The Eyeball Test.

I'm sure the Wolverines winning the national championship helped a lot with humility also. :cool:

As my nephew once said when I suggested he show some humility in a job interview, "I'm great at being humble."

Eww...Say It Isn't So. Please Laz...Say It Isn't So! :(

You'd rather look at a guy in face paint and a creepy costume? I don't think so!

Last edited:
Speaking of life's little joys...

So yesterday, I got up at 4:30 AM, which is my usual bedtime fergodsakes, to go get the eyeball poked with a sharp stick.

Today I have the pleasure of returning for the post-surgical followup in a freakin'snowstorm.

That's right. A snowstorm. In hell!

"I need to move somewhere the doctors wake up later, and the weather is better."

"You're already dead and you're in hell. Maybe you should have thought of that when you did all those naughty things."

Last edited:
And maybe they would be if they were the biggest pop star in the world.

I read something today that said the NFL has seen a growth of over $331M because of Taylor Swift. She's getting young people to watch the games (even if it's not for the games), and some percentage of them will become football fans. This does nothing but help the NFL. I even heard someone say they should get rid of the Slime Cast thing they do and do a Taylor Cam version - show just her during the game. This person guessed it would kill the ratings and revenue the Slime Cast brings in.

And just about every sport and/or network does the celebrity highlight thing, and yes, it can be annoying. But as long as it benefits them, they'll keep doing it.

The real issue isn't that they show these people, it's that the game has moved on from our generations (yes, I'm making an assumption here). I've seen a lot of complaints about how players behave, and what it usually comes down to is "Why can't these people born in the 1990s/2000s behave like the ones born in the 1950s/60s/70s?"
Spot on!

Meanwhile back to the important stuff:

Today I had my post surgical checkup for the left eye, and follow up for the right one, and they were able to check visual acuity in both eyes.

Keep in mind that I wasn't a candidate for the"no glasses at all" lenses; I was only a candidate for the astigmatism correcting lenses.

Today's result was good. My vision is 20/25 only two weeks post-op on one eye and 1 day post-op on the other. The eye surgeon said he expects further improvement over the next few weeks because it takes a little bit of time for the eyes to settle down after the surgery.

This is pretty darn amazing. I probably won't need distance glasses, only reading glasses. Previously I had progressive lenses, computer glasses, and reading glasses, and my vision got so bad I didn't feel comfortable driving at night.

The surgery clearly went well, and springing for the astigmatism lenses was worth it.

Though I was kinda hoping the doc would say, "Laz, I'm prescribing another PRS. We checked with your health insurance company, and they said your insurance covers the cost as 'physical therapy'. ;)

Last edited:
Though I was kinda hoping the doc would say, "Laz, I'm prescribing another PRS. We checked with your health insurance company, and they said your insurance covers the cost as 'physical therapy'. ;)
That would make a great premise for a movie, an insurance company that approves just about anything you ask for, and even things you don't ask for but they know you want!

Back