Introduce yourself!

Good day, all. In the spirit of introductions, I have played guitar since around 1984, when no one else in my group of friends who wanted to start a band wanted to play it. I was reluctant to say the least - I just wanted to be the singer. But I took on the challenge and challenge it was. Fortunately, the first few bands were punk bands and not being overly fluent in musicianship was looked on favorably. My first time on stage was the iconic CBGB's in NYC. What a time. Over the years I've been in all sorts of musical projects spanning quite a few genres - always all original bands - writing my own songs. (No one can tell you that you're playing them wrong, lol). I am a big fan of guitar instrumentals and my latest project consists of 12. During that process I fell in love with a PRS SE Standard 24 - translucent blue. At around $400 and after a proper set up, it has served me well. A wicked tone and such effortless playability. I also own an Ibanez Artist - hollow body which has taken the majority of my abuse over the years. I have never spent more than $700 on any guitar ever - never needed to. Until this year...a story for another day. :)

Good day, all. In the spirit of introductions, I have played guitar since around 1984, when no one else in my group of friends who wanted to start a band wanted to play it. I was reluctant to say the least - I just wanted to be the singer. But I took on the challenge and challenge it was. Fortunately, the first few bands were punk bands and not being overly fluent in musicianship was looked on favorably. My first time on stage was the iconic CBGB's in NYC. What a time. Over the years I've been in all sorts of musical projects spanning quite a few genres - always all original bands - writing my own songs. (No one can tell you that you're playing them wrong, lol). I am a big fan of guitar instrumentals and my latest project consists of 12. During that process I fell in love with a PRS SE Standard 24 - translucent blue. At around $400 and after a proper set up, it has served me well. A wicked tone and such effortless playability. I also own an Ibanez Artist - hollow body which has taken the majority of my abuse over the years. I have never spent more than $700 on any guitar ever - never needed to. Until this year...a story for another day. :)
Hi Daedalus! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for starting out with an avatar and I’m looking forward to to “another day” to hear your story!:p:D

What do the extra toggle switches engage?

Series/Single/Parallel. It’s got some nice tones hidden in all those knobs and switches ;) …as well as the aforementioned Warp Drive and Borg repellent features. I’m questioning the Anti-Borg technology though. On several occasions while playing this guitar, I have entered into a group mind situation. I’ve come back out of it each time, but always yearning to get back there. I fear the assimilation may already be taking hold.

But yeah, welcome! Resistance is futile…

I’ve finally been bitten by the PRS bug. I owned an S2 Mira for a couple years when they first came out, but I foolishly sold it. It was a fantastic guitar.

I’ve probably got the same story as thousands of others who have become members here - my heroes played Gibsons and Fenders and I wanted to have similar instruments in my hands. I’ve recently come to the realization that I want to play guitars that “fit me” and allow me to play however I want. For me, the McCarty line fits the bill for about 70% of what I like to play.

I just purchased an S2 McCarty 594 Thinline and I can already see an older Core McCarty in my future. I’m looking forward to exploring the PRS line and further advancing my playing!

aYuWwiF.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve finally been bitten by the PRS bug. I owned an S2 Mira for a couple years when they first came out, but I foolishly sold it. It was a fantastic guitar.

I’ve probably got the same story as thousands of others who have become members here - my heroes played Gibsons and Fenders and I wanted to have similar instruments in my hands. I’ve recently come to the realization that I want to play guitars that “fit me” and allow me to play however I want. For me, the McCarty line fits the bill for about 70% of what I like to play.

I just purchased an S2 McCarty 594 Thinline and I can already see an older Core McCarty in my future. I’m looking forward to exploring the PRS line and further advancing my playing!

tC2Jegf.jpg
Welcome Family Man!
Clean looking 594. That pic would look great as an avatar.;)

Hi All! Thought I'd just say "Hello" and introduce myself. I'm a luthier and tech on Columbia, SC, and recently had a friend bring three different PRS guitars through my shop for some attention. Believe it or not--in all of these years of playing and working on guitars, I'd never had a PRS of any kind in my hands--and so these three seem to have led me on a quest to get one of my own, which I feel like will be happening pretty soon. Anyhow, I've enjoyed getting to know more about the various guitar models, Paul, and the company's approach to making instruments. Good to be here, and thank you!

-Greg
Welcome to the party!

Hi folks! First time here at the forum. I purchased a 2004 Santana SE around 10 years ago, and haven't done much with it until recently. I've now completed a fairly long list of mods and am pretty happy with the result:

- Pre-wired electronics from Emerson Electric (beautiful soldering and wire routing on this)
- Mann Made stoptail bridge with metric studs
- Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom bridge
- Seymour Duncan triple shot mounting rings (these are really fun to play with)
- Grover locking tuners
- And cosmetically, PRS amber lampshade knobs and cream switch tip

Hi folks! First time here at the forum. I purchased a 2004 Santana SE around 10 years ago, and haven't done much with it until recently. I've now completed a fairly long list of mods and am pretty happy with the result:

- Pre-wired electronics from Emerson Electric (beautiful soldering and wire routing on this)
- Grover locking tuners
Welcome trinneer!
Cool mods. Looking forward to seeing it.
Stick a pic into your avatar and you’ll be good to go!:)

Here's a pic... Also, I picked up a Spark 40 from Positive Grid (the zippy pearl color). Awesome practice amp.

PXL_20220228_203846947.jpg
Welcome aboard my dude!
Nice set up :) I have a spark too. It’s great for practice… but I find myself trying to find tones I can tolerate with it more than actually practicing more often than not. So instead…. I more often play without it. I’ll be Archon + 2 X 12 soon enough.

Keep rockin!

Hi All! Thought I'd just say "Hello" and introduce myself. I'm a luthier and tech on Columbia, SC, and recently had a friend bring three different PRS guitars through my shop for some attention. Believe it or not--in all of these years of playing and working on guitars, I'd never had a PRS of any kind in my hands--and so these three seem to have led me on a quest to get one of my own, which I feel like will be happening pretty soon. Anyhow, I've enjoyed getting to know more about the various guitar models, Paul, and the company's approach to making instruments. Good to be here, and thank you!

-Greg

Hi, all. Hacky (at best) player from L.A. here to join in the PRS-oriented fun. Thanks for having me!

- Grover locking tuners
Welcome all! The more the merrier!! If anyone has some music to share, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Back