Detailed Instructions: "How to get along at the PRS forum!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the disruption lately I just wanted to say thank you to this forum. Over the years it’s been a friendly place where I could ask questions and help answer questions for others.

It’s no one’s business but I was my mother’s primary caregiver while she battled stage 4 cancer for two years. This place and its people were a big refuge for me. I could browse the forum and engage with decent people in a good community.

I didn’t know Lew and I wouldn’t pretend to know him although I wish I did know him. I took a break from the internet in general during my mom’s final months. When I came back to the forum I saw the thread on Lew saying goodbye. I read through dozens of pages hoping that maybe some miracle might’ve happened for him. It gutted me when I saw the post that a forum member had confirmation of his passing. But just as quickly I felt hope and genuine love when I read all the people giving their condolences for him. I couldn’t bring myself to post on the thread but reading it brought me peace to know people care even after we’re gone.

And as for any narcissists on this forum, well it’s not hard to spot a pattern. A thread complaining about being ignored and then all their posts start falling off the front page with minimal engagement. So what does this person do? They post derogatory drivel on a thread they know others will see and react to.

At the end of the day, over almost a decade on this forum I’ve found the vast majority here are well intentioned and act in good faith. Thank you all for that, even if you didn’t know how much it meant to and still means to me.

With all the disruption lately I just wanted to say thank you to this forum. Over the years it’s been a friendly place where I could ask questions and help answer questions for others.

It’s no one’s business but I was my mother’s primary caregiver while she battled stage 4 cancer for two years. This place and its people were a big refuge for me. I could browse the forum and engage with decent people in a good community.

I didn’t know Lew and I wouldn’t pretend to know him although I wish I did know him. I took a break from the internet in general during my mom’s final months. When I came back to the forum I saw the thread on Lew saying goodbye. I read through dozens of pages hoping that maybe some miracle might’ve happened for him. It gutted me when I saw the post that a forum member had confirmation of his passing. But just as quickly I felt hope and genuine love when I read all the people giving their condolences for him. I couldn’t bring myself to post on the thread but reading it brought me peace to know people care even after we’re gone.

And as for any narcissists on this forum, well it’s not hard to spot a pattern. A thread complaining about being ignored and then all their posts start falling off the front page with minimal engagement. So what does this person do? They post derogatory drivel on a thread they know others will see and react to.

At the end of the day, over almost a decade on this forum I’ve found the vast majority here are well intentioned and act in good faith. Thank you all for that, even if you didn’t know how much it meant to and still means to me.
Good to have you here mate?

Well said!

It’s no one’s business but I was my mother’s primary caregiver while she battled stage 4 cancer for two years. This place and its people were a big refuge for me. I could browse the forum and engage with decent people in a good community

Sorry to hear about your mother. Glad you're back.

As we all know, bad apples are in every bunch (and I have been the bad apple on occasion in my life, but never intentionally)! Best we can do is spot them and avoid taking a bite as best we can!! Sounds like you are a good son and I am sure your mother appreciated your commitment in her time of transition ;~)) So many in our society walk away from such responsibilities, and I believe it is only getting worse ;~(( Kudos to you for carrying that torch!!!

As we all know, bad apples are in every bunch (and I have been the bad apple on occasion in my life, but never intentionally)! Best we can do is spot them and avoid taking a bite as best we can!! Sounds like you are a good son and I am sure your mother appreciated your commitment in her time of transition ;~)) So many in our society walk away from such responsibilities, and I believe it is only getting worse ;~(( Kudos to you for carrying that torch!!!
My experience with apples says, if we could avoid the ones that have been dropped on their head, they won't get in the basket and rot the good ones.

Sorry to hear about your loss, and glad the forum could be a comfort and/or distraction for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back