Do I need a CE24?

wfwhite

Talk me off the ledge...

I own 3 CU24s but there is a CE24 that caught my eye.

Thoughts about how much different/same they in terms of tone and playability?

I like CEs (and Standards) more than Customs.

I think the maple neck of the CE and/or the bolts/neck joint cancel out certain mid range frequencies that I don’t find appealing in Customs.

I’m talking about the old CEs here, I have no experience or desire with or for the new versions.

No, You Don't Need It. Instead Do A Private Stock Build And Spare No Cost.

Now That You Have Pondered On That, Save Yourself Some Money And Time And Buy Two CE's!

Look How I Just Helped You Save Time And Money While Adding Two ( ;) ) Your Guitar Collection.

I'm A Helper! :)

No, You Don't Need It. Instead Do A Private Stock Build And Spare No Cost.

Now That You Have Pondered On That, Save Yourself Some Money And Time And Buy Two CE's!

Look How I Just Helped You Save Time And Money While Adding Two ( ;) ) Your Guitar Collection.

I'm A Helper! :)
Yea, you were one of the helpers on the Studio purchase too. :)

Here is a secret I found out after owning several CU24’s and CE’s, the SE CU24 is very similar to the CE24 in tone and feel due to the maple neck. And now you can even get an SE CE so there you go. I would still prefer and older core series CE from before they started with the import hardware and electronics though. Enjoy!

Here is a secret I found out after owning several CU24’s and CE’s, the SE CU24 is very similar to the CE24 in tone and feel due to the maple neck. And now you can even get an SE CE so there you go. I would still prefer and older core series CE from before they started with the import hardware and electronics though. Enjoy!
The old ones were great guitars and very underrated back then. My SAS is an 06 and basically the same as the CE but with an ash body. It is a fantastic guitar. I have had a few friends tell me that If I ever decide to sell it they would appreciate a call to have a crack at it before I sell it off to someone I don't know.

Back