The best PRS tone you’ve never heard

SteveGlitch

We are all one so we may as well have some fun ❤
Today at church, one of our youth jumped on stage and rocked a PRS to an old hymn John Mayer style....

We are lucky to have so many professional musicians at our chuch. It may be a mega-church where we work hard but everyone is on fire for God at our church so I am very proud of what we do what we believe and how we conduct ourselves in and out of church.

This youth is also part of our worship team rotation and his main guitar is that PRS. Sometimes he'll bring a strat.

The young man has the "it" factor.

Indeed. He's got a great touch.

I don't hear Mayer. I don't hear anyone, just those Hendrix-y chordal things, which of course are now a part of normal vocabulary for many players. This kind of playing (unaccompanied solo, chord melody I guess?) is something I've always wanted to get alot better at... but most of my practice time is spent learning new tunes for my cover band. I miss being able to just "sit and play... for me", and work on new stuff "for me".

Indeed. He's got a great touch.

I don't hear Mayer. I don't hear anyone, just those Hendrix-y chordal things, which of course are now a part of normal vocabulary for many players. This kind of playing (unaccompanied solo, chord melody I guess?) is something I've always wanted to get alot better at... but most of my practice time is spent learning new tunes for my cover band. I miss being able to just "sit and play... for me", and work on new stuff "for me".
It can definitely be hard to get used to.

I guess I excel at that Instrumental type of playing but only because I started with fingerpicking styles and then when I started at smaller churches I was the only electric for awhile. The challenge was they would say "Hey Steve, we need you to do both the rhythm and the lead at the same time" while I would respond with "That's impossible, there's 2 or 3 electrics", I found myself learning that you could indeed do those parts at the same time if you put the work into it and move the capo around.

What I want to learn more of is country-blues stuff. Think Brad Paisely style, that would be my dream to be a lead guitarist for a hole in the wall country bar band!

Back