the company's approach to making instruments. Good to be here, and thank you!

-Greg

Back