Heckuva Gig - Video Added

László

Too Many Notes
Wednesday evening I was supposed to be in Chicago, seeing my son perform at Wrigley Field with The Academy Is. I had looked forward to it for months!

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men...

My recent hospital trip put paid to that idea. Too soon to do any traveling. But my daughters came to the rescue; they face-timed with my wife and I and we got to see and hear the show. The audio wasn’t the best of course, but we heard everything well enough and watched. Vicarious fun!

The band was killer! My son said the gig was the best ever. This is part of the tour they went to England for, with Fallout Boy.

Wrigley was sold out. Here are a couple of pics they sent afterward:

JdwNeAb.jpg

Above pic - My son is on the left. And the obligatory Jumbotron shot:

7pA43H7.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Cow! (Gotta have a Harry Caray reference if you’re talking Cubs) - The stuff of rock star dreams right there, big time congrats! Being a baseball fan, an official jersey with my name one it would be the icing on the cake :)

Sorry to hear about the hospitalization, that sucks! Hope your recovery is going well!

Holy Cow! (Gotta have a Harry Caray reference if you’re talking Cubs) - The stuff of rock star dreams right there, big time congrats! Being a baseball fan, an official jersey with my name one it would be the icing on the cake :)

Sorry to hear about the hospitalization, that sucks! Hope your recovery is going well!
One of my son-in-laws was born and raised in Chicago, and a huge Cubs fan. He was over the moon because they got to visit the dugout, the locker room, etc. I so wish I could have been there!

BTW, the recovery is going very well.

That is freaking awesome that they did that for you. It looks like a cool show. Life is great some days...
It was so much fun, surprisingly, given the remote control aspect!

Fortunately, I caught the band live last fall at a festival in Chicago, and they are absolutely great. Very tight, well-rehearsed, everything perfect. Plus, great vocals, excellent guitar work, rhythm section spot-on.

Couldn't have been better.

"I'm sure they'd have asked me to do the show with them if I'd been able to go."

"Um...highly doubtful."

"You don't think even with my fancy amps, PRS' and ad experience they'd have been impressed with my rig and mad skillz?"

"Mad is the right adjective, wrong context. Dream on, cowboy." :rolleyes:

Back