'COVID-19' Projects

Apartment Update:

The leaky pipe repair went through well; the commercial dehumidifier has been on most of the past several days and evenings, piping out modest heat (currently 68°F/20°C) and removing moisture that had collected in the wood framing and walls. The humidity indicates that its at 37%, though when one shuts off the dehumidifier and allows the room to stabilize, my room hygrometer reads about 44 to 46%.

Apartment management visited this morning and checked the wood framing (and stated that the wood was still wet), so at least a couple more days of dehumidifying until apartment management is satisfied that the risk for mold of mildew formation will have passed. Also, so additional repairs can be made (installation of wallboard and spackle, as well as painting over where the leaking water had stained the ceiling.

Looks yummy. Wish I could still eat bread....
I try to stay on work stuff to give my employer an honest days work. By 5:00 I have supper to make and then clean up.
Supper!?!?!?!?!?!! You called it supper?!?!
Where are you from? The midwest? Did you grow up on a farm?

Dinner can be had any time PM during the day, i.e. your Thanksgiving dinner can be at 2 pm.
Supper is an evening meal. If you had your dinner at 2 pm then the meal you eat at 8 pm would be supper.

New project... One of the Grandsons turns 4 tomorrow. He loves hanging out in the kitchen with his Mom...

CdYtOtT.jpg

And, since everyone always has too little space (even though her kitchen is he-uge), I made it foldable:

ramhaI0.jpg

That kept me busy for a while! But, this week I will be beginning a commission piece... Another tarot card box.

New project... One of the Grandsons turns 4 tomorrow. He loves hanging out in the kitchen with his Mom...

CdYtOtT.jpg

And, since everyone always has too little space (even though her kitchen is he-uge), I made it foldable:

ramhaI0.jpg

That kept me busy for a while! But, this week I will be beginning a commission piece... Another tarot card box.

That is dope!

Update:

Apartment management arrived bright and early (thank you very much) about 8:10AM Friday morning and disconnected the dehumidifier and removed same. The handyman said that it might be a couple weeks before the attic above dried out thoroughly, and it might require a few warm days in a row to do so. That being said, it's a mild but comfy 64°F (17.8°C) with partly cloudy skies.

Immediate family took a ride up to Home Depot for some online-ordered curbside pickup. Seems that my recyclable bottle usage needs someplace to keep the recyclables, so it was necessary to buy some construction trash bags strong and large enough to hold the bottles. These will keep until they can be redeemed.

Was planning on making a blueberry streusel pie, but this has taken a back burner while I sort out some choice words for the recipient who visited a Covid patient at an outdoor reasonable distance but neither visitor nor patient were wearing masks. Am not wishing to put neither my or my families health at risk, and the recipient is telling me I need to relax. Not sure how to proceed, given the recipient is a friend.

Update:

Apartment management arrived bright and early (thank you very much) about 8:10AM Friday morning and disconnected the dehumidifier and removed same. The handyman said that it might be a couple weeks before the attic above dried out thoroughly, and it might require a few warm days in a row to do so. That being said, it's a mild but comfy 64°F (17.8°C) with partly cloudy skies.

and some might say stuff your apartment management does is not a project.

Yesterday I built a fence for my bandsaw and an amp stand out of some old left over scrap wood. I still need to sand and paint the amp stand. Today I installed an electric gate opener. I’ve done a few other projects since this all started but I can’t remember what.

I have a tele neck in my closet and I’ve been looking at a few tele bodies on the Stratosphere. I can’t seem to make myself buy one though.

Yesterday I built a fence for my bandsaw and an amp stand out of some old left over scrap wood. I still need to sand and paint the amp stand. Today I installed an electric gate opener. I’ve done a few other projects since this all started but I can’t remember what.

I have a tele neck in my closet and I’ve been looking at a few tele bodies on the Stratosphere. I can’t seem to make myself buy one though.

tele necks make great door handles.

tele necks make great door handles.

I hadn’t thought about that, but I could see were they do.

I mainly want to put it together so my daughters have something electric to bang away on. I’ve never really liked the looks of tele’s. I’m not even sure why I bought the neck.

Where are you from? - Arizona

The Midwest? - No, Arizona is in the Southwest.

Did you grow up on a farm? - Ranch actually. Then we moved closer to town and opened a mechanic's shop but it never made much money. My mom was a school teacher and that brought in most of the money. Hard to believe that a school teacher's salary would be the real breadwinner right?

Back