I despise FEDEX.

He is indeed shipping it UPS. :):):)

And, he went out of his way to obtain another gold one so that he could get it to me promptly. And believe it or not, he did that without me throwing a fit or asking him to. That's just good service, and deserves a shout out for JD!

Good on JD!

Me, I'd have been tempted to send you a fake FedEx number, just for a few minutes. This is why I'm not a success.

Steve that’s great news! JD is indeed the man.

I saw a FedEx truck today and wondered how you had got on. They should be hung out to dry!

Maybe @DreamTheaterRules will chime in. His wife is a Post Master. He can tell you all kinds of horror stories about what it is like to deliver for Amazon. I can see why FedEx wants nothing to do with Amazon
I don't even have a wife this time of year. :( She's about to kill herself just making sure that stories like this don't happen on her watch. You wouldn't believe the stress that Ama666on puts on them. Meanwhile, people order packages 3 weeks before Christmas and don't even want them yet, but if they don't get their in 2 days, the USPS does not get paid. At all. If it's not scanned "delivered" by the end of the second day from order, Ama666on doesn't pay the PO anything for that package. Even if it got to the post office at 2:30 that day because their truck was late, and the mail carrier is already 2/3 way done with her route. They don't care, and they take NO responsibility for their side.

No excuse for the clown show that 11T has been going through. But all of you saying "they should see this coming and staff up" don't really know the scale of what you're talking about. You can't scale a business around a 2-4 week period where your volume is over 10 times higher than normal. And in the case of Ama666on and the post office, it's not just the sheer volume, it's how poorly that volume is handled at some parts of the chain (as I mentioned above) and then all the strain getting put on the back end. But, I have friends and clients that work for UPS as well. They do bring in college kids as seasonal workers but they can only work in the plants/sort centers. My friend that is a driver for them makes so much overtime in December that it's crazy.

They all get stressed to the breaking point, volume wise, at this time of year. It only makes sense that no matter what their "normal" service level is, there are going to be more problems and screwups now than maybe even the other 11 months combined. And, as more and more people order Christmas gifts on line, it's only going to get worse.

I don't even have a wife this time of year. She's about to kill herself just making sure that stories like this don't happen on her watch. You wouldn't believe the stress that Ama666on puts on them. Meanwhile, people order packages 3 weeks before Christmas and don't even want them yet, but if they don't get their in 2 days, the USPS does not get paid. At all. If it's not scanned "delivered" by the end of the second day from order, Ama666on doesn't pay the PO anything for that package. Even if it got to the post office at 2:30 that day because their truck was late, and the mail carrier is already 2/3 way done with her route. They don't care, and they take NO responsibility for their side.

No excuse for the clown show that 11T has been going through. But all of you saying "they should see this coming and staff up" don't really know the scale of what you're talking about. You can't scale a business around a 2-4 week period where your volume is over 10 times higher than normal. And in the case of Ama666on and the post office, it's not just the sheer volume, it's how poorly that volume is handled at some parts of the chain (as I mentioned above) and then all the strain getting put on the back end. But, I have friends and clients that work for UPS as well. They do bring in college kids as seasonal workers but they can only work in the plants/sort centers. My friend that is a driver for them makes so much overtime in December that it's crazy.

They all get stressed to the breaking point, volume wise, at this time of year. It only makes sense that no matter what their "normal" service level is, there are going to be more problems and screwups now than maybe even the other 11 months combined. And, as more and more people order Christmas gifts on line, it's only going to get worse.

Your wife deserves credit for making sure the mess online orders create is cleaned up in time. Sometimes that can take a toll and compromise our health, or at least cause major complaints from impatient people.

I can only wish for your family, "smoother sailing" with fewer "choppy patches" once the Xmas rush and return season is over.

Only other thing I can think of is, if you've not made arrangements for the baby sitter for your holiday shin-dig...call 1-800-HOOT-NAN

Last edited:
I once got a UPS driver terminated for leaving a very valuable and fragile package in a mud puddle under my mailbox. The notification said he left it on the 'Front Porch" although I have a front screen porch, it is not accessible for deliveries as the doors are locked shut from the inside to keep the cats out. just for shist and googles I did check that porch for my package and found nothing. I then went to the back porch (normal entry into the house) and found nothing. I then walked the 200 yards down my side of the mountain, in the pouring rain, in the dark, to the mailbox. There on the side of the road, in a open plastic bag, in a mud puddle was my package. after trekking back up Everest (it felt like it anyway) to the house, I called the UPS office from where the package was last sent and left a rather heated message for the District Manager. He called me the next day apologized profusely multiple times, and admitted that the driver was a Temp, and was terminated as a result of my complaint as well as the complaints of others on his route.

But, to be honest my absolute worst delivery issues come from USPS when ever I order anything from California. it doesn't matter if its guitar parts or car parts. if they are coming from Cali, they get lost in transit only to be found at a Post Office 30 to 100 miles away from my own. Can never figure out why.

Best results I’ve had are with FedEx, with UPS barely edging USPS in the second and third option bracket. None are trouble free, but FedEx has been the most reliable here in southeast Texas.

Last edited:
Steve did you ever get your package?!?

Paul, It came today. One hour after JD was told by FedEx that they made a mistake and it wasn’t on the truck after all, and 8 days after my 1st “Out for delivery” notification. FedEx has clearly lost its way.

But at least my Silver Sky came. :)

I’d share a photo, but I’m too busy fighting Photobucket now. :rolleyes:

Paul, It came today. One hour after JD was told by FedEx that they made a mistake and it wasn’t on the truck after all, and 8 days after my 1st “Out for delivery” notification. FedEx has clearly lost its way.

But at least my Silver Sky came. :)

I’d share a photo, but I’m too busy fighting Photobucket now. :rolleyes:
If you are still fighting with it I'd be happy to host the pics temporarily for you.
Can't delay a NGD dude!:cool:

Back