Do I need a CE24?

This is a photo from the seller, just to tease you all. It is a custom color (Blue Black Burst). I personally like the subtlety of the wood grain.

d45xZat.jpg

Dig it! Big fan of the grain too.. does it have the black satin neck? Huge fan of that as well. Congrats!

The old ones were great guitars and very underrated back then. My SAS is an 06 and basically the same as the CE but with an ash body. It is a fantastic guitar. I have had a few friends tell me that If I ever decide to sell it they would appreciate a call to have a crack at it before I sell it off to someone I don't know.

I just purchased a new SAS SE, but I'm pretty sure my next PRS will be an older CE22 (as I don't think there are any 'newer' CE22s). I'm not a fan of 24 fret necks, so a CE24 is not really an option, but the new SAS SE fills a void that PRS has had for a while for us 22 fretters.

I just purchased a new SAS SE, but I'm pretty sure my next PRS will be an older CE22 (as I don't think there are any 'newer' CE22s). I'm not a fan of 24 fret necks, so a CE24 is not really an option, but the new SAS SE fills a void that PRS has had for a while for us 22 fretters.
The older CE22 guitars are great. I am with you on not really being a 24 fret guy. I have come across a few nice CE22 guitars on Reverb. I have been tempted to buy one even though it wouldn't really give me anything I don't already have in my other guitars. Who knows, the right guitar on the right day for the right price, it could happen. :)

Back