'COVID-19' Projects

Today's projects were lawn care and chopping some wood for the Schwenker. My local hardware store had a special on these new axes a few months ago and I finally got to give it a whirl.

i-fBzD69h-X4.jpg
Catching up on this thread:

So, you say you got a new axe and finally had a chance to play (with) it?

And you promptly chopped up wood for the shed, i.e. woodshedded?

Where are you from? - Arizona

The Midwest? - No, Arizona is in the Southwest.

Did you grow up on a farm? - Ranch actually. Then we moved closer to town and opened a mechanic's shop but it never made much money. My mom was a school teacher and that brought in most of the money. Hard to believe that a school teacher's salary would be the real breadwinner right?
I grew up in Ohio and spent 38 years there, with family in the Cincinnati area since 1835.

My mom was a school teacher and that brought in most of the money. Hard to believe that a school teacher's salary would be the real breadwinner right?

Hey, mine too.

Dad stayed at home and cared for me before I started school. Luckily he is a professional artist and could work from home.

Quite radical for the ‘70’s!

I don't think I showed the final look of the bike I did a make over on.
NewLookVinnie.JPG

Everything but the saddle and the tires is original from the mid 80s.
Saddle is a vintage look Brooks, complete with rivets. About 70 hours of ride time to break it in, meaning shape the leather to your butt.
Tires are inverse tread Continental Town and Country. It gives a nice smooth ride on asphalt but still has decent grip on groomed trails.
And I just realized I need to add my Canada/Germany flag stickers to it.

I moved house two weekends ago. We relocated a whole 500 feet from a 2br to a 3br unit. Much needed already, and I'm even more thankful for the extra space now that we're all at home and school is virtual through the end of the year. Been occupied with all the little projects that moving brings. Unpacking, organizing, decorating. I have an office/guitar space now, woo hoo!

My Positive Grid Spark amp finally came in after a 5 month wait. Having a lot of fun experimenting with the available tones. Great sounding modeler. It's perfect for playing in an apartment bedroom without bothering anyone. Surprisingly good tones to be found.

A good thing about this stuck at home stuff is my wife and I are encouraging each other's fitness. We have a little friendly competition to get our steps in on our Fitbits and we get to take more walks together.

Also, thanks to inspiration from my daughter, the Mrs and I have done ten minutes of yoga every morning for 16 days and counting. My wife picked up on a 30 day challenge, so it's a great motivator to set a habit. I'm feeling the benefits already. I'm surprised at how much this short amount of time per day has improved my core strength.

NewLookVinnie.JPG

Saddle is a vintage look Brooks, complete with rivets. About 70 hours of ride time to break it in, meaning shape the leather to your butt.
Tires are inverse tread Continental Town and Country. It gives a nice smooth ride on asphalt but still has decent grip on groomed trails.
Just need a King of Hearts closepinned to the front fork and you are in business. That is one sweet ride.

NewLookVinnie.JPG

Nice work!

I moved house two weekends ago. We relocated a whole 500 feet from a 2br to a 3br unit. Much needed already, and I'm even more thankful for the extra space now that we're all at home and school is virtual through the end of the year. Been occupied with all the little projects that moving brings. Unpacking, organizing, decorating. I have an office/guitar space now, woo hoo!

My Positive Grid Spark amp finally came in after a 5 month wait. Having a lot of fun experimenting with the available tones. Great sounding modeler. It's perfect for playing in an apartment bedroom without bothering anyone. Surprisingly good tones to be found.

A good thing about this stuck at home stuff is my wife and I are encouraging each other's fitness. We have a little friendly competition to get our steps in on our Fitbits and we get to take more walks together.

Also, thanks to inspiration from my daughter, the Mrs and I have done ten minutes of yoga every morning for 16 days and counting. My wife picked up on a 30 day challenge, so it's a great motivator to set a habit. I'm feeling the benefits already. I'm surprised at how much this short amount of time per day has improved my core strength.
I need to get off my a$$!

Nita Strauss started a plank challenge in honor of one of the guys who participated in her first Body Shred thing and died a month or two ago. So I've started doing those again. I've been hitting the stationary bike much more regularly now w/no concerts and no going in to work. And this month I'll hit my company's 10,000 step/day thing for 20 days in the month for the first time. I've actually dropped a few pounds during the lockdown. And before anyone says anything, it's not like that's a great achievement - it's a lot like tossing a deck chair off a cruise ship.

NewLookVinnie.JPG

I think you meant your bum shapes itself to the Brooks saddle, it just feels like the leather has moved!;)

Same here brother!

Back