I despise FEDEX.

I bought my last PRS used on Reverb. It was sold by an Italian shop in Bari. They used SDA express as delivery company. This company doesn't exist in France, so the tracking number was useless. I had to investigate directly with the SDA company. Of course the Italian shop was not speak French or English. Same think for the delivery help desk... So I had half dozen of useless call, and it's ends with 2 dozen of messages / emails with Google translation in Italian.

Finally I have been able to pick up the guitar at FedEx warehouse. In fact in this story FedEx has been the most easy part of the delivery.

12 days of Italian unknowing and 1 day of FedEx visibility. The moral of this story, delay is not cool, not knowing is worse...

Speaking of ups they keep delivering expensive orders to my neighbors... Just because I am working during the day...

Hopefully I am in good terms with them, but it still brothers me that that don't use parcel relay. There are delivery insurance that your neighbors don't know about.

FedEx ground getting slammed this morning on National TV news. Amazon blocking FedEx for poor delivery performance.

Was on CNN yesterday...

This is really bad press but I expect Fedex to put out some sort of statement. I don’t get the impression that the two companies dig each other.

And Amazon may seemingly prefer to use its own delivery service and axe the non-Amazon sellers.

Don't wish to diminish the importance of good service...

Lately, it's been somewhat of a "mixed bag" regards FedEx delivery times locally...inclement weather causing delays, hazardous travel conditions, glutted orders in the system...

It's important to realize that with CyberMonday and recent orders online, FedEx and other carriers are working as best they can to delivery folk's packages...it is the holidays, you must realize...and patience might be helpful...

I know 11top can't wait...and in reality he'd likely wish to be sitting on a sandy beach somewhere taking in the sunshine...I think you get my drift...

(I know, will get slammed on this, but trying to see both @11top's issue and FedEx's side of the the story as well...)

Yeah it is the holidays but that is a slim excuse to not take the months to prepare, bring on staff to handle the surge in volume, and elevate standards so the drive by deliveries and other mishandling of delivery situations don’t happen. Why is a shocker to them that they are going to be buried for November into December each year?

The term ‘service industry’ is seemingly inappropriate these days and I am not sure if it is a generational thing or poor management industry wide. Not many companies left that seem to give a sh!t about the customer/consumer.

Yeah it is the holidays but that is a slim excuse to not take the months to prepare, bring on staff to handle the surge in volume, and elevate standards so the drive by deliveries and other mishandling of delivery situations don’t happen. Why is a shocker to them that they are going to be buried for November into December each year?

The term ‘service industry’ is seemingly inappropriate these days and I am not sure if it is a generational thing or poor management industry wide. Not many companies left that seem to give a sh!t about the customer/consumer.

You're correct, FedEx may have not been entirely prepared for the holiday season this year. During the holiday season, many retailers also experience an extremely busy season, with long wait lines. What happens in one of one of their sales registers shuts down and can't be rebooted? You make do with what you already have, and thank the customers for their patience while you work through the busier times.

In reality, we know it's both a waste of your time and money if you don't save time and money. Only way we can make customers happy is to put a smile on their faces when they do save money. Occasionally, we experience a few "choppy patches" like we did yesterday at work. Other than that, things went smoothly despite the longer wait times.

With more people buying online, it's expected that there will be increased transit times simply because of the increasing number of items moving through FedEx's transit system.

Think of it as a bottleneck: you can't pour more liquid into a bottle than the neck will allow, otherwise there's overflow. FedEx can handle only as much volume as their system will allow, that increases transit times.

@11top is experiencing "expectant new father" anxiety. After FedEx squirts out the baby, @11top can relax, celebrate, and be thankful.

Also, I hope that what with recent inclement weather, FedEx will deliver @11top's package today, albeit belated.

Last edited:
I just had my 1st bad experience with FedEx this week, and it is PRS related.
I sent my CE22 to the PTC for a fret leveling and setup. FWIW- the cost was actually only marginally more than my usual guy charges. Plus I didn't have to make the hour and a half round trip to get to him. PTC shipped my guitar last Friday afternoon. The FedEx tracking number said it would be delivered 12/8 (Sunday) between 10:30 and 12:30, didn't happen. I didn't receive an update until 9PM Sunday night, in which they stated it would be delivered on Tuesday. I work during the day and wouldn't be home to accept the package, so I put in a request on the FedEx website to have it held at my local Walgreen's. Well, Tuesday came and went and nothing, just a "Rescheduled Delivery" notice for Wednesday. That didn't happen either as the site stated a new label had to be attached. Thursday and Friday were all the same crap, never arriving anywhere, just saying "In Transit/Delivery pending. At this point (this afternoon) I'm piss3d, while at work this afternoon I receive a call from the kid that a package came for me today. I thought it was just some part for the kids car I had ordered. I get home thinking I was going to read FedEx the riot act, and much perplexed I see a guitar box from PRS in the Kitchen. Never received an update, and they didn't deliver where I'd requested. I'm relived that it arrived (5 days late), but the lack of followthrough from FedEx is just unacceptable. I only ship FedEx if a customer requests, as I believe they have some serious logistical issues.
Update: Just received an e-mail update from FedEx at 1:37PM (Today), that my guitar was delivered on 12/12. Are you freaking kidding me!?!?!

4th day of "Scheduled delivery." As in FOUR. It's 4:31 and we close at 5. NADA

What was FedEx's side again?

Ok, how about this....do you know somewhere the driver stops everyday that is in somewhat close proximity? Preferably earlier in the day. Once I was waiting for a Custom 30 to be delivered. It was shipped Next Day, and was supposed to be here by 10:00 AM. At 1:00 it still wasn't here, and I had to be out of the house, and on the road by 2:00. I know the UPS route that I am on includes the mall, so I went there looking for his truck. Found it. Waited 20 minutes for him to come out, and had him give me the amp. Turns out whoever loaded the truck buried it, so he couldn't find it when he was supposed to make the Next Day delivery. Of course, I watched him roll it end over end from the front of his truck to the back :eek::mad:.

Anyway, just a thought. Stalker appoved.

Ok, how about this....do you know somewhere the driver stops everyday that is in somewhat close proximity? Preferably earlier in the day. Once I was waiting for a Custom 30 to be delivered. It was shipped Next Day, and was supposed to be here by 10:00 AM. At 1:00 it still wasn't here, and I had to be out of the house, and on the road by 2:00. I know the UPS route that I am on includes the mall, so I went there looking for his truck. Found it. Waited 20 minutes for him to come out, and had him give me the amp. Turns out whoever loaded the truck buried it, so he couldn't find it when he was supposed to make the Next Day delivery. Of course, I watched him roll it end over end from the front of his truck to the back :eek::mad:.

Anyway, just a thought. Stalker appoved.

I know the UPS stops, but not FedEx’s. And they won’t tell me a regular stop so I can arrange pickup. Honestly, I don’t think they know where it is; I’m betting lost or stolen. The good news is it’s a pretty generic guitar that can be replaced pretty easily. I’d be a lot more upset over a cool one-off PS. So, I am making a mountain out of a molehill. :oops:

F soup. Chocolate comforts me. :oops:

I'm sorry. I used to be a wine/chocolate fan, then realized the combination of alcohol, caffeine and sugar made for a wide awake buzz. Just curious, what kind/brand chocolate?

P.S. the guitar will eventually make its way to you. Gotta have faith and just be patient. Things like this happen a lot.

Sheesh, I sound like my own mother...

Last edited:
F soup?!!???
French soup?
Frog soup?

F troop?

Not sure, was watching something last night about Switzerland and this chef made bird's nest soup. The cold/flu season is something folks are trying to avoid, and chicken soup was the answer for me. Some folks said it was they thought I was coughing up hairballs. Nope. Am not sick. Trying to nourish and stay healthy.

Back