'COVID-19' Projects

She does, except this piece is a gift to our daughter. She will only sell satin to blind people who want to appreciate it through braille (It’s a feel thing).

Then maybe gloss on the front and satin on the back?

My Dad went for the Vega. We packed 24 bags of groceries, 4 kids, 2 adults the family dog and a Kirby Vacuum in that thing.

Sticking the younger ones in the back seat footwells, right? Youngest in the Kirby bag? Seniority has its privileges.

That Vega must've had shocks and struts to beat the band. You could almost hear the Vega creak and whimper with that load capacity...

Today's projects were lawn care and chopping some wood for the Schwenker. My local hardware store had a special on these new axes a few months ago and I finally got to give it a whirl.

i-fBzD69h-X4.jpg

Sticking the younger ones in the back seat footwells, right? Youngest in the Kirby bag? Seniority has its privileges.
I was the youngest, I was stuffed in the back with the groceries and the Kirby, My brother, his girlfriend, and her friend got the backseat with the dog on their lap. Dad and Mom up front, laughing the whole ride.

Spent the evening last night creating 2 new extensive Music playlists within my former iTunes. Classic Rock, & Rock n' Blues. The former is self-explanatory, the latter, more of an R&B/early R&R/blues roots playlist.

Just a variety of flavors from the usual dated groupings...

Small update on the projects all though for work.

The Volvo wheel loader is half way, waiting for the parts and the client decided that it was best to take the engine out after all so that the last oil seal on the crankshaft could also be replaced. While waiting for the parts our snowplow came back, broken of course. They managed to break the center plate of 40mm (!!:eek:) steel. So far for my Easter days. Friday prepared it for welding and today fixed that.

Pictures in the spoiler below for the ones that are interested.

Volvo wheel loader:
IMG-20200402-143631.jpg

IMG-20200402-143735.jpg

IMG-20200407-144236.jpg

IMG-20200407-144335.jpg

IMG-20200409-144939.jpg

Snowplow:
IMG-20200410-095253.jpg

IMG-20200410-102825.jpg

IMG-20200410-124544.jpg

IMG-20200413-100852.jpg

Silly me...I kinda thought this would be a "Money saving" kinda time...LOLOL...
While doing our usual evening walk one night last week, My wife and I found some old Baltimore door and window bars someone had put out at their mailbox..."FREE". Wrought Iron with pretty nice flowers and vines, and HEAVY bars.
Our plans are for a nice veggie garden with growing tomatoes, and other "climbing " veggies. They'll do just fine. While talking to the homeowner (from a distance, of course), he also mentioned a big mower...
Now, I'm on about an acre, with some crazy hills, and have pushed it with a 22" cut for years, for my exercise. Welp, with the price he said for the mower, even my wife said heck yes!!!! Its a John Deere GS45...quite a beast.
Did my first cut over the weekend...the thing is awesome...and now I have lots of extra/spare/NOT cuttin' grass time to play guitars!!!!!
Oh, and we also picked up a nice grill yesterday. (Weber 3 burner...NICE!!!)
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL EASTER!! (Not exactly how anyone planned, but nice, none-the-less!)

Back