Delphi, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone knew what I was talking about with the train metaphor. Everyone just doesn't play ball in their backyard, people like to go places fast. If you went one way on a moving object it wouldn't be the same as going the other way.
Yes it would! There's a very very, very slight difference, but its basically negligible. This is inexcusable ignorance. Relative motion is something you see every day in practice. I think the problem here is a numbers issue. You see high rates of speed and think that its too extreme for the laws of motion to work. My train could be going a million mph, and the same result would occur.
Airy's failure, yes he probably did believe in a globe earth rotating because everyone else did at that time. So there was no aether, so what. I proved it wasn't the telescope that was moving but the light from the stars moving. Don't you science bro?
That's nothing more than an assumption that he belived the Earth was rotating and in a heliocentric system because of his peers. Irrelevant regardless. You choosing to hand wave away the point of the experiment is grotesquely disingenuous. Its not ok and its not honest. I think deep down you know flat earth and moon landing hoaxes are bulS#!t. Just like Mark Sargent knows he's wrong (he might be out of FE by now, but point still stands), and Jeranisim knows, but he continues telling people crap because it makes him dough. You are lying to yourself and you are lying to me.

You've honestly displayed a pretty valiant effort and your patience is incredible. I've given up a long time ago. Social media has ruined the minds of those in the fat part of the distribution. Giving everyone an outlet to voice their opinion without the consequence of scrutiny and embarrassment is only good in theory as those with the lowest IQ's are always the most self-assured in their own convictions and opinions and thus have no problem shouting the loudest. Those with the ability to reason and deduce remain quietly unassured of themselves. Thus a massively disproportionate amount of bad opinions and misinformation get displayed and the large population of those who do not have the capability to properly reason or those on the fence fall into more extremist positions rather than being afforded the time and opportunity to digest a particular set of data/information as would occur organically prior to social media.

COVID also set us back massively as a lot of data and the communication of the data was absolutely botched by governments and scientists associated with those governments. Suddenly, those with healthy skepticism to COVID vaccine are now firmly planted in "anti-vax" territory and think every vaccine has a political agenda. As a passionate learner and scientist, it actually makes me incredibly sad.
Thanks. Hey, they keep setting them up, I'll keep whackin em down. It is sad, but again...we have gaps in our general knowledge and these internet charlatans from the alternative fact spheres of disinformation will gladly fill those gaps. Social media makes spreading this bunk so easy, and people fall for it all the time. People fall for the Nigerian prince scam, as dumb and done as it is, yet it still works.

You've honestly displayed a pretty valiant effort and your patience is incredible. I've given up a long time ago. Social media has ruined the minds of those in the fat part of the distribution. Giving everyone an outlet to voice their opinion without the consequence of scrutiny and embarrassment is only good in theory as those with the lowest IQ's are always the most self-assured in their own convictions and opinions and thus have no problem shouting the loudest. Those with the ability to reason and deduce remain quietly unassured of themselves. Thus a massively disproportionate amount of bad opinions and misinformation get displayed and the large population of those who do not have the capability to properly reason or those on the fence fall into more extremist positions rather than being afforded the time and opportunity to digest a particular set of data/information as would occur organically prior to social media.

COVID also set us back massively as a lot of data and the communication of the data was absolutely botched by governments and scientists associated with those governments. Suddenly, those with healthy skepticism to COVID vaccine are now firmly planted in "anti-vax" territory and think every vaccine has a political agenda. As a passionate learner and scientist, it actually makes me incredibly sad.
These scientists and news media people are being influenced by corporations like the kind that made the vaccines. If you don't agree with them they will drop your funding and your advertising. Don't be sad. Just join the New Intellectuals of the 21st Century. There's a lot of us and it's growing day by day.

Yes it would! There's a very very, very slight difference, but its basically negligible. This is inexcusable ignorance. Relative motion is something you see every day in practice. I think the problem here is a numbers issue. You see high rates of speed and think that its too extreme for the laws of motion to work. My train could be going a million mph, and the same result would occur.

That's nothing more than an assumption that he belived the Earth was rotating and in a heliocentric system because of his peers. Irrelevant regardless. You choosing to hand wave away the point of the experiment is grotesquely disingenuous. Its not ok and its not honest. I think deep down you know flat earth and moon landing hoaxes are bulS#!t. Just like Mark Sargent knows he's wrong (he might be out of FE by now, but point still stands), and Jeranisim knows, but he continues telling people crap because it makes him dough. You are lying to yourself and you are lying to me.
The people I listen to don't really like Sargent and Jeranism. It seems like they push a map that is easy to debunk. I don't push flat earth because it is very polarizing and hard to prove. I just believe the globe is a hoax. I don't know exactly what our realm is because I don't have all the tools to research it. There's just no reason for it to be a rotating ball in space. Doesn't even make sense. Space travel is easy to debunk. It just takes a couple days of research unless you're learning disabled. I'm not lying, I'm the the most honest mf'er you've ever seen!

Last edited:
These scientists and news media people are being influenced by corporations like the kind that made the vaccines. If you don't agree with them they will drop your funding and your advertising. Don't be sad. Just join the New Intellectuals of the 21st Century. There's a lot of us and it's growing day by day.
You're literally wasting the life of your keyboard switches.

The moon appears to be flat because everyone sees the same shape and features. You would think people at different areas would see different parts of a globe moon. They don't. Are the planets globes or are they flat. They are lights in the sky that no one has ever been to. The whole point of astronomy is a timekeeper for us. The sun measures the day length. Moon the month. The stars which aren't billions of miles away show time passing with their movement. Maybe the stars are beings or angels, who knows. If the sky was black like they show on the moon that would suck. Maybe the moon is a night light? If the earth sun and planets were really travelling through space like they say the stars wouldn't stay the same over thousands of years. More proof for you.
The moon is not a planet, it is a moon.
A moon rotates around a planet.
If you were on another planet, the Earth would look like a light in the sky.
This is so ridiculous. :D

When the Heck are you going to join?
Obviously it hasn't happened yet...
:)

The people I listen to don't really like Sargent and Jeranism. It seems like they push a map that is easy to debunk. I don't push flat earth because it is very polarizing and hard to prove. I just believe the globe is a hoax. I don't know exactly what our realm is because I don't have all the tools to research it. There's just no reason for it to be a rotating ball in space. Doesn't even make sense. Space travel is easy to debunk. It just takes a couple days of research unless you learning disabled. I'm not lying, I'm the the most honest mf'er you've ever seen!
I'm thinking that you do not believe there are other planets. Would that be accurate?

I'm thinking that you do not believe there are other planets. Would that be accurate?
When have you been to these other "planets"? Neither have I. So we have to trust a space agency that mere mortals can easily debunk. It sounds like a 20th century Tower of Babel. If you don't know what that is, basically in the bible it told of a building of a tower so tall it would be able to see God. A rocket going up in space is a modern Tower of Babel. But instead of really doing that, they realized they couldn't so it was faked. Pretty easy with Hollywood technology. We aren't saying people didn't work hard for NASA I'm just saying they really don't go up there.

When have you been to these other "planets"? Neither have I. So we have to trust a space agency that mere mortals can easily debunk. It sounds like a 20th century Tower of Babel. If you don't know what that is, basically in the bible it told of a building of a tower so tall it would be able to see God. A rocket going up in space is a modern Tower of Babel. But instead of really doing that, they realized they couldn't so it was faked. Pretty easy with Hollywood technology. We aren't saying people didn't work hard for NASA I'm just saying they really don't go up there.
Me going there matters not.
I know what the tower of Babel is, and I am not religious. It has nothing to do with anything based on reality mate.
Your "WE" sounds like QAnon "WWG1WGA".
Sorry, but science beats Cult all day everyday.
Are you lonely? Does your family reject your beliefs? Are you bored with your anti-science/flat earth/fake moon landing echo chamber?
Is that why you feel the need to bring this useless drivel here?

By Bothched Are You Really Meaning Lied To? Because That Is What Happened. You, As A Passionate Learner And Scientist Should Know This Very Easily. There Is So Much Data, Peer Reviews, Sub-Stacks Of Verifiable Data To Prove So That If All That Paper Was Dropped On Globe Earth It Would Make It Flat From The Weight Of The Paper. I Find What Was Done To Humanity Sad...You Should Too!

Me going there matters not.
I know what the tower of Babel is, and I am not religious. It has nothing to do with anything based on reality mate.
Your "WE" sounds like QAnon "WWG1WGA".
Sorry, but science beats Cult all day everyday.
Are you lonely? Does your family reject your beliefs? Are you bored with your anti-science/flat earth/fake moon landing echo chamber?
Is that why you feel the need to bring this useless drivel here?

No, I'm fine and dandy. Not lonely, plus I have many guitars which isn't necessary, but a passion. The Qanon was a setup to make truthers look bad. I think they realized they were a threat so posted some disinfo. I think some was true but that's the way it works. Jan 6th was a setup to make Trumpers look bad. I realized both of these were setups and wouldn't be involved in either. I just brought up the India moon landing which I thought more people would realize was fake. Then a discussion ensued....

By Bothched Are You Really Meaning Lied To? Because That Is What Happened. You, As A Passionate Learner And Scientist Should Know This Very Easily. There Is So Much Data, Peer Reviews, Sub-Stacks Of Verifiable Data To Prove So That If All That Paper Was Dropped On Globe Earth It Would Make It Flat From The Weight Of The Paper. I Find What Was Done To Humanity Sad...You Should Too!
Probably little to gain for either of us but I'll try. I'm sure you've absorbed the opinions of those familiar to you. Its not really your fault you feel this way. Certainly there were lies told. Some justified, some not, depends on your moral philosophy. Most were made to cover up incorrect assumptions or assessments made about the virus to save face which I think was wrong. I don't believe, however, that there is or was some widespread conspiracy that the government is just the boogeyman out to get us. They're just dumb, because they are people, just like us.

You're viewing a 3 year global situation with a lens that is only so capable. The largest group of people you've ever tried to navigate in a dangerous situation was probably no more than 10. Try a billion. With other leaders and governments trying to control and navigate over 8 billion. You have no idea. Its easy to be a critic, be a victim, feel wronged when you're only looking out for you. You are also viewing the pandemic through hindsight. Things that are obvious now, weren't as obvious then. Not just to YOU, but to me, to governments, scientists, businesses, everyone. In epidemics or pandemics, decisions need to be made very quickly and its always better to be err on the side of caution when dealing in nuance. The changes in policy was rapidly changing due to new information and data. You probably feel that the fact that you were first told masks are ineffective was a lie. Or that them telling you you don't need one, then you do need one, was also nothing but manufactured lies. Because you're so emotional about it, it is the only way you could justify the situation. The reality is, is that there are many variables to consider in making decisions on the LARGE scale especially in a potentially dangerous scenario. And when you deal with novel situations, mistakes can be made or assumptions can turn out to be incorrect. You don't do case by case, you make broad sweeping policies that may not be needed for every single individual for the sake of mass efficiency in a situation where time is sensitive. You probably feel lied to when these policy affect you, but you feel isn't warranted for YOU, its actually kind of typically American to feel this way but its self-absorbed and wrong.

Nobody is perfectly objective, certainly not me. But your opinions are too fragile because they were built in a state of emotion rather than fact.

The people I listen to don't really like Sargent and Jeranism. It seems like they push a map that is easy to debunk. I don't push flat earth because it is very polarizing and hard to prove.
Then why believe it if it's so hard to prove? You are telling me right now you trust something that has no proof or impossible proof behind it. Globe Earth models work! Everything we have supports this concept, there isn't a single phenomenon out there that can only be explained on a flat earth model and not a globular one. None. I'm curious to know who you do listen to. D Marble? Globebusters? Pratt? Chris from NY? Eric Dubay? Nathan Oakley? I know em all.

I don't know exactly what our realm is because I don't have all the tools to research it. There's just no reason for it to be a rotating ball in space. Doesn't even make sense. Space travel is easy to debunk. It just takes a couple days of research unless you learning disabled. I'm not lying, I'm the the most honest mf'er you've ever seen!
Ok...theres some good statements in here. You don't have the tools to research it. Good, that's progress. You don't know what kind of realm we live in. Good, that's an honest answer, this is what I want to see from you. Honestly, I can't know with 100% certainty either, but I know math is real, it works and it supports a rotating globe earth. I don't need photos, NASA, or to rely on someone on the internet telling me, I can do the calculations myself. I can replicate experiments, and I don't need a lab or a bunch of money. You can do them too, but you have to do it! Bob from Globebusters tried. He went the distance and got a ring laser gyroscope, with the intent of showing that if there was no errant drift of 15 degrees per hour, the earth was stationary. However, he detected drift. If I'm going to hold you to the honesty claim you make about yourself, then you have to admit you could be wrong about what you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back