Bohemian Rhapsody

Saw it tonight on cable.
Excellent!

The bass player (actor) was once the little kid in Jurassic Park.

They did a great job. I could squint my eyes and the difference between real and movie got real blended, especially in the stage performances.

Oh and here's him doing some other covers.

A very talented fellow. His operatic section was especially impressive and explains how he can has similarities to FM tonality.

I would be interested to know what his own voice sounds like (I think you understand what I mean).

A very talented fellow. His operatic section was especially impressive and explains how he can has similarities to FM tonality.

I would be interested to know what his own voice sounds like (I think you understand what I mean).

Yeah me too. I haven’t listened to him a lot, but did do a fairly intensive YouTube dive when I first heard him. I think he naturally has a Freddie vibe. Supposedly people at shows kept telling him he sounded a lot like him. So the band he was in finally started adding some Queen covers. The rest is history. Anyway even when he’s singing songs other than Queen, he kind of sounds like Freddie covering the song. He even looks a bit like him. I looked up his age to make sure he wasn’t Freddie reincarnated or something haha. But he was born in 1976.

Let me preface by saying that Queen is, and has been one of my favorite bands for many years. I've waited a long time for the biopic to come out. It's been in the works for at least a decade. So I had anxiously anticipated it's release for a long time.

I was pretty disappointed with it. For those who say Rami nailed it as Freddie, I would have to disagree. He didn't look much like him at all, which is fine, but he really couldn't nail his speaking voice or mannerisms either.

Apart from that, the story they chose to tell was pretty anticlimactic, and unfair to Freddie's legacy. The way they portrayed it in the movie was that Freddie's solo album had fractured the band, and that they had to have a meeting to make him realize what truly mattered. The fact is that both May and Taylor had solo albums before Mercury ever decided to do one. Kind of an odd choice to make Mercury, who is dead and can't defend himself look like the *******.

I think the real story of the band ended with the recording of the Innuendo and Made in Heaven albums. At that point Mercury was very ill (he died before ever finishing Made in Heaven). Mercury loved music. It was his life. When he knew that the end was near he totally absorbed himself in the music. I think his bravery and determination in the face of certain death would have been a more fitting tribute to the man's story than the self serving story they chose.

If you haven't listened to the Innuendo album, I highly recommend it. There are some great songs on it. Innuendo, These are the Days of our Lives, Bijou, The Show Must Go On to name a few.

Let me preface by saying that Queen is, and has been one of my favorite bands for many years. I've waited a long time for the biopic to come out. It's been in the works for at least a decade. So I had anxiously anticipated it's release for a long time.

I was pretty disappointed with it. For those who say Rami nailed it as Freddie, I would have to disagree. He didn't look much like him at all, which is fine, but he really couldn't nail his speaking voice or mannerisms either.

Apart from that, the story they chose to tell was pretty anticlimactic, and unfair to Freddie's legacy. The way they portrayed it in the movie was that Freddie's solo album had fractured the band, and that they had to have a meeting to make him realize what truly mattered. The fact is that both May and Taylor had solo albums before Mercury ever decided to do one. Kind of an odd choice to make Mercury, who is dead and can't defend himself look like the *******.

I think the real story of the band ended with the recording of the Innuendo and Made in Heaven albums. At that point Mercury was very ill (he died before ever finishing Made in Heaven). Mercury loved music. It was his life. When he knew that the end was near he totally absorbed himself in the music. I think his bravery and determination in the face of certain death would have been a more fitting tribute to the man's story than the self serving story they chose.

If you haven't listened to the Innuendo album, I highly recommend it. There are some great songs on it. Innuendo, These are the Days of our Lives, Bijou, The Show Must Go On to name a few.

You know, I kind of agree with you on this. I enjoyed the movie, and was entertained by it, but it just did not "move" me. I'd definitely watch it again, but maybe my expectations were higher, and that's why it left me a little meh? I'm not sure. Like I said, I really did like the movie, and I love Queen.

Having said that, the Mrs wanted to watch "A Star Is Born" Saturday. I wanted ABSOLUTELY NO PART OF IT!!!!!!! I really had no desire to see it. WOW, was I wrong. What a flick! The acting in that movie was outstanding. It was stunning, IMO.

You know, I kind of agree with you on this. I enjoyed the movie, and was entertained by it, but it just did not "move" me. I'd definitely watch it again, but maybe my expectations were higher, and that's why it left me a little meh? I'm not sure. Like I said, I really did like the movie, and I love Queen.

Having said that, the Mrs wanted to watch "A Star Is Born" Saturday. I wanted ABSOLUTELY NO PART OF IT!!!!!!! I really had no desire to see it. WOW, was I wrong. What a flick! The acting in that movie was outstanding. It was stunning, IMO.

I don't even know you anymore!

I'm so glad to hear this, as I've been wanting to see it since it came out. I LOVED the 70s version of the movie. Hadn't seen it since high school and still thought of it as one of the greatest love stories I've seen. Seeing that movie in high school as a wannabe musician, just hit home with me. That movie truly "moved me" in a way no others did as a teenager. I've thought since then that it was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

When the new one came out I wanted to see it immediately. Went once and it was sold out. Went a few weekends later and they had posted the wrong start times and we just missed one and would have had to wait 2 1/2 hours for the next one. So I still haven't seen it. Meanwhile, after YEARS of looking everywhere for the 70s version, it shows up on Netflix. I had looked ever since I got Netflix, looked for the DVD, etc. for years. Never saw it anywhere. So I watched it a couple weeks ago. I would say I only slightly over-rated it. I know that Barbara's music is not "my kind" of music, but Paul Williams wrote several of the greatest loves songs ever for that movie and she delivered them in incredible fashion. For many years, I would not turn Evergreen off if it came on the radio. Just loved that song because of the movie.

So, I was disappointed that the movie didn't do quite as well as many expected last night at the Oscars. But I still can't wait to see it and will soon.

Damn, even his whistling game is strong!

You can understand why they used some of his vocals for the movie. Apparently he is favoured by Roger Taylor.

Well I liked both.

I had a lot of sympathy for both Freddie and the character played by Cooper! A lot of dislike for the @rseholes that they had to put up with. Unfortunately there are a lot of them out there!

My wife too made me watch Star is Born and I was impressed by Bradley Cooper and the dynamic between him a Lady G.

Back