I despise FEDEX.

Not sure, was watching something last night about Switzerland and this chef made bird's nest soup. The cold/flu season is something folks are trying to avoid, and chicken soup was the answer for me. Some folks said it was they thought I was coughing up hairballs. Nope. Am not sick. Trying to nourish and stay healthy.

My wife only buys the kind with no sodium. :(

I've a recipe that uses no-sodium Herbox chicken granules with no added salt. Flavor comes from other seasonings. It's pretty tasty. Will PM the recipe to you, if you'll accept it...

PM sent!

Last edited:
So the wrong kind.

Many of us have health issues that preclude sodium, myself included. Steve received a decent no-sodium recipe last night. I'd be more than happy to provide anyone who might need a healthy, but flavorful chicken soup recipe via PM they could use or tweak to their tastes as necessary.

It's ok once I add the shaker to it. :oops:

Seriously, do you think God made all the bad stuff taste great as a joke?

Um, He gave us 5 senses so we could enjoy life. Not everyone wears a chef's hat. And I know folks who can't cook to save their life. Like some, I just wear the "uniform" so people appreciate good cooking. (Don't read too much into this. I'm not a doctor nor pretend to be. Just a guy who knows a thing or 2 about creating healthy meals.) Not your father's cooking, just a single, never-married clean-living guy who likes to cook.

It's ok once I add the shaker to it. :oops:

Seriously, do you think God made all the bad stuff taste great as a joke?

I know, right? When I was told I was diabetic, doc said I had to cut down on "everything white". Doesn't leave much. My wife yells at me for the salt I get at Chick-Fil-A, but when they had shakers on the table, I was worse. Besides, if I stopped using salt, what would happen to all that blood pressure medication?

Um, He gave us 5 senses so we could enjoy life. Not everyone wears a chef's hat. And I know folks who can't cook to save their life. Like some, I just wear the "uniform" so people appreciate good cooking. (Don't read too much into this. I'm not a doctor nor pretend to be. Just a guy who knows a thing or 2 about creating healthy meals.) Not your father's cooking, just a single, never-married clean-living guy who likes to cook.

You understand I was referring to my wife's soup, and not yours, right? I'm looking forward to trying your recipe.

But...............I may add some salt to my bowl. :oops:

You understand I was referring to my wife's soup, and not yours, right? I'm looking forward to trying your recipe.

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. A little No-Salt (your grocers will have it) subs for iodized salt and tastes the same, and is heart-healthier than regular table salt.

One thing I might ask is, don't go out onto your walkway and try to dig up some of the stuff you've put out for icy spots. (That would be silly, and poisonous, wouldn't it?)

I do. But I don't make soup. And my wife yells at me when I add salt to her soup because she uses my dad's tomato juice and she thinks it's already on the verge of being too salty. My skills pretty much stop at burgers, chili (no beans so I'll eat it), spaghetti sauce, toast...

As of this morning, FedEx has finally blown its cover. "Scheduled delivery: Pending"
That's after 4 days of assuring me "It's on the truck out for delivery."

I'm pretty sure "pending" is defined by FedEx as "You will never see this."
This is freakin' ridiculous. Started out as funny (kinda), then went way downhill way too fast.
What the actual...
Nuts...

You can dress 'em up, but...can't take 'em out. (Ask Serg's car dealership if they were able to clear off the 45 cars that had ice on them today)

...Just spent an hour + 15 helping my neighbors de-ice their cars and shovel out the parking spaces of ice. Got it done and am happier for it. My neighbor lamented the ice he had on the front of his car, but realized his taillights needed clearing as well....

I genuinely thought the guy was several weeks behind our normal discussion, but apparently the guy was working day to day. You wouldn't hardly know he was alive except for the usual aches and pains the guy says he has...

So let me tell you what my dealer, JD - Guitar Maverick, did for me. He didn't wait around for FedUp to acknowledge that it's lost. He sent me a text that a replacement is on its way to me tonight. If the first one miraculously shows up, send one back on his call tag.

And that FedEx is how you define service!

Last edited:
So let me tell you what my dealer, JD - Guitar Maverick, did for me. He didn't wait around for FedUp to acknowledge that it's lost. He sent me a text that a replacement is on its way to me tonight. If the first one miraculously shows up, send one back on his call tag.

That FedEx is how you define service!

Is he sending it by UPS?

That FedEx is how you define service!
Great news, and awesome that they had another one!

Is he sending it by UPS?

Great news, and awesome that they had another one!

He is indeed shipping it UPS. :):):)

And, he went out of his way to obtain another gold one so that he could get it to me promptly. And believe it or not, he did that without me throwing a fit or asking him to. That's just good service, and deserves a shout out for JD!

As of this morning, FedEx has finally blown its cover. "Scheduled delivery: Pending"
That's after 4 days of assuring me "It's on the truck out for delivery."

I'm pretty sure "pending" is defined by FedEx as "You will never see this."
This is exactly the same info I was given for 5 days. It kept stating “Scheduled for Delivery”, only to be updated every evening for the next day. I just loved how it was dropped off on 12/12 without the tracking site stating that it was out for delivery. Just “Bam” there it was. The delivery update I received on the 17th said it was via a third party. Obviously FedEx can’t handle their own shite.

Back