Mozzi

https://imgur.com/user/BAMozzy/posts
So I may of just bought a New Guitar... :D:D

I love my 2016 594 and my 2018 Hollowbody ii with Piezo so I thought what if I had a guitar that was a mix of both of these. I also don't have a guitar with the new 2020 specs - Nitro and pickups with the new TCI process applied but also wasn't keen on the idea of Vintage tuners - not because of any tuning stability concerns but partly the aesthetics (the open back looks really smart) and mostly the (slightly) more hassle in changing strings. There is a SMALL window where McCarty models have the Nitro finish and Pickups with the TCI process applied but also come with the Phase III locking tuners. As this window is small, at least unless PRS revert back to Phase III's, after seeing a 594 HBii with the tuners I want, I thought I had better buy before it gets sold and before the only option is vintage tuners, I had to buy now.

These are the shops own photos...

cqHRFgc.jpg

w4FlaEY.jpg

ESAMPvu.jpg

qX8FWNj.jpg

zNoeNLs.jpg

0ENrxLU.jpg

Absolutely NO surprise to anyone that it is Fire Red Burst!! Love the grain pattern of the Maple and that headstock veneer looks great too - even the fretboard looks to have some streaks to it. O much prefer the metal tuning pegs too - it maybe a bit more 'modern' looking than the Vintage pegs but I don't see that as a problem with a PRS - even if it offers a vintage vibe tonally.

Its not due to arrive until next week - with the weekend and bank holiday Monday coming up. The retailer was an absolute pleasure to talk to - Wildwire Guitars (UK) and really looking forward to adding this to my 'growing' collection...

Last edited:
Outstanding!!! Gorgeous color! My next PRS will likely be a silver sky and a 594 hollow-body II like that. Wowza.

Can't wait for one of your excellent reviews.

Simply gorgeous, congrats on a stunner!

Thank you - I couldn't resist...

That is a smokin' hot guitar!

Thanks - Certainly one of the best I have seen - and not a 10top either...

Outstanding!!! Gorgeous color! My next PRS will likely be a silver sky and a 594 hollow-body II like that. Wowza.

Can't wait for one of your excellent reviews.

And thank you too - Two great guitars you have lined up for your next purchases - both classics in terms of vibe. I will try an not let you down with a review when I have spent some time with it...

Killer! Shocked at the color choice! :p

Thanks - I know, its so unlike me to go for that colour choice.... :D

One of those examples of greatness without being a 10 top!

Indeed - not one of my guitars are a 10-top but I think a LOT of the Flame non-10tops look better, have more 'character' because they are less even striped and more 'organic'. That is my opinion and some may prefer their 10tops over any of mine - which maybe why they paid the extra for it...

Beautiful. That color is rich.

Thank you - I do like the Fire Red Burst - I think the dark Red is much richer than the Scarlet they used - I also liked Black Cherry which this seems to have replaced...

That is beautiful. Great choice.

Thank you - I feel I had no choice but to buy LOL

Great figuring on the top and back, that's a might fine acquisition
enjoy it in good health.

Back