Are we going to be replaced?

When you write a new song are people going to think you used AI? It will probably be used on some music but most people will realize that it's fake. Remember back in the 80's when synthesizers were supposed to replace all instruments? They didn't but it did result in new sounds like synth-pop and hip hop.

First of all, this very interesting video from Mr. Beato Channel:

I think he is a right at many levels...are "live/real musicians" going to become a rare thing for old school enthusiasts? I think there is definitely a trend, at least at the mainstream, that musicians can be fixed and replaced.

Last summer, our own Spanish sensation, Rosalia, was in the headlines for not using any musicians on her otherwise staggering and wildly successful live shows. In fact, one of the highlights of her gig is the moment she plays (not sure if faking it or not) a black LP in one or two songs, and that's the only instrument you'll get to see in 2 hours. When asked about this, she just replied something like "that's a very old school point of view" and "you are missing the point: people don't come to my shows because of that".

So...music generated by AI, music stars putting musicians aside...where is this leading us folks?
In my opinion, we (as in Rock guitarists we) were replaced a long time ago...by really good female singers who hire sidemen/women.

When the days of the great lead guitarist and great male singer forming the nucleus of a band all but disappeared, I became jaded and began to not GAF about the direction of popular music. I could be an old man yelling at the sky, but the sky deserves it. ;)

I blame Madonna. lol j/k.

Back