Introduce yourself!

New to this forum. I've been an acoustic player for over 40 years playing KY thumbpicking styles and acoustic blues: Merle Travis and Gary Davis. I've also been an old time banjo player. I got into western swing about 6 months ago and thought a Zach Meyers PRS might work for the style after setup so I have one one the way.

New to this forum. I've been an acoustic player for over 40 years playing KY thumbpicking styles and acoustic blues: Merle Travis and Gary Davis. I've also been an old time banjo player. I got into western swing about 6 months ago and thought a Zach Meyers PRS might work for the style after setup so I have one one the way.
Welcome Joseph!
Although I’m not much of an acoustic guy, I’m sure someone here will be able to help you out with your string questions.
Looking forward to seeing your ZM when it arrives. Make sure you take a lot of pics and post them up! Save a good one for your a avatar, too.;):)

Welcome Joseph! Glad you have entered the addiction zone of the PRS world!! I assume you are talking about string gauges for you new ZM, and I have never played one so can not really comment. I am currently running 10's on my CU24's and recently put 8's on my HBII (liking them, previously had 9's on it)! If you have any musical works you would like to share, I would love to hear it!! You can post such items in the Studio & Stage section!!!

back in the PRS family. Started playing PRS back in 1990. Just got back into PRS. I just bought the 2005 Custom 24 Artist in tortoiseshell in my profile pic. She is a monster!

Welcome to the madhouse! Can’t wait to see your new fiddle :)

back in the PRS family. Started playing PRS back in 1990. Just got back into PRS. I just bought the 2005 Custom 24 Artist in tortoiseshell in my profile pic. She is a monster!
Welcome back dude! Congrats on the purchase!! Great choice!

New member and NGD.
Not played for several years, used to play a Les Paul, blues/rock, Peter Green, early Clapton etc.
Just got back into playing (lol, need to get my fingers working again!).
Rather than buying an uber expensive Gibson Custom Shop, I thought I would give PRS a go and bought a Core McCarty 594

Got myself some Waza Air headphones for home practice. very impressed with them.

New member and NGD.
Not played for several years, used to play a Les Paul, blues/rock, Peter Green, early Clapton etc.
Rather than buying an uber expensive Gibson Custom Shop, I thought I would give PRS a go and bought a Core McCarty 594

Got myself some Waza Air headphones for home practice. very impressed with them.

Welcome back, Dave-b!
Damn fine choice of a comeback instrument.:D:p

New member and NGD.

Welcome to the forum Dave-b! Great choice on your PRS, she's a beauty!! For the pix, there are quite a few posts on the topic of what you need to do to post them here and this one has links to the ones I am aware of - https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ . If you continue to have problems feel free to reach out to me via PM and I will assist ;~)) One of the sticklers is, the remote site where it is hosted MUST allow the URL to end in .jpg (or .gif, or .png, etc.). It must end with image extension, so I have yet to figure out how to get google images to work, which is where you posted from. Hopefully the material at that thread above will help you get up to speed on that here at this forum!

New to this forum, but not to PRS. I have a 2001 Turquoise Custom 24 with McCarty Electronics. I loved the Custom so much it took me 20 years before purchasing a Holcomb 7-string.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Silver Sky which I returned. The guitar was just not right for me. I ended up with an S2 Semi-Hollow Vela which I absolutely love! (50th Birthday Present to myself)

I purchased a Fractal Audio FM3 last year and my creativity has exploded. I am writing and recording more than I have in 20 years when I met my wife.

I started playing guitar in 1988. Bass in 1994 I believe. I have been writing, recording, mixing, mastering ever since. I also play keys, drums, and sing. I have written around 30 to 40 songs. Happy to be here and would have been here sooner if I knew these forums existed.

Apologies for the long winded post. :)

New to this forum, but not to PRS. I have a 2001 Turquoise Custom 24 with McCarty Electronics. I loved the Custom so much it took me 20 years before purchasing a Holcomb 7-string.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Silver Sky which I returned. The guitar was just not right for me. I ended up with an S2 Semi-Hollow Vela which I absolutely love! (50th Birthday Present to myself)

I purchased a Fractal Audio FM3 last year and my creativity has exploded. I am writing and recording more than I have in 20 years when I met my wife.

I started playing guitar in 1988. Bass in 1994 I believe. I have been writing, recording, mixing, mastering ever since. I also play keys, drums, and sing. I have written around 30 to 40 songs. Happy to be here and would have been here sooner if I knew these forums existed.

Welcome Mesabassman!
Glad you found us.
Don’t forget to get yourself an avatar.;)

Glad you have found your way home Mesabassman! If you would like to share any of your musical creations, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!! My Axe FXIII was just acquired in Dec '21, and I too have been overwhelmed with creativity and hours of fun!!! Check out the fractal forum if you are not there already!!!!

Back