'COVID-19' Projects

Today's projects were lawn care and chopping some wood for the Schwenker. My local hardware store had a special on these new axes a few months ago and I finally got to give it a whirl.

i-fBzD69h-X4.jpg

What does Martha recommend?

Today, I've got workers at my apartment doing a repair above the kitchen ceiling...apparently, there's a small leak in the feed water pipe between the 2 adjoining apartments that needs repair. The handymen are currently cordoning off a section above the kitchen cabinets and sawing a hole in the wall so as to access and dry out the water leak.

The pipe leak proper is above the ceiling. Not sure of the details just yet, but the workers have draped plastic drop cloths over the kitchen so as to facilitate eventual cleanup. Currently have a good 2.5 x 1 foot sized hole above the cabinets now. Am seriously thinking of letting the workers do their job while spending time away from the apartment...may be a wise decision to not be here while the guys do demo and repair...

EDIT: Pipe fitting compression joint installed, workers have left, save for letting a ladder remain and a light on in the attic so as to dry out moisture. Just spoke with the supervisor; the workers are locating some commercial dehumidifiers to wick some of the moisture from affected areas in the attic and walls.

Here's the repair pic w/ pipe compression fitting:

5gPKXES.jpg

Last edited:
Did some recording yesterday for a song that eluded me for a while. Rhythm track - the SE Hollowbody Standard through my pedals and such and into my Budda. Noticed that I was picking up some radio station or something. Usually I wouldn't sweat this, but with a couple of holds, the interference was audible. My usual routing is into a G-System (with some stuff in the loops) into my looper into a hum eliminator into the amp. So I eliminated the looper. When I went to plug the cable into the hum eliminator, I hit the edge of the case and the radio stuff got LOUD. Interesting. Still had the interference. So I rerouted the cable and plugged into the G-System - no interference. I initially thought it was the cable between the looper and the hum eliminator, or between the G-System and the looper. For now, the looper and hum eliminator will be out of the signal path.

FWIW - with the Budda master cranked and the preamp pretty low, the tone from the HB was, in the words of a certain French knight, "verrr nass".

What do you guys use to hang up guitar straps? I started to drive some nails in my wall and thought there’s gotta be a better way.

Surprised to see this question as I just solved this very problem this week! I like to have the straps with the guitar in case I want to play standing up. Each strap is set to the guitar it belongs with. All of my straps have Straplocks except one or maybe two, so I bought a dozen of the buttons only, and mounted them behind the hanging guitars, high enough that they can’t hit the rear of the guitar if it is pushed. The strap hangs for easy access, but is out of the way when not needed. Regular straps without Straplocks just pop over the button like an old school setup. I love it!

Opgj7gd.jpg

Rick:
Thanks again for your suggestion. I put the Schaller buttons up this morning.

I was the youngest, I was stuffed in the back with the groceries and the Kirby, My brother, his girlfriend, and her friend got the backseat with the dog on their lap. Dad and Mom up front, laughing the whole ride.

My wife is the youngest of 8 kids, and is and always was petite. She has often told the story of riding all the way to Myrtle Beach on family vacation, in the back window deck of her dads Ford LTD. That trip, 3 people in the front seat, 4 in the back seat, and she laid up in the back window! You know were we live. It was a 10 hour trip with two quick stops last fall when we went there, in a newer truck running 80 much of the way.

My wife is the youngest of 8 kids, and is and always was petite. She has often told the story of riding all the way to Myrtle Beach on family vacation, in the back window deck of her dads Ford LTD. That trip, 3 people in the front seat, 4 in the back seat, and she laid up in the back window! You know were we live. It was a 10 hour trip with two quick stops last fall when we went there, in a newer truck running 80 much of the way.
Being from Columbus I know that drive as well. It's a wonder she didn't fry back there.

Back