I despise FEDEX.

This.

I love FedEx. They bring my stuff to the right house and they ring the doorbell. They even leave little tags to tell me they were there and where to find my stuff. I love them.

But UPS?

UPS sucks @ss.

And I’m not even talking about $5k guitars. UPS can’t even deliver my lil $5 whey protein from Amazon correctly. I had to email/call/email again just to try to find out where my small Amazon packages were. I’ve even begged Amazon to ship my stuff Fedex. It’s just ridiculous.

And I’m not even talking about $5k guitars. UPS can’t even deliver my lil $5 whey protein from Amazon correctly. I had to email/call/email again just to try to find out where my small Amazon packages were. I’ve even begged Amazon to ship my stuff Fedex. It’s just ridiculous.

I was in my local Fedex company store a few days ago...And I asked about Amazon...I was told it's been company policy for some time to refuse to deliver for Amazon.
(And I've got local Amazon delivery trucks driving up and down my street all the time...)

Maybe someone else knows differently?

In the past two weeks Fedex has lost three separate packages. One was shown as delivered to an address over 100 miles north of my home, they just simply lost one and the last one was delivered, and signed for, to an address over 300 miles from me, in another state.
I’m really not happy with Fedex.

You met a beautiful woman because FedEx screwed up delivery of a used computer and you’re complaining?

Priorities, man!

Now, if it had been a PRS...might be a closer call. ;)

Beat me to it - should have replied when I got home after dinner and date night!

As @django49 said, it’s all of them. Amazon has been shifting more and more to their own private delivery fleet. I’ve had one package delivered to a neighbor’s house - not a huge deal, because they send a picture w/the notification, so I knew where it was. But their delivery times have gotten erratic - two-day delivery means nothing anymore. Delivery dates mean nothing. I’ve gotten a notification that my package will be delivered tom’w, and it takes an extra two days. And that’s w/Prime - I can’t imagine what regular shipping is like.

They’re talking about robot drones delivering packages soon. Hmmmm...

One Day At The Robot Delivery Drone Software Design Department

“Team, the object is to come up with software for our robot systems that duplicates the customer’s experience and interaction with our human delivery experience. I’d like each group to report on their progress. Ed, would you like to start?”

“Thanks Don. The Customer Service Software Team, well, we’ve come up with some great ideas to make our customers feel right at home interacting with machines. For example, our customer will be able to choose from 63 different, unintelligible foreign accents for the robot service representative, regardless of location or the country they’re in. So if you’re in, say, Finland, you can choose a robot rep who speaks Finnish with an Alabama drawl, or a Farsi accent. You won’t understand half of what’s said.”

“That sounds promising, Ed. Tina, how’s the package handling software going?”

“Don, we had some challenges along the way, but I’m proud to say that our robots are now able to drop packages from great heights, spear them with forklifts, crush fragile packages under very heavy ones for long trips, scuff the labels so they’re incorrectly scanned, and get the boxes filthy, just like our human systems handlers.”

“That’s great, Tina. John, were you able to perfect the delivery robots? I know there were teething difficulties.”

“Don, we had to think outside the shipping box (heheh). We've programmed the robots to randomly mis-deliver about 12% of the packages, completely lose or destroy 4%, and forget to put 3% on the delivery drone at all. It took a lot of hard work to attain this kind of consistency, but I’m proud to say we’ve accomplished our mission.”

I personally witnessed UPS *kick* an $8k server off the back of the truck in New Jersey. On a pallet, strapped, all properly protected for the trip...unless the trip includes an American Tourister gorilla test. When we confronted the driver (we might have been a little belligerent) he only replied, “take it up with the union”. It took a year to get paid for the problem.

Conversely, our local UPS delivery guys is the most kind, conscientious person around. He’s delivered hundreds of packages to us over the past 10 years, knows us by name, and never complains when we order 100lbs of kitty litter or a 500lbs gun safe. He even wished me a happy holidays last night! Heck, I’ve considered giving him a holiday gift!:eek: FedEx is less personal, but never faltered like UPS. And DHL was the fastest, most reliable service before shifting their service model many years ago. Yeah, I know...I just jinxed my good luck by saying this out loud. :(

They’re talking about robot drones delivering packages soon. Hmmmm...

One Day At The Robot Delivery Drone Software Design Department

“Team, the object is to come up with software for our robot systems that duplicates the customer’s experience and interaction with our human delivery experience. I’d like each group to report on their progress. Ed, would you like to start?”

“Thanks Don. The Customer Service Software Team, well, we’ve come up with some great ideas to make our customers feel right at home interacting with machines. For example, our customer will be able to choose from 63 different, unintelligible foreign accents for the robot service representative, regardless of location or the country they’re in. So if you’re in, say, Finland, you can choose a robot rep who speaks Finnish with an Alabama drawl, or a Farsi accent. You won’t understand half of what’s said.”

“That sounds promising, Ed. Tina, how’s the package handling software going?”

“Don, we had some challenges along the way, but I’m proud to say that our robots are now able to drop packages from great heights, spear them with forklifts, crush fragile packages under very heavy ones for long trips, scuff the labels so they’re incorrectly scanned, and get the boxes filthy, just like our human systems handlers.”

“That’s great, Tina. John, were you able to perfect the delivery robots? I know there were teething difficulties.”

“Don, we had to think outside the shipping box (heheh). We've programmed the robots to randomly mis-deliver about 12% of the packages, completely lose or destroy 4%, and forget to put 3% on the delivery drone at all. It took a lot of hard work to attain this kind of consistency, but I’m proud to say we’ve accomplished our mission.”

I don’t mean to drone on! (snigger from the cheap seats).

Don’t forget Agnes and wee Davy who are responsible for programming automated messaging. Informing customers that their packages have been safely delivered to an address 3 miles away, or left in three inches of snow on a driveway!

Target sucessfully achieved team! Well done.

“Scheduled delivery-Thursday”

“Scheduled delivery-Friday”

last night:

....which translates into “we have no f’n idea where your package is.”

However, this morning it’s back to “Scheduled delivery-Monday,” which is odd since FedEx does not deliver to my town on Mondays. Maybe they are during Christmas. Who knows; they haven’t been straight with me yet. I’m convinced their customer service reps are trained to tell you whatever to get you off the phone.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fedex-employee-goes-tirade-trying-134946783.html

Apparently lots of people ripping the woman for ratting the guy out. I don't care about any of the language or even the attitude, but if that was an amp I was shipping to someone that I sold to - I'd be PISSED.
In general, I've not had horrible luck with any specific company. Both have left high dollar items out on my porch even though they were sig required. I've had worse luck with USPS and FedEx in terms of tracking and where a package is at a given time.

As for my experience. I've sold 9(!) guitars, 2 heads and 1 empty cabinet via Reverb over the past several years and shipped them all Fedex from my local company store. Never any problem with them being properly system tracked or delivered on time to the buyer. YMMV.

I was in my local Fedex company store a few days ago...And I asked about Amazon...I was told it's been company policy for some time to refuse to deliver for Amazon.
(And I've got local Amazon delivery trucks driving up and down my street all the time...)

Maybe @DreamTheaterRules will chime in. His wife is a Post Master. He can tell you all kinds of horror stories about what it is like to deliver for Amazon. I can see why FedEx wants nothing to do with Amazon

This makes sense... because whenever I’ve asked Amazon reps to ship my items via other avenues (while threatening to cancel my membership) that’s when Amazon suggests a conference call with UPS reps... and my issue magically gets resolved. They probably know that ‘other shipping options’ aren’t available.

So to pile on, UPS left a new iPhone delivery in my driveway this morning. Twenty five feet from my covered porch. And yeah it is raining in CT today. Box was soaked through as was the paper padding inside, and luckily the iPhone comes wrapped in plastic so the box and phone are unharmed. thankfully I noticed it and didn’t see it later tonight.

@11top:

I can empathize with you, but only on a small scale. Clearly, an expensive item sitting in transit is an issue, but most times it's weather or driving conditions that hamper regular transit times.

Regards delivery issues, USPS messed up my delivery once...(caveat: long read ahead) ...I'd been watching the daily transit via their tracking website, and the USPS site said that my item had been delivered, when in fact, it had not.

There was some intrigue that subsequently followed...it was necessary to ask several of my neighbors whether they had seen the deliveryman visit my door, or perhaps, a neighbor might have secretly squirreled away the delivery in case someone else might have taken it. The folks I most often speak with said they did not take the package for safekeeping.

However, my next door neighbor said he had a visitor from our landlord's management company and perhaps she had seen the package at my front door.

Luck would have it, an acquaintance had video footage of the general apartment complex, and from viewing her phone and downloaded video, we realized that the USPS guy guy had indeed pulled up behind my apartment, waited several minutes (apparently, gathering additional apartment deliveries), walking over to an adjacent building, and walking back to his truck. The footage then showed him walking up to a woman waiting outside the acquaintance's apartment several minutes later (almost in front of the camera) and handing her neighbor a package.

The deliveryman had not been anywhere near the front of my building, yet, the package on the website indicated delivery was made that afternoon about 1:52 PM. The footage showed the driver arriving at 1:48, and by 2:05 he was gone again. My next door neighbor's landlord visitor arrived at 2:10 PM. There had been no delivery made to my door during the time the driver had scanned the package and entered it into his system as delivered, but had not made delivery.

Well, didn't that beat all. Viewing of the video footage occurred about 9 PM at night and it was revealed that the Priority Mail package had not been delivered to my front door as was required by USPS package delivery request.

Next morning, the local USPS office received my call regarding the missing package, the errant delivery entry, and statement of the video footage proof that no delivery had been made to my address. The USPS clerk apologized and had said that they noticed my package had made its way back to the local USPS office, and that the package was now on the truck for delivery that morning.

All through this, I felt that I needed to take the bull by the horns and lead said bull to a greater understanding of "what happened dudes and dudettes?"

After finishing with my call, I checked outdoors in my newspaper mailbox, where USPS usually provides small package deliveries. Nope. *Sigh* A brisk walk over to the main community center and the mailboxes there....opened the little door...lo and behold.

Although the package was merely some plugs used for connecting effects cables, I felt relieved knowing that if you grease the wheels properly they will turn...I felt that it was out of character of me giving USPS a hard time, so cooler heads from both myself and the USPS clerk prevailed.

I really don't wish to put anyone in the doghouse for their ineptitude, but really, if you're gonna indicate my package is delivered when it's not, don't expect any one us to sit idly by on our hands while you say you're doing your job. If that were the case, you'd be paid for your work, and I'd be happy you did your job.

Last edited:
Back