That is lovely! Congrats!

Sweet top!
Great figuring on the top and back, that's a might fine acquisition
enjoy it in good health.
Lookin real good! Enjoy!
Outstanding.

Your colour and everything.
Enjoy.
Beautiful! Fantastic addition to your family... congrats!
Congrats looks like you found your grail. Made up for you Enjoy.!!!

Thank you all - it will be a great addition to the growing family and really looking forward feeling the new nitro and hearing what the TCI process brings to the fantastic 58/15 LT pups...

So I may of just bought a New Guitar... :D:D

I love my 2016 594 and my 2018 Hollowbody ii with Piezo so I thought what if I had a guitar that was a mix of both of these. I also don't have a guitar with the new 2020 specs - Nitro and pickups with the new TCI process applied but also wasn't keen on the idea of Vintage tuners - not because of any tuning stability concerns but partly the aesthetics (the open back looks really smart) and mostly the (slightly) more hassle in changing strings. There is a SMALL window where McCarty models have the Nitro finish and Pickups with the TCI process applied but also come with the Phase III locking tuners. As this window is small, at least unless PRS revert back to Phase III's, after seeing a 594 HBii with the tuners I want, I thought I had better buy before it gets sold and before the only option is vintage tuners, I had to buy now.

That there's Collector Talk! :D I'm thinking exactly the same way you are, I think the sweet spot is Phase III's and TCI pickups so I congratulate anyone who can hit that window.

(I won't try, since I have all the guitars that space allows and am far too lazy and unmotivated to sell one (or more) to make more space.(

That there's Collector Talk! :D I'm thinking exactly the same way you are, I think the sweet spot is Phase III's and TCI pickups so I congratulate anyone who can hit that window.

(I won't try, since I have all the guitars that space allows and am far too lazy and unmotivated to sell one (or more) to make more space.(

I think its 'Player' talk who doesn't have a guitar tech - wanting the practicalities of Locking tuners!! OK I prefer the aesthetics and the metal buttons and I hear that the Vintage tuners can be replaced by the Phase III's with no need to modify the headstock so I could of bought a later version and replaced the vintage tuners myself - or could put Vintage tuners on in the future...

If I didn't find one that appealed to me in the right window, I would still of bought - but the fact I saw this one, with the Phase III's in the right colour with a great top just meant that any resistance I had to purchasing at the moment was broken...

I am short on space too but I will find room for the right instrument(s) LOL

Congrats! What a beautiful deep, dark and rich red. Love it!
Fantastic! Congrats
I’m gonna need to remain seated for a few minutes...

Thank you :)

Wow, awesome! Congrats!!

Those 594 Hollowbodies are awesome. I wish they made one in a Singlecut version!

I fell in love with the look of them the moment I saw one and wanted one ever since. I have a 2016 594 and a 2018 Hollowbody ii so I don't know how much this really adds to my collection as a tool so my head was telling me I ought to look at a different model - I was looking at a Cu24 Floyd as I don't have a Floyd or anything with 'hotter' pickups but my heart wanted this.

I quite like the SC 594 and Hollowbody would be nice but I like the PRS shape more- especially in a Hollowbody. I would consider a Solid SC 594 with the new 58/15 LT+ pups. I wonder if there will be a special limited edition run of SC 594 Hollowbodies? If they do, I bet you will be first in the queue LOL

I fell in love with the look of them the moment I saw one and wanted one ever since. I have a 2016 594 and a 2018 Hollowbody ii so I don't know how much this really adds to my collection as a tool so my head was telling me I ought to look at a different model - I was looking at a Cu24 Floyd as I don't have a Floyd or anything with 'hotter' pickups but my heart wanted this.

I quite like the SC 594 and Hollowbody would be nice but I like the PRS shape more- especially in a Hollowbody. I would consider a Solid SC 594 with the new 58/15 LT+ pups. I wonder if there will be a special limited edition run of SC 594 Hollowbodies? If they do, I bet you will be first in the queue LOL

Good idea, I should conspire to get a dealer to do a Wood Library Run of SC 594 Hollowbody II's!! :)

With regards to the Solidbody SC 594s with the new 58/15 LT+ pickups - they are amazing, as you have seen me rant and rave about them. I have 3 of them, and I am up for more when PRS gets the machine going again... ;)

Good idea, I should conspire to get a dealer to do a Wood Library Run of SC 594 Hollowbody II's!! :)

With regards to the Solidbody SC 594s with the new 58/15 LT+ pickups - they are amazing, as you have seen me rant and rave about them. I have 3 of them, and I am up for more when PRS gets the machine going again... ;)

Between you and that Tim Pierce/Howard Leese video, I have been considering the Single Cut - if there any left if you keep buying them LOL

Congrats! Looks great in that color. Curious how it sounds versus your HBII.

Congrats! Looks great in that color. Curious how it sounds versus your HBII.

Thank you - I will let you know.

I am not expecting a great deal of difference as they both have the 58/15 LT pups in them and both hollowbody's too. The bridge and scale length are different - as will be the string gauge and of course - the new 594 has the TCI process applied and Nitro finish too. The one advantage the 594 has is the split pick-ups so have more tonal options - as well as the different blending options the individual tone and volume pots allow.

If there is much of a difference though, I think it will be difficult to ascertain exactly why. It could just be the strings. One thing I am sure of though, both will sound great...

Damn!! That’s one classy looking guitar!! Huuuuge congrats! I’m looking forward to your tone analysis and write up. Enjoy!!

Back