I despise FEDEX.

I have everything delivered to my office, four blocks from the White House. UPS has been flawless for 22 years. Perfect record. FedEx, hit or miss. USPS an unmitigated disaster, but only on Saturday, when the regular carrier doesn’t do our route. I have never received a package on a Saturday, I have just gotten an online notice that, this week, no one was there to receive the mail that was never delivered. This is the 20th time this year this has happened. When I call the supervisor and complain, nothing ever changes.

I hope that’s short for Lizard Pants.

I am just happy to see you guys

Same here. Been sitting here w/ my cuppa tea most all day and looking intently at my green sign regards a free espresso. I don't drink espresso myself, but felt the need to let you folks know sometimes folks take an idea and run with it, hoping it will generate some interest.

Been watching a little of this unfold today. Thanks for the thought, though I'm not interested in trading things, so the sign remains. Kind of brings a smile to otherwise a blue day. Sometimes a kid can do that for you.

@WEDGE: Sometimes you can find your buddies in places other than where you might expect them to be.

I guess that traveling away from home tends to lead you back home again. Perhaps I'm personally cautious, but try to remember to be as truthful as I can while speaking quietly so I don't overpower the ones who have their mics turned up. That way, I can and speak see more clearly without distorting the truth.

You guys are awesome and need I say forgiving of an old fool's errors. It's entirely likely that we all are searching for what we can find to make our own. Hopefully, may your search pay off for your diligent work.

Fedex is utter trash in my area. Several years ago when I was a wee lad, I ordered a Peavey 6505+ combo and it arrived in about 10 pieces. Now I avoid Fedex as much as possible.

UPS is the best next to Amazon. Amazon will have stuff at my house before I even get an "Out for Delivery" notification.

Well I believe it was DHL that delivered my SE 245 and the box was spotless.

I sent a delicate parcel to USA by DHL recently and it arrived intact!

Edit: The guitar came via DPD.

T-minus 31 minutes. Just told by FedEx there is no "money back guarantee" for late arrival from December 2nd to the 24th. I wonder if UPS has that same limitation.

In the latest episode of As the World Turns...........

Now in the 3rd day of “scheduled delivery,” I’m informed by email this morning that my new guitar is finally “on the truck out for delivery.”

so I wait

and I wait

and I wait

and in late afternoon I call and ask where the truck will stop so I can intercept my package. “I’m sorry sir, we’re not allowed to tell you that.” WTF? UPS tells me all the time. :confused:

“Don’t worry, it will be delivered by 8pm.” That’s great.....we close at 5. But I waited until 6:30, but no show.

I called again. Now I’m told the driver attempted to deliver at 4:30 and we were closed. LIAR!!! :mad: He even left town before 6:30!

So, FedEx is now issuing a complaint against the driver. And not to worry, I’ll have it by 8pm tomorrow. :confused: We close at 5.

Tuesday morning edit: FedEx now says it was a big misunderstanding. Now they claim it was not delivered due to weather, and they didn’t attempt to deliver after all. However, in checking their Facebook page, there is one complaint after another where they falsely claimed to deliver, but no one was home. It’s almost comical. :(

Last edited:
Wow. I just saw an article on cnn today about Amazon no longer allowing orders to ship Fedex ground. Due to performance issues.

Ouch.

I still prefer their performance issues to UPS’ performance issues.

In the latest episode of As the World Turns...........

Now in the 3rd day of “scheduled delivery,” I’m informed by email this morning that my new guitar is finally “on the truck out for delivery.”

so I wait

and I wait

and I wait

and in late afternoon I call and ask where the truck will stop so I can intercept my package. “I’m sorry sir, we’re not allowed to tell you that.” WTF? UPS tells me all the time. :confused:

“Don’t worry, it will be delivered by 8pm.” That’s great.....we close at 5. But I waited until 6:30, but no show.

I called again. Now I’m told the driver attempted to deliver at 4:30 and we were closed. LIAR!!! :mad: He even left town before 6:30!

So, FedEx is now issuing a complaint against the driver. And not to worry, I’ll have it by 8pm tomorrow. :confused: We close at 5.
I did NOT want to like this... but for the lack of a sympathy button:mad:

Back