Delphi, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably little to gain for either of us but I'll try. I'm sure you've absorbed the opinions of those familiar to you. Its not really your fault you feel this way. Certainly there were lies told. Some justified, some not, depends on your moral philosophy. Most were made to cover up incorrect assumptions or assessments made about the virus to save face which I think was wrong. I don't believe, however, that there is or was some widespread conspiracy that the government is just the boogeyman out to get us. They're just dumb, because they are people, just like us.

You're viewing a 3 year global situation with a lens that is only so capable. The largest group of people you've ever tried to navigate in a dangerous situation was probably no more than 10. Try a billion. With other leaders and governments trying to control and navigate over 8 billion. You have no idea. Its easy to be a critic, be a victim, feel wronged when you're only looking out for you. You are also viewing the pandemic through hindsight. Things that are obvious now, weren't as obvious then. Not just to YOU, but to me, to governments, scientists, businesses, everyone. In epidemics or pandemics, decisions need to be made very quickly and its always better to be err on the side of caution when dealing in nuance. The changes in policy was rapidly changing due to new information and data. You probably feel that the fact that you were first told masks are ineffective was a lie. Or that them telling you you don't need one, then you do need one, was also nothing but manufactured lies. Because you're so emotional about it, it is the only way you could justify the situation. The reality is, is that there are many variables to consider in making decisions on the LARGE scale especially in a potentially dangerous scenario. And when you deal with novel situations, mistakes can be made or assumptions can turn out to be incorrect. You don't do case by case, you make broad sweeping policies that may not be needed for every single individual for the sake of mass efficiency in a situation where time is sensitive. You probably feel lied to when these policy affect you, but you feel isn't warranted for YOU, its actually kind of typically American to feel this way but its self-absorbed and wrong.

Nobody is perfectly objective, certainly not me. But your opinions are too fragile because they were built in a state of emotion rather than fact.
My Hindsight Is No Different Than It Was In The Initial Moment. I Understand And Can Relate To Everything You Said In Your Post. Unfortunately, As Logical And Practical As It Is In Theory, What You Stated Is Not What Happened In Reality. Nothing That Was Said Was True. Nothing That Was Suggested Worked. Nothing That Was Mandated Was Necessary. There Was No Data To Support The Posturing Of The Powers That Be And There Still Isn't A Shred Of Proof (Aside From The Side Effects, Injuries, Myocarditis, Death, And So On) That They Did ANYTHING We Were Told They Would Do. We Were Told Safe And Effective. We Were Told Get The Shot And You Won't Get "C" But That Wasn't The Truth. Herd Immunity Is Far Better. There Was No Testing For Long Term Side Effects But Promises Were Made And Then Narratives Changed. Then Boosters Were Needed For A Less Than 1% Chance Of Death If You Got "It." Flu Numbers Went Down somehow But The Overall Numbers Year To Year Has Been About The Same. They Just Switched The Narrative...Again. Governments Paid These Companies Billions Of Our Dollars. There Were Billions Of Marketing Dollars Spent To Persuade Society. The Fear Mongering Was Off The Charts. This Was Well Planned For A Long Time. Why Would These Companies Want To Withold Records For 75 Years? To Hide Their Negligence, That Is Why. People Are Dropping Like Flies, It is Undeniable. How Did That Graphene Oxide Get Into All Those People? Coroner's Who Have The Guts To Speak Up Have A Lot To Say About It. It Is Called A Vaccine But In The Terms Of What A Vaccine Is Supposed To Do This Didn't Do Any Of That. In Fact It Did Far More Damage. Fauci And So Many Others Lied Like Hell And The MSM Pushed Like Nobody's Business Trying To Shame People And Cancel People For Not Stepping In Line. The Truth Is Out There In Very Plain Sight With Legitimate Proof If People Want To Look For It. The Last Thing "Leaders" Need Too Be Doing Is Pushing Anything Until They Know The Facts And Have Long Term Data To Back It Up. There Were Safe And Effective Medicines But We Were Prevented In Many Ways From Getting Them Because That Would Ruin The Cash Grab And They Couldn't Push Through Their Emergency Use Authorization. I Didn't Fall For The B.S. But I Sure Feel Sorry For Those That Did. Yes I Do Feel Lied To, Because I Was And You Were Too. I Will Leave It At That.

This was a fun read. I got to leave so many laugh reacts.

In reality, this thread is so depressing. It's really messed up that American citizens can receive this poor of an education and end up like this.

Btw, this is nothing! The flat earth thread on the gear page is MASSIVE. I haven't read it, but I'm sure it's fantastic for fans of farce.

This was a fun read. I got to leave so many laugh reacts.

In reality, this thread is so depressing. It's really messed up that American citizens can receive this poor of an education and end up like this.

Btw, this is nothing! The flat earth thread on the gear page is MASSIVE. I haven't read it, but I'm sure it's fantastic for fans of farce.
This is unfortunately the flip side of the coin of individualism and freedom. So you have to accept it. I believe its a worthy tradeoff but it is certainly an annoying side effect.

hat's if you believe gravity exists.
Here again, I have concrete, first hand experience to prove gravity exists. In fact, it's MUCH stronger than it used to be. Here's how I know: In my mid 40s I could still dunk. Back in spring, I was playing basketball with my grandson and I can BARELY touch the rim now! What the heck happened? Well, gravity has increased, of course. It's the only logical answer.

Here again, I have concrete, first hand experience to prove gravity exists. In fact, it's MUCH stronger than it used to be. Here's how I know: In my mid 40s I could still dunk. Back in spring, I was playing basketball with my grandson and I can BARELY touch the rim now! What the heck happened? Well, gravity has increased, of course. It's the only logical answer.
I concur.
Way back when I could fall off my bike, immediately get up and get going again.
Now if I fall off it takes much more effort and time.
Increased gravitational force, obvs...

I concur.
Way back when I could fall off my bike, immediately get up and get going again.
Now if I fall off it takes much more effort and time.
Increased gravitational force, obvs...
See, we have even more proof. And for those who see conspiracy at every turn, NO, there is in an increase in mass affecting this equation! I weigh the same I did back then. So... how can anyone refute such clear and concise information?

I've never been to the PRS factory, but I do believe that exists. And its definitely flat if viewed from space. Makes one wonder how they could possibly make guitars in a one-dimensional factory. But I have one, so it must have come from somewhere. Unless the government is really making them and setting up stores around the country to sell them use the proceeds to make their vaccines. Yeah, that's probably it. CCR, where do i join your club?

I've never been to the PRS factory, but I do believe that exists. And its definitely flat if viewed from space. Makes one wonder how they could possibly make guitars in a one-dimensional factory. But I have one, so it must have come from somewhere. Unless the government is really making them and setting up stores around the country to sell them use the proceeds to make their vaccines. Yeah, that's probably it. CCR, where do i join your club?
Well the PRS guitar evolved from the Strat and Les Paul. It's all in the fossil records. It happened over billions of years! Before that they evolved from Ukuleles. Why are there still Ukuleles then? Because they didn't feel like evolving, that's why.

Man, I went to bed last night, and just got back to this thread. I missed 3 pages overnight! I gotta get me some more

xe8miQD.jpg

Ok, again I'm assuming your not trolling...

The Flat Earth map you are referring to is known as the Gleason projection. It's one of many ways to show the surface of the Earth, but all of them have distortions. Why? Well...it's a 2d representation of a 3d object, that object being a globe. Several continents are stretched in ways that do not comport with reality. If you resize them to be geographically accurate, then the oceans get bigger.

The Bible, and please forgive me if you take offense to this if you are religious because I don't mean to be rude, but I don't care what it has to say about scientific concepts and cosmology. It's a bibliography of the people and tribes who participated in its writing. It's not a scientific source and shouldn't be viewed as such. It doesn't contradict science so long as you take things like the firmament as allegory. Objectively, we have never seen any evidence of a dome structure encompassing the Earth. There is certainly no physical evidence to suggest it's existence. If it was there, we'd know about it.
As a Catholic who is a rabid autodidact I firmly (pun intended) believe this was a pre-historic articulation of the magnetosphere and the atmosphere. They knew there was some kind of unexplainable anomaly protecting the earth but didn’t have the knowledge to properly articulate it yet so it sounds how it sounds. There are many scientific parallels in the bible that people don’t know about because so many scientific people view religion as idiocy and too many religious people see science as blasphemy. It’s for this reason I don’t trust non religious scientists because they are more dangerous than religious idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back