I despise FEDEX.

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Two days past delivery date, and every time I speak to a representative on the other side of the world (who I can hardly understand) they give me a different "guarantee" on delivery time. So now it will sit in a cold warehouse over the weekend. Look up "sucks" in the dictionary and a FedEx picture probably appears.

I understand it's a busy delivery time, but for f sakes, just give me an accurate tracking response! :mad: And by the way, this is far from the only time.

OK...........ranting over.................I feel a little better.

It’s UPS that can eat a bag of d**ks from me. I got into it with them last week over a car seat that they said they delivered to my home... in their defense, they did have photographic evidence of it being delivered to a different house.

I've had some packages as expensive as a core guitar left on the front porch. Signature was required. I knew I received the packages when I got the email notification that they had been delivered. I can only assume it was the driver's name, or the "name of the day" he was using that day in the signature spot.

UPS has definitely been better for me, too. FedEx can never even find our house, which always adds on a couple days to everything. Even the express drivers here are utter idgets.

My latest misadventure with FedEx went something like this:

FedEx, Friday 5pm: [in tracking] Your thing will be delivered on Monday. It requires a signature from you or one of your neighbors.

Me, Saturday 9:34am: [leaves for breakfast]
FedEx, Saturday 9:37am: [attempts to deliver thing, finds no one home, doesn't attempt to contact neighbors]
Me, Saturday 12:30pm: [discovers note] WTF, FedEx?
FedEx, Saturday 12:30pm: [on note] Your thing will be delivered on Tuesday.
Me, Saturday 12:45pm: [calls FedEx to attempt to speak to a human, fails, drives to local FedEx store]
Me Saturday 1pm: [at FedEx store] Can I pick it up somewhere?
FedEx, Saturday 1pm: No, and we don't deliver on Monday. Your thing will be delivered on Tuesday.
Me, Saturday 1pm: [facepalm]

FedEx, Monday 5am: [in email] Your thing will be delivered today.
Me, Monday 7:30am: WTF^2, FedEx? [puts out note with signature authorizing delivery]
FedEx, Monday 10:15am: [delivers thing]
Me, Monday 5:30pm: [finally gets thing]

tl;dr: FedEx Ground with "indirect signature" is dumb.

Worst case for me was about 18 years ago - ordered a guitar with 2 day air - they lost it and couldn’t track it. Shipper tried to no avail. Two weeks later the package was waiting outside my condo door. Eventually traded that in on a PRS so it all worked out well in the end!

It’s UPS that can eat a bag of d**ks from me. I got into it with them last week over a car seat that they said they delivered to my home... in their defense, they did have photographic evidence of it being delivered to a different house.

Me too. I've had really good experience with FedEx. Both shipping and receiving. UPS is a different story. Plus, I'm at the beginning of the FedEx route, which means delivery before 11:00 AM. I'm at the end of the UPS route, which means between 3 and 8, depending on how many deliveries has at the mall.

Me too. I've had really good experience with FedEx. Both shipping and receiving. UPS is a different story. Plus, I'm at the beginning of the FedEx route, which means delivery before 11:00 AM. I'm at the end of the UPS route, which means between 3 and 8, depending on how many deliveries has at the mall.

Which just means it’s regional I guess? FedEx are the superstars in our area, I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them.

UPS has straight up lied to my face on numerous occasions, and that includes their corporate office. Any time I buy gear from a private seller I message them and beg them to use anyone but UPS.

Two days past delivery date, and every time I speak to a representative on the other side of the world (who I can hardly understand) they give me a different "guarantee" on delivery time. So now it will sit in a cold warehouse over the weekend. Look up "sucks" in the dictionary and a FedEx picture probably appears.

I understand it's a busy delivery time, but for f sakes, just give me an accurate tracking response! :mad: And by the way, this is far from the only time.

OK...........ranting over.................I feel a little better.
I just had my 1st bad experience with FedEx this week, and it is PRS related.
I sent my CE22 to the PTC for a fret leveling and setup. FWIW- the cost was actually only marginally more than my usual guy charges. Plus I didn't have to make the hour and a half round trip to get to him. PTC shipped my guitar last Friday afternoon. The FedEx tracking number said it would be delivered 12/8 (Sunday) between 10:30 and 12:30, didn't happen. I didn't receive an update until 9PM Sunday night, in which they stated it would be delivered on Tuesday. I work during the day and wouldn't be home to accept the package, so I put in a request on the FedEx website to have it held at my local Walgreen's. Well, Tuesday came and went and nothing, just a "Rescheduled Delivery" notice for Wednesday. That didn't happen either as the site stated a new label had to be attached. Thursday and Friday were all the same crap, never arriving anywhere, just saying "In Transit/Delivery pending. At this point (this afternoon) I'm piss3d, while at work this afternoon I receive a call from the kid that a package came for me today. I thought it was just some part for the kids car I had ordered. I get home thinking I was going to read FedEx the riot act, and much perplexed I see a guitar box from PRS in the Kitchen. Never received an update, and they didn't deliver where I'd requested. I'm relived that it arrived (5 days late), but the lack of followthrough from FedEx is just unacceptable. I only ship FedEx if a customer requests, as I believe they have some serious logistical issues.

I’m here to give you guys moral support. I haven’t had a bad experience since DHL left a new Two-Rock and speaker cab in shipping cartons on my driveway, not my porch, not near my back door. Middle of a long driveway. In a snowstorm. Never rang the bell, I was home.

I noticed it when I opened the garage door to take the kids somewhere. There must have been 3 inches of snow sitting on top of the boxes.

Fortunately, it was so cold out that none of the snow melted. No harm done. But I was, shall we say, a bit...nonplussed. ;)

Ok, I'm sorry but this is a real sore point for me. I ordered a used desktop computer from Amazon a week or two ago. I need it for work that I do writing short stories and etc. I can't use my work laptop for this, plus having the desktop allowed me to set up a space in the house that was mine, just mine....all mine. Anyway, found what I wanted and ordered it and it was shipped. And I got the notice from Amazon that the kit had been delivered. Except that it had not. I checked the tracking info and then called Fedex. And got the multi various menu option bullsh1t for like minutes on end before I finally dug in and dug deeper and got a hold of an agent. Who I think was based in the farther reaches of Papua New Guinea. I have absolutely nothing against folks from Papua New Guinea. But what will they understand about a shipment from somewhere in the US to somewhere else in the US? I'm just saying. Anyway, after a longish conversation he announced that he would be contacting the driver based on the tracking number and get back to me the following day. He did not. The day after that a young gentleman from down the block knocked on my door and asked if my name was Mark. I said yeah, why? He said. I've got a package for you. I followed him to his home, met his absolutely stunningly beautiful wife who offered me tea, and got my desktop computer and got back to work. Did not hear a peep from FEDEX. As far as I am concerned they can go f*** themselves. End of.

Fedex F’ed me today too. Brand new LP was in state a half hour away at 1130pm last night. Delivered it a half hour in the other direction past the fedex store where it was supposed to go at 330am this morning. Stated delivery to local FedEx Kinkos location by end of day today. Wasn’t on the last truck when I swung by at 710pm. Not gonna wreck me but sucks when it is soooooooo close for almost twenty hours and I will maybe get it tomorrow.

They all screw up......A few years back, I bought a (used) one off Huber Archtop (similar in ways to a PRS Archtop). Shipped from Vegas to PNW.......USPS, guaranteed 2 day delivery, signature required. Five days later, no sightings anywhere. Called the local Post Office......45 minutes to get through. But they had no clue. Then it pops up as out for delivery. Cool.....I am here, near the front door. No way they can get all the way up the drive without me seeing them. WRONG! Oops, a pop up email saying it was delivered at the mail box AND confirming that no signature was obtained. S**t! It is a community box and unsecured.....I tear out the front door and almost trip over it leaning against the front porch.......A (near) $7k jazzbox left there 3 days before Christmas.

They confirmed they did not get the required signature. I suppose we could have filed a claim.......If we were that sort of folks.

FedEx is usually great hereabouts, but last year......A couple weeks before Christmas. Out for delivery.......WAITING.....Oops, a notice. It was delivered. No, it was NOT on the front porch. NOT on any of the other porches in the 'hood. Interminable wait on the phone for FedEx. They confirmed it was delivered....The right number, but a street 3 miles away. So I drive over......It is down a private drive posted with beware the dog and armed owner signs. What the hell......I will walk up with my hands raised (okay, not really). My $3800 guitar was leaning against the front door in near freezing conditions. No answer except for loud barking inside. Left a note in case a neighbor saw me taking something and called the sheriff.

They both worked out okay, but who needs the aggravation? Surely not the only reason, but I have NOT bought anything like that this season.

Back